Trade: DET-NSH

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Trade: DET-NSH

Post by Shoalzie »

To Detroit:
Louie Belpedio
Andre Burakovsky
2019 3rd Rounder (CHI)
*Conditional Pick -- 2020 3rd Rounder (NSH)

To Nashville:
Reily Smith

*If Burakovsky doesn't reach 20 goals in 2019-20, Detroit will receive the pick.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Trade: DET-NSH

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONTo Detroit:
Andre Burakovsky
Louis Belpedio
2019 3rd Rounder (CHI)
*Conditional Pick -- 2020 3rd Rounder (NSH)

To Nashville:
Reilly Smith

*If Burakovsky doesn't reach 20 goals in 2019-20, Detroit will receive the pick.
Confirmed
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Not liking the return for smith
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

me either
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Yeah pretty easy decision for Mik I would think
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah, took a bit of a gamble on this one compared to my Sergachev/Carter deal. Belpedio has a real chance of being an NHLer. The Wild's system is pretty thin in terms of defensemen. That CHI 3rd gives me a pick in the top 65 or so. If I'm not collecting on that extra pick, well that means Burakovsky had a nice year. He might be like Wennberg...might need a change of scenery. Mik and I waited for the deadline to pass to see if he get traded.

Curious to see what Vegas does with their lineup now that Stone is signed long term. A guy like Tuch gets bumped to third line I'd imagine. I would assume they'll keep Smith on the same line. Smith's having a poor year shooting the puck but still has 20-30 goal potential.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

I think this trade will be good long term for Scott. Belpedio should be an NHLer pretty soon and has 30 pts upside if successful.
Burakovsky will probably start outscoring Smith in a season or two. I wanted to hold onto him because his struggles this season will probably mean a cheap contract moving forward, but the fact the Caps didn't move him at the deadline meant he would have been a 3M anchor on my bench during the upcoming playoffs and with the Zuccarello injury it made sense to sacrifice him for a solid replacement.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

kyuss wroteCOLONI think this trade will be good long term for Scott. Belpedio should be an NHLer pretty soon and has 30 pts upside if successful.
Burakovsky will probably start outscoring Smith in a season or two. I wanted to hold onto him because his struggles this season will probably mean a cheap contract moving forward, but the fact the Caps didn't move him at the deadline meant he would have been a 3M anchor on my bench during the upcoming playoffs and with the Zuccarello injury it made sense to sacrifice him for a solid replacement.
I believe his RFA tender would be 3M, which certainly isn't cheap for the production he has shown
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONI think this trade will be good long term for Scott. Belpedio should be an NHLer pretty soon and has 30 pts upside if successful.
I believe his RFA tender would be 3M, which certainly isn't cheap for the production he has shown
well, I assume next season he will produce better.. especially if he gets moved.

And I didn’t realize he can’t get less than 3M next season.. is that really the case?
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

if they want to keep his RFA rights, yes. THey could sign him for a 2 year bridge deal to get a lower AAV
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

thom54 wroteCOLONif they want to keep his RFA rights, yes. THey could sign him for a 2 year bridge deal to get a lower AAV
so that’s probably what they will try to do
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Yes I'm sure it was really hard to move a player that scores below a 40.pt pace for his career and doesn't contribute in other categories.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Yes I'm sure it was really hard to move a player that scores below a 40.pt pace for his career and doesn't contribute in other categories.
would you easily trade Vrana away? because he seems to fit the description
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Nice try. This is Burakovsky's 5th NHL season and scoring metrics have gone backwards in 3 consecutive seasons. Vrana is scoring at a 2.4 p/60 rate this season at 5v5 which firmly plants him at a 1st line scoring rate for this season. All of his scoring metrics have trended in a positive direction each year since he's reached the NHL. We have a baseline for what Burakovsky is at this point while Vrana continues to improve and role slowly increases. And fwiw, Vrana is currently on approximately a 50 point pace for the season. Maybe Burakovsky can learn to quit sucking again once he's out of Washington, but that would only be pure speculation.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Oh and I'm also not a team with cup aspirations trading for a player that not only scores as a higher rate, but has nearly 100 minutes of shtoi, so not really sure how your little clap back is relevant to the conversation in the 1st place.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

It will be interesting to see if bura's offense drops off when rantanen returns or ifhe just needed a change of scenery. Trade definitely looks better now. Than it did in February.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Bura on pace to get to 30 goals, still 12 to go to reach 20 and satisfy the condition though.

Either way, nice to see him deliver for Scott, especially after Belpedio failed to make the Wild this season
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

My team isn't looking too hot but Burakovsky has definitely been a bright spot. If he hits 20+ goals, I won't complain...even if means costing me that extra 3rd. I was most concerned with him finding his game and getting a steady gig with another team because it was guarantee the Caps weren't keeping him. Both and Donskoi have done well with their change of scenery. I'm fairly pleased with getting Shane Pinto with that CHI 3rd...having a decent freshman year at North Dakota.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

2 more goals for Bura in a 3-2 win, halfway through for the 20 target in just 1/4 of the season
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

What's been interesting with him this year is how he'll have multi-point games and also go quiet. For a guy flirting with a point-per-game average...he was scoreless for stretches of 2, 3 and 4 games during the season. 14 of his 18 points were picked up in 6 games. He's had four 2-point games and two 3-point games. I guess in a weekly league, it's good when a player can be streaky hot.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to