expansion draft

BUTTON_POST_REPLY
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Re: expansion draft

Post by foofnik »

Contracts do not matter in here I think, if you own a player they are always yours. As long as they meet 40/70 requirement you should be good. At least that's my understanding.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLONare our rules for this somewhat finalized? do contracts matter for our exposure requirements or just games played in the previous season or 2?

We're honoring the 40/70 exposure rule and we're using the exempt list from CapFriendly. The only things we're not acknowledging is NMC or long term injuries.

Any player that isn't under contract this season (rookie or veteran) is exempt from the draft.

In short, the only players eligible for the draft are any players under contract (for this season) that don't fall under the 1st/2nd year pro rule. (See CapFriendly for the exempt list).
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLONare our rules for this somewhat finalized? do contracts matter for our exposure requirements or just games played in the previous season or 2?

We're honoring the 40/70 exposure rule and we're using the exempt list from CapFriendly. The only things we're not acknowledging is NMC or long term injuries.

Any player that isn't under contract this season (rookie or veteran) is exempt from the draft.

In short, the only players eligible for the draft are any players under contract (for this season) that don't fall under the 1st/2nd year pro rule. (See CapFriendly for the exempt list).
It was posted some time ago that a UFA would count as long as it's believed that will get another contract so basically eliminating old guys.

This has changed?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

He means a contract last season. So the player can be ufa or rfa right now.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Thank you
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

are there any players that need to be protected while still being waiver exempts or do the two things exclude each other because of their requirements?
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

I really don't know how Scott could have made it any easier for us.

He created an Expansion Tab on our spreadsheet that CLEARLY show EVERY player that is exposed to the Draft.

All we have to do is put a P beside the ones we want protected.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

is that supposed to be a comment to my question? because I don't see how the two things are related
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Everyone that needs to be protected is on that list mik. Some players remain waiver exempt but require expansion protection.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

kyuss wroteCOLONare there any players that need to be protected while still being waiver exempts or do the two things exclude each other because of their requirements?
Yeah, definitely, given our Bbkl waiver exempt requirements have nothing to do with how long a player spends in the AHL. AHL players that have never played an NHL game can be expansion eligible but still have years of waiver exemption in bbkl. For example, just one player on my team would be Justin Auger.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

kyuss wroteCOLONare there any players that need to be protected while still being waiver exempts or do the two things exclude each other because of their requirements?
Have nothing to do with each other. Expansion eligible is based on accumulated seasons per NHL guidelines, waiver exempt is NHL GP and age.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

foofnik wroteCOLON
Have nothing to do with each other. Expansion eligible is based on accumulated seasons per NHL guidelines, waiver exempt is NHL GP and age.

In bbkl. In the NHL things can get complicated.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Is this kyuss fuckin serious?... 3 days before expansion lock and asking this type of novice as fuck type question?... jesus im like the worst GM here and even i clearly know the difference. Where the fuck have u been lol in fact where the fuck are some of these guys like monk and shit they rly gonna prepare to have their entire roster exposed due to not meeting the requirement lol. Holy shit
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

I don't know if Monk has done his sheet but Nick's is done.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Wtf lol
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Are stolarz and mrazek both expansion eligible?
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

Matthew wroteCOLONAre stolarz and mrazek both expansion eligible?
Yes
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

PM me what u wud want for either
I will pay fairly
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

kimmer wroteCOLONIs this kyuss fuckin serious?... 3 days before expansion lock and asking this type of novice as fuck type question?...
:lol:

sorry bro, have not been sleeping enough these days and I thought it would be quicker to ask then getting my brain thinking about it while working
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

kimmer wroteCOLONPM me what u wud want for either
I will pay fairly
Based on your deleted PM, I don't agree with that statement
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to