LocationCOLON Ontario

Re: expansion draft

Post by dave1959 »

Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I think stolarz would be an elite pickup for tim.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

kimmer wroteCOLONYa i deleted
Cuz casper told me what u wanted from him
Forget it moving on
Casper asked for more than Stolarz
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

K then answer PM
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

Matthew wroteCOLONI think stolarz would be an elite pickup for tim.
There's at least 10 teams with better goalies out there to take than a potential backup. And Tim is limited to 3. He'd be shooting himself in the foot by taking Stolarz.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

foofnik wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONI think stolarz would be an elite pickup for tim.
There's at least 10 teams with better goalies out there to take than a potential backup. And Tim is limited to 3. He'd be shooting himself in the foot by taking Stolarz.
It also depends on what teams have. Like Mik for instance, but why would Tim waste his time with his goalies when he is likely to get a really good player from Mik?
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

Well yeah, some of them it obviously makes more sense to take a skater instead. But there's still a ton more teams with goalies I would take ahead of Stolarz. If that's what Tim wants to do, go for it, I have Mrazek regardless. But I think he wastes value if he does.

If he had no limit on goalies it would be a different story. But with a limit of 3, Stolarz is a waste of a roster spot for him.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

foofnik wroteCOLONWell yeah, some of them it obviously makes more sense to take a skater instead. But there's still a ton more teams with goalies I would take ahead of Stolarz. If that's what Tim wants to do, go for it, I have Mrazek regardless. But I think he wastes value if he does.

If he had no limit on goalies it would be a different story. But with a limit of 3, Stolarz is a waste of a roster spot for him.
Or he could just take him as his goalie of the future. The options out there for him are mostly older stop gap starters at best, so there is at least some logic behind taking 2 veteran NHL goalies and taking a stash with his 3rd goalie. Also depends what else you are exposing which I admittedly haven't even looked into seeing what you are exposing.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

If you want goalie of the future you're grabbing a Pickard, Raanta, Korpisalo/Forsberg.

If it's who Tim wants then so be it, but I think he leaves value on the table by doing it. A late 1st next year to lose Stolarz and another piece doesn't do much for me when instead I only lose 1 piece by holding tight.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

foofnik wroteCOLONIf you want goalie of the future you're grabbing a Pickard, Raanta, Korpisalo/Forsberg.

If it's who Tim wants then so be it, but I think he leaves value on the table by doing it. A late 1st next year to lose Stolarz and another piece doesn't do much for me when instead I only lose 1 piece by holding tight.

pretty much . A late first ain't much vs a goalie
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

thom54 wroteCOLON
foofnik wroteCOLONIf you want goalie of the future you're grabbing a Pickard, Raanta, Korpisalo/Forsberg.

I guess not when people stupidly pay 1sts for backup goalies.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
thom54 wroteCOLON

I guess not when people stupidly pay 1sts for backup goalies.
agreed, standard used to be a 2nd round ish value i think for a guy like Carter Hutton (career backup,stable, etc)
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Stolarz is waiver exempt for at minimum 2 more seasons. When you are taking 30 NHLers I suspect that would be extremely helpful.

Plus, as others have said, your team doesn't have great skater options available in comparison to other teams that have goalies.

Also, that guys like korpisalo/forsberg are behind Bobrovsky, while stolarz could be sharing the net with neuvirth as soon as this year.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to