Google Sheets

Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Google Sheets

Post by Arian The Insider »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON
timwebb1212 wroteCOLONAlso not sure where to put this but are we dead set on the 3 goalie max?

Yes, that is the rule.
I'm curious who proposed a 3 goalie limit.
IIRC everyone wanted some kind of limit in CC
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONI just did a mock (guessed on those who haven't submitted their lists yet). Your team is gonna be Defense heavy... some really good pieces available which is what I would do. Take best players available and remake your team over the summer to max value. And my mock has you only taking 2 goalies... but you could arguably take a 3rd from one of two teams.
So are we not following NHL rules to where he must select a minimum of 14 fwds, 9 d, and 3 g? Guess not if we are limiting the number of goalies he can take.
I just followed what the first page of the sheet said... min 14 fwd (max 19), 8 def (max 14), 3 goal max.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

Loki wroteCOLONAlso keen to see the results of any mocks :)
PM me your emails and I'll forward it to you.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON
timwebb1212 wroteCOLONAlso not sure where to put this but are we dead set on the 3 goalie max?

Yes, that is the rule.
Seems you could've just followed the NHL format. Let's say even if he were to take the max of 7 goalies in that format, all it has done is create a market where a trade is mutually beneficial between Tim and a team needing a goalie.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON

Yes, that is the rule.
Seems you could've just followed the NHL format. Let's say even if he were to take the max of 7 goalies in that format, all it has done is create a market where a trade is mutually beneficial between Tim and a team needing a goalie.
Let's say he takes 5. He can hoard all 5 and ask for a ransom for them. I don't think he'll need more than 5 goalies, personally.
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONLet's say he takes 5. He can hoard all 5 and ask for a ransom for them. I don't think he'll need more than 5 goalies, personally.
Even raising it to 5 would do wonders for my flexibility
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Given what goaltending costs in the trade market, we figured allowing the new team to hoard goaltending wouldn't be wise. It's really up to Tim on how he wants to approach drafting these players. There's nothing stopping him from picking 3 potential starters but we have a limit on starts and he can pick three young goalies and hope one or more can become a starter.

We've eliminated the idea that Tim would have to be under or above the salary limits...so he's got all the flexibility in the world with whom he wants to pick. Putting a cap on goalies is a mild inconvenience. He's still going to have an opportunity to draft a team that can be competitive from Day 1. We as the existing teams are at inherit disadvantage in that we're all guaranteed to lose a player off our rosters without any sort of compensation.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

I dunno man. The team I put together is pretty good I think - should be quite competitive, especially after a summer of additional trades. Again, with 2 goalies at that.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
Arian The Insider wroteCOLONLet's say he takes 5. He can hoard all 5 and ask for a ransom for them. I don't think he'll need more than 5 goalies, personally.
Even raising it to 5 would do wonders for my flexibility

Nobody in this league carries 5 NHL or near-NHL level goalies...why should a new team get that advantage?
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

In BBKL defense and goalies carry more value since you cant just call up the next goalie like in the NHL and we can dress 7D. I was fine with 4 goalies, but 7 would just cause headaches since we already know trading for goalies is already the most annoying thing to do when you are at the mercy of a team who knows they have all the leverage. I actually wanted lower than 14 max D too since some teams already only had 6 and taking advantage of market supply should see Tim take the max D allowed and leave other teams with holes in their lineups.

Sure we could have just followed the NHL numbers, but I think we can all agree there are differences in player value in this league in comparison to the NHL. CC wants Tim to be able to have a decent set of assets to begin with, but he isn't going to be a powerhouse and an expansion team shouldn't be. I feel confident in saying his team will still have more value then a handful of others and he will be starting with more then a lot of GMs here did when they joined.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONGiven what goaltending costs in the trade market, we figured allowing the new team to hoard goaltending wouldn't be wise. It's really up to Tim on how he wants to approach drafting these players. There's nothing stopping him from picking 3 potential starters but we have a limit on starts and he can pick three young goalies and hope one or more can become a starter.

We've eliminated the idea that Tim would have to be under or above the salary limits...so he's got all the flexibility in the world with whom he wants to pick. Putting a cap on goalies a mild inconvenience. He's still going to have an opportunity to draft a team that can be competitive from Day 1. We as the existing teams are at inherit disadvantage in that we're all guaranteed to lose a player off our rosters without any sort of compensation.

It's the offseason so wouldn't that be eliminated regardless?
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONGiven what goaltending costs in the trade market, we figured allowing the new team to hoard goaltending wouldn't be wise. It's really up to Tim on how he wants to approach drafting these players. There's nothing stopping him from picking 3 potential starters but we have a limit on starts and he can pick three young goalies and hope one or more can become a starter.

We've eliminated the idea that Tim would have to be under or above the salary limits...so he's got all the flexibility in the world with whom he wants to pick. Putting a cap on goalies a mild inconvenience. He's still going to have an opportunity to draft a team that can be competitive from Day 1. We as the existing teams are at inherit disadvantage in that we're all guaranteed to lose a player off our rosters without any sort of compensation.

It's a rule for the NHL's expansion draft actually
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

I can't imagine there will be many waiver exempt goalies that will be in the nhl that get exposed, so it would be very difficult to hoard goalies. Either way I was just curious if there was any logic behind the limit other than the usual fear/paranoia of goalie hoarding.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON

I think the NHL has it where the Golden Knights can't go over a certain threshold cap.

Tim doesn't have to be roster compliant with our rules until September.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

lol fuck casper... everything has a negative connotation with you man.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONI dunno man. The team I put together is pretty good I think - should be quite competitive, especially after a summer of additional trades. Again, with 2 goalies at that.
I saw this team and imo tim could easily be a playoff team in the west this year. Especially if he decides to use his extra skaters to upgrade the roster rather than get picks.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Bruyns wroteCOLONIn BBKL defense and goalies carry more value since you cant just call up the next goalie like in the NHL and we can dress 7D. I was fine with 4 goalies, but 7 would just cause headaches since we already know trading for goalies is already the most annoying thing to do when you are at the mercy of a team who knows they have all the leverage. I actually wanted lower than 14 max D too since some teams already only had 6 and taking advantage of market supply should see Tim take the max D allowed and leave other teams with holes in their lineups.

Sure we could have just followed the NHL numbers, but I think we can all agree there are differences in player value in this league in comparison to the NHL. CC wants Tim to be able to have a decent set of assets to begin with, but he isn't going to be a powerhouse and an expansion team shouldn't be. I feel confident in saying his team will still have more value then a handful of others and he will be starting with more then a lot of GMs here did when they joined.
Now my curiosity is peaked. How low did you want the defender number?
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONlol fuck casper... everything has a negative connotation with you man.
I just keep it real man haha.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

yea his team could easily be a playoff team
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

CasperX22 wroteCOLONI can't imagine there will be many waiver exempt goalies that will be in the nhl that get exposed, so it would be very difficult to hoard goalies. Either way I was just curious if there was any logic behind the limit other than the usual fear/paranoia of goalie hoarding.
There are 3 bench spots and 2 goalie spots on a roster, so up to 5 can be held with no difficulty..
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to