Google Sheets

Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Google Sheets

Post by Shoalzie »

I will not post the link to Tim's sheet so he can work on the draft privately but this is a similar sheet that he is working with. You can view it so you can do your own mock draft if you'd like or you can see who everyone is exposing. Not everyone has posted their protected list on Google yet and you still have until Monday, May 15.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Google Sheets

Post by CAM »

Is this live scott? Like if i make a change on my own google doc before submission it automatically updates?
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Also, what order does the draft use? Alphabetical i would assume not...
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Can we put a timer on tims draft and we can watch him select his guys LIVE on a publically accessible spreadsheet we can all view but CANT edit except for u and tim? Since we have roster freeze why not

And 5 days of no roster trading may make some of us go insane
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

As a review, everyone has a sheet within their team sheets called "Expansion". Do not change the name of that sheet because that sheet as constructed is being referenced by Tim's draft sheet.

Your "Roster" sheet must have the correct names of your current roster. In rows 3 through 92 is where you should have your current players. You can put former players in rows 94-143 and those players will not appear on your "Expansion" sheet.

All draft eligible players will appear in columns H, N and T. Type a "P" in the blue box next to the player you'd like to protect.

Down in row 42, you can check to see if your protected list is compliant to the 7 F + 3 D + 1 G or 8 skaters + 1 G options. If you're compliant with either option, the box next to the heading will be blank. If not, it will be red with a "!".

In row 47, the 40/70 rule is being check out there. You must expose a minimum of 2 forwards and 1 defenseman that played in either 40 games in '16-17 or has played at least 70 games in the last two seasons.

Your exposed lists will appear on Tim's sheet for him to choose from.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

CAM wroteCOLONIs this live scott? Like if i make a change on my own google doc before submission it automatically updates?

Yes and yes. This example and Tim's sheet will show your list as it appears on your sheet right now.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

CAM wroteCOLONAlso, what order does the draft use? Alphabetical i would assume not...

There's no order...just team-by-team. On Tim's sheet, he would put a "V" next the player he wants and it'll appear on the "Expansion Draft" sheet. That sheet will list all the players he would pick and it keeps count of his players by position.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kimmer wroteCOLONCan we put a timer on tims draft and we can watch him select his guys LIVE on a publically accessible spreadsheet we can all view but CANT edit except for u and tim? Since we have roster freeze why not

And 5 days of no roster trading may make some of us go insane

Tim posts his picks on the 22nd. I'll leave his sheet private unless he wants to make it public.

And yes, we will have a trade freeze during the draft but you can certainly negotiate deals. Just can't be official until after the draft.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

On the 22nd we should have a slow reveal. Would be fun. One player every 10 minutes or something.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

Matthew wroteCOLONOn the 22nd we should have a slow reveal. Would be fun. One player every 10 minutes or something.
I'd be game for that. Maybe go by position rather than team also so there's suspense seeing what position you lost
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

gonna be a donk show
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

CAM wroteCOLONIs this live scott? Like if i make a change on my own google doc before submission it automatically updates?
yes, it is. (just checked)

nice work Scott!
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Reminder to update your sheets too, I still have Hunt on mine who I traded to Cam months ago and Vlasic who I just recently traded.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Matthew wroteCOLONOn the 22nd we should have a slow reveal. Would be fun. One player every 10 minutes or something.
great idea!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Bruyns wroteCOLONReminder to update your sheets too, I still have Hunt on mine who I traded to Cam months ago and Vlasic who I just recently traded.

Yup, I noticed you had Vlasic. Everyone please keep your rosters up-to-date. All you need is the player's name on "Roster"...the rest of the data is automated.

This will be the last time you guys have to do anything with these roster sheets. I'm hoping to get you guys set up with new team sheets around when free agency starts. You guys can keep using these sheets for now. I'm going to re-organize my database and finish the prototype for the new sheets. I'm hoping to make these even easier to use and faster to load and update.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
I'd be game for that. Maybe go by position rather than team also so there's suspense seeing what position you lost

Sure be creative and have fun with it...just start a new thread in this forum and post your picks however you want.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Thanks Scott. You seriously spoil us...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Tony wroteCOLONThanks Scott. You seriously spoil us...
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Tony wroteCOLONThanks Scott. You seriously spoil us...
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

I wanna call Justin Trudeau and request to give Scott honourary canadian citizenship
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to