VGK-NSH

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: VGK-NSH

Post by Shoalzie »

I think is the one way you can technically involve 2021 picks in a trade.

It does need to pointed out, that 2020 1st VGK can't be moved by Vegas or Nashville until the condition plays out...whether or not it's a top 3 pick in 2020. That pick is essentially frozen since it was specifically listed in the conditions.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Matthew wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
kimmer wroteCOLONNot allowed to post a trade and confirm, when potential 2021 picks are involved due to a condition that may or may not take place within realms of possibility, as it violates on this very calendar day, the rule of picks 3 years away cannot be wagered as payment, or given as part of a future deal as a promise.
what are you talking about?

we can't move picks more than 2 years ahead, that 2021 pick wouldn't move before 2020..
We cannot trade picks from 2021 yet. If u quit tomorrow it would mean the new gm has to pay a price 3 years down the road.

In your opinion, you could liquidate all 1sts for the next 15 years in clause deals?
mmh, that's actually a good point.

I guess we can replace that with a generic (non VGK) 2020 1st
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Ur welcome for the direction and guidance
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

kimmer wroteCOLONUr welcome for the direction and guidance
if only you could explain yourself as well as Matthew.. :P
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

kimmer wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
kimmer wroteCOLONAnd yea, why do u make such calculated, lucid minded cut throat deals that earned u "bryuns of adhl" type rep in my eyes in that league, but do stuff like this in this league

Starting to get suspicious man
what are u talking about #2
I don't have actual suspicion that Jordan has some split personality disorder.
I actually just think that he handles adhl competition much better than he does bbkl. Less time spent here for him + GMs are much tougher in negotiation level/higher tier of thinking. It's merely transparent his respective trade performances in both leagues. It's natural to struggle a bit more here, and at times it shows.

Edit: inb4 yes, i struggle in Both leagues, what does that make me. Blah blah
I agree with most of this. I haven't spent much time around here since joining, which I've tried to improve since the draft. Being the "new" guy who has shown poor results in trades in the past and currently has no goalie didn't leave me in the best spot in terms of leverage here. Yes, I am aware this is a bad deal for Darling. No, I don't regret it now that I've seen the commentary here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

As for the trade itself...makes plenty of sense for Vegas to pair up Mrazek with Darling.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Malette18 wroteCOLON Yes, I am aware this is a bad deal for Darling. No, I don't regret it now that I've seen the commentary here.
How can you know at this time? If Darling goes back to his pre-17/18 level this deal will look great for you
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

If he goes back to that level it's fair.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLON Yes, I am aware this is a bad deal for Darling. No, I don't regret it now that I've seen the commentary here.
How can you know at this time? If Darling goes back to his pre-17/18 level this deal will look great for you
Was he a starter before then or sheltered with starts on a good team? It's OK Mik. Trade is done, so you don't need to keep pumping him up after the fact lol! I find it hilarious a Vezina clause even made it's way into this trade. A if Darling is moved or bought out clause Vegas gets their 1st back would have made a lot more sense.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Matthew wroteCOLONIf he goes back to that level it's fair.
if he registers those SV% numbers as CAR starter, then he would be a good starter and on a cheap contract..
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

This has been a busy week as far as off season trades go.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
Was he a starter before then or sheltered with starts on a good team? It's OK Mik. Trade is done, so you don't need to keep pumping him up after the fact lol! I find it hilarious a Vezina clause even made it's way into this trade. A if Darling is moved or bought out clause Vegas gets their 1st back would have made a lot more sense.
I'm barely stating the obvious, as you said no need to do any pumping, I genuinely like Darling and will keep rooting for him.

And Darling was not sheltered in Chicago (unless you only refer to not having the pressure of being #1), it's not like they played him vs weaker opponents (iirc did great when needed in playoffs btw..)
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Bet you a 1st round pick he doesn't win the Vezina.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Matthew wroteCOLONThis has been a busy week as far as off season trades go.

I was in full fuck it mode last night. What can I say. I even hit up an old flame for a deal but he was a cunt.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONBet you a 1st round pick he doesn't win the Vezina.
Seems pretty easy, lotto pick vs a pick in the mid to late 20s most likely
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONBet you a 1st round pick he doesn't win the Vezina.
Seems pretty easy, lotto pick vs a pick in the mid to late 20s most likely
Should be. Clearly he must believe he is a Vezina candidate if he insisted on that clause.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Clearly Kyuss believes the giant goalies are elite regardless of talent.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Hey da_hawks, are you really joining the light+casper crap-fest factory?
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Malette18 wroteCOLONTo Nashville:
Will Butcher
2020 1st* rounder (VGK)
2020 7th rounder (VGK)

To Vegas:
Scott Darling**
Robbie Russo
Rushan Rafikov
Jerry Turkulainen

*If after the NHL Draft lottery 2020 VGK 1st is a top 3 pick, Vegas keeps that pick and NSH receives a 2020 1st instead.
** If Darling receives a Vezina nomination in 2018/19 and/or 2019/20, NSH receives one additional 2020 1st.
Edited lottery condition.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Malette18 wroteCOLONTo Nashville:
Will Butcher
2020 1st* rounder (VGK)
2020 7th rounder (VGK)

To Vegas:
Scott Darling**
Robbie Russo
Rushan Rafikov
Jerry Turkulainen

*If after the NHL Draft lottery 2020 VGK 1st is a top 3 pick, Vegas keeps that pick and NSH receives a different 2020 1st instead.
** If Darling receives a Vezina nomination in 2018/19 and/or 2019/20, NSH receives one additional 2020 1st.
Edited version confirmed
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to