Protected Lists

hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Protected Lists

Post by hong57 »

haha.. he has a tough life.. give him some slack.. i think he's still trying to figure out and updating his rosters and stuff.. and probably wanna do it on his own instead of relying on others to update his sheet.. i know he's a good guy... if he's really being a dick.. well...
#91 - John Tavares
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

I don't know the guy. It's possible I'm completely misinterpreting this and he isn't being a dick at all. I was just speculating based on the limited amount I do know and the lack of motive I see to not update the sheet.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

He has no obligation to do it beforehand. You are being given an entire week to choose your team so it's not like you will be time crunched.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

so complete trade freeze during the whole week?? can i even trade picks for picks?
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLONI don't know the guy. It's possible I'm completely misinterpreting this and he isn't being a dick at all. I was just speculating based on the limited amount I do know and the lack of motive I see to not update the sheet.
don't worry.. you have an entire week and you are a decent GM.. i wish you the best of luck to pick the best team out of this expansion draft.. i think you have already done a very good job stock piling loads of free picks
#91 - John Tavares
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

hong57 wroteCOLONso complete trade freeze during the whole week?? can i even trade picks for picks?
Ya just agree on whatever trades you want and post it after the trade freeze is over. It's a long offseason we can manage haha.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
hong57 wroteCOLONso complete trade freeze during the whole week?? can i even trade picks for picks?
Ya just agree on whatever trades you want and post it after the trade freeze is over. It's a long offseason we can manage haha.
boring.. no post counts for me during the week
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

not like im much active at trade fronts though.. im just waiting for the entry draft hahaha.. then we will see from there
#91 - John Tavares
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720

Post by timwebb1212 »

Bruyns wroteCOLONHad a hard time predicting who he would protect too, I know he loves Clutterbuck/Martin but hard to protect them when he has Kovy, Sobotka, Scheifele, Jenner, Voracek, Drouin, so he has to leave one of those 8 guys unprotected. Tough decision on goalies too.

Also his sheet still isn't showing Kovy needs protection so if you read this Shoalzie or Kyle you should update that.
Yeah right now neither Kovalchuk on NYR or Dadonov on NJD show being in need of protection. I am under the understanding they would under our rules, though, no?
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
Bruyns wroteCOLONHad a hard time predicting who he would protect too, I know he loves Clutterbuck/Martin but hard to protect them when he has Kovy, Sobotka, Scheifele, Jenner, Voracek, Drouin, so he has to leave one of those 8 guys unprotected. Tough decision on goalies too.

Also his sheet still isn't showing Kovy needs protection so if you read this Shoalzie or Kyle you should update that.
Yeah right now neither Kovalchuk on NYR or Dadonov on NJD show being in need of protection. I am under the understanding they would under our rules, though, no?
Hmm yeah good catch. Dadanov shows up in my Roster tab but not in my eligible forwards for expansion, I assume because he doesn't have an NHL contract. If he gets an NHL contract I think he becomes eligible to be selected, in which case I'd protect him, but before that, I don't think he can be selected? Am I wrong there?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Thing is dadonov has played pro seasons in North America. So he should be eligible. Shouldn't matter whether he currently has a contract in bbkl, because you own his rights and thus it is like an NHL team in the nhl owning a players rights.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720

Post by timwebb1212 »

I'm honestly not sure what the exact rule is, but I do know that I own Dadonov in ADHL and have to protect him and I doubt it'd be different here.

List lock is tomorrow though so we probably need to address this one way or the other ASAP.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Hmm yeah I probably do have to protect him. If I can get an official confirmation I'll update my protected list
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Protected
Ryan Getzlaf
Eric Staal
Henrik Sedin
Jason Spezza
Patrick Sharp
Justin Williams
Matt Read
Alex Pietrangelo
Ryan Ellis
Dan Girardi
Connor Hellebuyuk
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Matthew wroteCOLONThing is dadonov has played pro seasons in North America. So he should be eligible. Shouldn't matter whether he currently has a contract in bbkl, because you own his rights and thus it is like an NHL team in the nhl owning a players rights.
this
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

If Dadonov does require protection, which it sounds like he does then I'll protect him. I've temporarily added him into my Expansion tab, not sure if that's the right way to go about it, and sent a message to Scott. So we'll see what happens I guess.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Btw, similarly I'm assuming that Voynov is exposed from my roster as well. Just in case Tim is interested in him in case he ever is allowed to return
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Rosters are locked now....good luck Tim!
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONRosters are locked now....good luck Tim!
Pretty sure there's still like 13 hours left
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Loki wroteCOLON
The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONRosters are locked now....good luck Tim!
Pretty sure there's still like 13 hours left
oh shit.

good luck in 13 hours, tim
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to