Post by timwebb1212 »

kimmer wroteCOLONAntonio Beaullivier
Who?
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: expansion draft

Post by CAM »

Where can i find the eligibility rules bbkl applied for players?
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLONare our rules for this somewhat finalized? do contracts matter for our exposure requirements or just games played in the previous season or 2?

We're honoring the 40/70 exposure rule and we're using the exempt list from CapFriendly. The only things we're not acknowledging is NMC or long term injuries.

Any player that isn't under contract this season (rookie or veteran) is exempt from the draft.

In short, the only players eligible for the draft are any players under contract (for this season) that don't fall under the 1st/2nd year pro rule. (See CapFriendly for the exempt list).

pretty much this I believe.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLONare our rules for this somewhat finalized? do contracts matter for our exposure requirements or just games played in the previous season or 2?

We're honoring the 40/70 exposure rule and we're using the exempt list from CapFriendly. The only things we're not acknowledging is NMC or long term injuries.

Any player that isn't under contract this season (rookie or veteran) is exempt from the draft.

In short, the only players eligible for the draft are any players under contract (for this season) that don't fall under the 1st/2nd year pro rule. (See CapFriendly for the exempt list).

pretty much this I believe.
ehm, from the announcement:

"BBKL will be following the NHL rules for who is eligible and exempt with the exception of UFAs needing protection in our league"
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Can you click it for me Dave?
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONCan you click it for me Dave?

done
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONCan you click it for me Dave?
+1
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Thank you for the links and info.

So Can i assume from this statement:

First & Second Year Pros
All players who have accrued two or less professional seasons at the end of the 2016-17 season, as well as all unsigned draft choices appearing on the teams reserve list, will be exempt from the upcoming expansion draft.

That, if i have a player who entered the league in 15-16 season and at the end of 16-17 season will have played approx 100 games, that i do not need to expose this player?
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Go to cap friendly. look at their status. If you dispute their status, post here.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Lee wroteCOLONGo to cap friendly. look at their status. If you dispute their status, post here.
Can we dispute a players status?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

CAM wroteCOLONThank you for the links and info.

First & Second Year Pros
All players who have accrued two or less professional seasons at the end of the 2016-17 season, as well as all unsigned draft choices appearing on the teams reserve list, will be exempt from the upcoming expansion draft.

That, if i have a player who entered the league in 15-16 season and at the end of 16-17 season will have played approx 100 games, that i do not need to expose this player?
The player you are talking about has played 4 professional seasons (AHL + NHL) and thus has to be protected.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

I don't see why not? If something we've posted contradicts cap friendly, tell us why. Scott has also added a page on your roster spreadsheet to tell you who is eligible and who is not. If there is a dispute, post here, tell us why.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Matthew wroteCOLON

First & Second Year Pros

The player you are talking about has played 4 professional seasons (AHL + NHL) and thus has to be protected.
OK. AHL counts. got it. I hate expansion. Might as well just toss my picks in garbage.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

kimmer wroteCOLONForwards:
Matt Stajan
Andreas Athanasiou
Jason Chimera
Marcus Foligno
Carl Hagelin
Melker Karlsson
Tyler Pitlick

Defense:
Joel Edmundson
Mark Streit
Simon Despres

Goalie:
Kari Lehtonen

Notable Exemptions:
Ben Hutton
Antonio Beaullivier
Morgan Klimchuk
Filip Ahl
Kieffer Bellows
Travis Dermott
What a sad protection list.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

CAM wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON

First & Second Year Pros

OK. AHL counts. got it. I hate expansion. Might as well just toss my picks in garbage.
Everyone is going to lose someone. It's not like you are the only one that is going to lose a valuable piece.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
CAM wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON

First & Second Year Pros

Everyone is going to lose someone. It's not like you are the only one that is going to lose a valuable piece.
Just gonna hit teams with few prospects or teams struggling to meet gp harder than others. I'm okay with losing a player though. I think this process is kinda fun.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

In theory teams struggling to make gp should have some prospects close to making the jump in a year where more prospects should make the jump than normal. The teams that are going to be hurt the most are teams with old rosters and not much in the pipeline.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONIn theory teams struggling to make gp should have some prospects close to making the jump in a year where more prospects should make the jump than normal. The teams that are going to be hurt the most are teams with old rosters and not much in the pipeline.
This sounds like Tony, Billy, and Cam.

Everyone else should be fine.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Lee wroteCOLONGo to cap friendly. look at their status. If you dispute their status, post here.
Thanks Lee and I don't expect many disputes since cap friendly should be accurate, but who knows what could come up.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to