Protected Lists

Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Protected Lists

Post by Shoalzie »

Your protected lists are due Monday, May 15 at 7:00 p.m. (Eastern time) All selections on Google after that deadline are final. You can also post your final lists in this thread.

Your protected lists must follow either of two options:

7 forwards + 3 defensemen + 1 goalie
or
8 skaters + 1 goalie

The bottom of your expansion sheet will validate if you have a protected list that follows either option. You will also have to expose at least 2 forwards and 1 defensemen that have played in played in 40 or more NHL games in '16-17 or played in 70 or more NHL games in the last two seasons. That too is being tracked on your sheet.

I will verify that you have submitted a valid protected list after the deadline on Monday and I will lock your expansion sheet.

Tim will make is selections on Monday, May 22. There will be a trade freeze in effect from the 15th until the 22nd while the draft is in progress.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: Protected Lists

Post by Lee »

Does the trade freeze include Tim not being able to make trades with other people for selection protection?
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

7PM EST?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Lee wroteCOLONDoes the trade freeze include Tim not being able to make trades with other people for selection protection?

Much like the trade freeze during our playoffs, you can talk or plan a trade but hold off making those official until after Tim announces his roster.

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON7PM EST?

Yes.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

So any protection deals after the deadline will have to be handshake type deals then?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Seems silly tim cant trade.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

I figured I'd be able to trade, but I trust anyone in this league anyways.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONSeems silly tim cant trade.
I'm curious what the point of a week long freeze is needed for if Tim can't trade.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONSeems silly tim cant trade.
I'm curious what the point of a week long freeze is needed for if Tim can't trade.
Word.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I think teams should be able to trade pieces that are protected by their teams, pieces exempt from expansion, and picks.

And if a team is trading with Tim, anything is on the table, but u can't change your protected expansion list.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

I don't know that Scott's answer specifically answered that question. Surely Tim can still make protection deals in that week trade freeze period right? Seems pointless to have that time otherwise
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Matthew wroteCOLONI think teams should be able to trade pieces that are protected by their teams, pieces exempt from expansion, and picks.

And if a team is trading with Tim, anything is on the table, but u can't change your protected expansion list.
I guess you could do that Matt, but I doubt it happens, AND, why not make the deal and then announce it after as Scott has said. Why are we making this complicated. I think the 5 days is to give tim time to think about it and work some deals once he knows the final lists. But if Tim wants to announce early, he should be able to.

And boys... its just a week haha. Whole fucking summer ahead.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

So much for this being a list thread.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONI think teams should be able to trade pieces that are protected by their teams, pieces exempt from expansion, and picks.

I guess you could do that Matt, but I doubt it happens, AND, why not make the deal and then announce it after as Scott has said. Why are we making this complicated. I think the 5 days is to give tim time to think about it and work some deals once he knows the final lists. But if Tim wants to announce early, he should be able to.

I would like to think Tim has already been thinking about who he is going to take and should more or less know his team save for a few decisions needing to be made.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONSo much for this being a list thread.

Exactly.

The rules are in place and guys still feel the need to question them.
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON

I would like to think Tim has already been thinking about who he is going to take and should more or less know his team save for a few decisions needing to be made.
I plan on using the period pretty much exclusively to talk about possible deals, and even then I should be done before the 22nd, although maybe not if something drags on
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONSo much for this being a list thread.

Exactly.

The rules are in place and guys still feel the need to question them.
when's list due? :lol:
#91 - John Tavares
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Short of a trade... protected:

7/3/1

Patrice Bergeron
Adam Henrique
Blake Wheeler
Jamie Benn
James van Riemsdyk
Wayne Simmonds
Patrick Maroon

Kris Letang
Brent Burns
Tyson Barrie

Jonathan Quick

------------------
Exposed:

Andy Andreoff
Tomas Tatar
Iiro Pakarinen
Oscar Lindberg
Seth Griffith
Danny Kristo
Nick Holden
Jordie Benn
Eric Gryba
Alex Biega
Cody Goloubef
Ville Pokka
Jeff Zatkoff
Peter Budaj
Jack Campbell
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON

I agree, I made my team in 30 mins when I did my mock, but I think some teams he'll have 1-3 guys he'll be mulling over and will likely spend some time on trying to get a couple extra picks/prospects if he can.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Columbus Blue Jackets

Protected (7-3-1)

Anze Kopitar
Markus Granlund
Riley Nash
Alex Steen