expansion draft

BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

expansion draft

Post by Lee »

will rosters be frozen from the trade deadine until the expansion draft is complete?
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Re: expansion draft

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

... not a fan of that. But will definitely need a freeze to happen a few weeks before the expansion draft to allow tim time to peruse.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

I'd assume we'll have some sort of trading period before giving Tim his time to assess options and make his picks. We'll discuss this in the cc forum. Thanks for making us aware of this.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

We have some final details to hammer out but I do have a sheet for expansion created. If you want a preview, look at my sheets. It's simply labeled "Expansion".
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

so does that means after the bbkl finals we can trade between that time and the expansion draft?
#91 - John Tavares
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

I always guessed so personally (albeit with a limit placed somehwere earlier than the expansion draft obviously)
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'd imagine there will be a fairly large window before we have another freeze where we have to finalize our protected lists.

Our entry draft started on June 1. The NHL regular season/our season will end on April 9. If we do the expansion draft in May, we're looking at a few weeks to make any final moves.

The NHL won't do their expansion draft until June...pretty much right before the entry draft.

They're conducting the expansion draft over a couple days and then there's a day where the picks are announced. I'd imagine we can give Tim a couple days to pick his team and give him a day where he has to post his selections.

Let's say we have a roster freeze and we post our protected lists on a Friday. Tim would get the weekend to make his picks and then on that Monday he announces who he selected?
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I think that sounds good
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

so.. our expansion drafts will go before the real one? I'm just thinking.. would it be better for Tim to have his picks after the real expansion draft ?
#91 - John Tavares
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

hong57 wroteCOLONso.. our expansion drafts will go before the real one? I'm just thinking.. would it be better for Tim to have his picks after the real expansion draft ?
I'd be fine with it either way. Guess it'd probably be easier after the real one so that I know where everyone ends up, but I'd like it being earlier so I have more time to deal after it.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
hong57 wroteCOLONso.. our expansion drafts will go before the real one? I'm just thinking.. would it be better for Tim to have his picks after the real expansion draft ?
I'd be fine with it either way. Guess it'd probably be easier after the real one so that I know where everyone ends up, but I'd like it being earlier so I have more time to deal after it.
im most concerned for you is the goalie part... with so little to nil asset to start with.. acquiring a backup goalie would be hard for you.. so i think it's better for it to start for you after the real one.. but it's not up for me to decide
#91 - John Tavares
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720

Post by timwebb1212 »

hong57 wroteCOLON
timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
im most concerned for you is the goalie part... with so little to nil asset to start with.. acquiring a backup goalie would be hard for you.. so i think it's better for it to start for you after the real one.. but it's not up for me to decide
Solid point, although I'm not sure how much the goalie landscape will really change after the XD. I can likely guess which goalies have a shot at being taken by LV anyways, and 27 teams won't be affected.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

So is Tim gonna b picking players for his team before the real LV team does?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLONSo is Tim gonna b picking players for his team before the real LV team does?

It's likely that's what we'll do. We still want to get our entry draft done before the NHL and the expansion draft is just a couple days before that. We'll have likely have both our expansion and the entry draft done before the NHL does theirs.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

hong57 wroteCOLON
timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
Pretty sure Tim is gonna end up with 3 really good goalies.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

A few of us will have to sacrifice a goalie. We can only protect one veteran goalie.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

LordQuack wroteCOLON
hong57 wroteCOLON
timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
Pretty sure Tim is gonna end up with 3 really good goalies.
Yup
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

As of now I may not even protect Lundqvist.

He will have some good options
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720

Post by timwebb1212 »

Right now I'm feeling like I could be a playoff team
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLONRight now I'm feeling like I could be a playoff team
Definitely a possibility considering the division and conference you are in.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to