VGK-NSH

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: VGK-NSH

Post by cliff11 »

what a mess hahaha
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLONHey da_hawks, are you really joining the light+casper crap-fest factory?
Simply basing that on the fact that you like both Darling and Dubnyk - and IMO, both are really bad at being a goalie - just really good at being tall.

Full props to you for extracting a crazy amount of value in this deal.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLONHey da_hawks, are you really joining the light+casper crap-fest factory?
Hey how bout you put your money where your mouth is or admit you are completely full of shit.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Hey how bout you put your money where your mouth is or admit you are completely full of shit.
that's some dirty money right there
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I think there is a pretty distinct difference between Mik saying Darling might get Vezina consideration with a bounceback year, and him betting that Darling in fact wins the Vezina next year...
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Glad to see that i can finally move on from being ostricized
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONI think there is a pretty distinct difference between Mik saying Darling might get Vezina consideration with a bounceback year, and him betting that Darling in fact wins the Vezina next year...
"If" Darling bounces back to his Chicago numbers of .920 + on Carolina - give the man a Vezina. Means the Hurricanes are back in the playoffs and that's pretty awesome. I will gladly eat my words if that happens. Unfortunately I just do not see it happen.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
since you seem challenged by this thing, and someone was kind enough to provide an explanation already, I'll help out by giving you the link:
http://bbkl.ca/posting.php?mode=quote&f ... 2#pr291785
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONI think there is a pretty distinct difference between Mik saying Darling might get Vezina consideration with a bounceback year, and him betting that Darling in fact wins the Vezina next year...
No there isn't. Only reason for even putting in a clause like that is if you believe he is a vezina candidate. I will even handicap this for him. My best 2019 1st vs his worst 2019 at the conclusion of the 2018-2019 season.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

dude, if you really can't understand such a simple concept despite the above explanation, there isn't much I can do about it
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Honest question though - it says ''receives a Vezina nomination'' - are the nominations even made public every year? They make the top three public - but not every single nomination.

Does he really only require one vote to get an additional 1st round pick?
Last edited by 1 on Da_Hawks, edited 0 times in total.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
No there isn't. Only reason for even putting in a clause like that is if you believe he is a vezina candidate. I will even handicap this for him. My best 2019 1st vs his worst 2019 at the conclusion of the 2018-2019 season.
Yes there is, betting a consideration versus a certainty is obviously different. Also not sure why you are so personally invested in every trade block, trade, and thread of discussion. You really know how to suffocate a league.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONHonest question though - it says ''receives a Vezina nomination'' - are the nominations even made public every year? They make the top three public - but not every single nomination.

They do make them public. I was working under the assumption of a top 3 finish, not just receiving a top 3 vote. Kyuss if we had a mix-up here, we can discuss.

Edit: I believe this year was the first year all ballot's were public.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Yes there is, betting a consideration versus a certainty is obviously different. Also not sure why you are so personally invested in every trade block, trade, and thread of discussion. You really know how to suffocate a league.
Suffocate a league? Lol. Give me a break dude.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLONdude, if you really can't understand such a simple concept despite the above explanation, there isn't much I can do about it
Thanks for confirming what I already knew.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Malette18 wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONHonest question though - it says ''receives a Vezina nomination'' - are the nominations even made public every year? They make the top three public - but not every single nomination.

They do make them public. I was working under the assumption of a top 3 finish, not just receiving a top 3 vote. Kyuss if we had a mix-up here, we can discuss.

Edit: I believe this year was the first year all ballot's were public.
Cool - I just looked it up. Interesting that it goes all the way to 5th place votes. I imagine that clause will get a slight modification as it currently sounds like he only needs one actual vote for the clause to be considered fulfilled. - and not a top three finish.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Sensfanjosh wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Suffocate a league? Lol. Give me a break dude.
Like I said earlier, any time someone comments on a trade you immediately jump down their throat violently if you disagree with them. Makes commenting on trades a lot less fun.

Learn to have an enjoyable discussion while disagreeing on trades.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Late to this party.
Looks like everyone is already drunk and fighting.

Seems like a bad deal for a backup.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONLate to this party.
Looks like everyone is already drunk and fighting.

Seems like a bad deal for a backup.
This has been a great thread. I love this league for the pure simple reason that people can have their opinions... fight about it then and still talk respectfully in PMs. It's pretty awesome.
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by cliff11 »

this happens every off season hahaha
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to