BUTTON_POST_REPLY
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Re: expansion draft

Post by thom54 »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONIn theory teams struggling to make gp should have some prospects close to making the jump in a year where more prospects should make the jump than normal. The teams that are going to be hurt the most are teams with old rosters and not much in the pipeline.
This sounds like Tony, Billy, and Cam.

Everyone else should be fine.
The player I lose will be better than anyone on Paul's team.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONIn theory teams struggling to make gp should have some prospects close to making the jump in a year where more prospects should make the jump than normal. The teams that are going to be hurt the most are teams with old rosters and not much in the pipeline.

Click banner to view current roster and picks
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Tony actually has some surprisingly good prospects: he just graduated mantha, has rykov, and an arguably top 3 prospect in kaprizov. If he continues to collect he may not need to rebuild for long once the time comes.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
CAM wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
CAM wroteCOLONThank you for the links and info.

So Can i assume from this statement:

First & Second Year Pros
All players who have accrued two or less professional seasons at the end of the 2016-17 season, as well as all unsigned draft choices appearing on the teams reserve list, will be exempt from the upcoming expansion draft.

That, if i have a player who entered the league in 15-16 season and at the end of 16-17 season will have played approx 100 games, that i do not need to expose this player?
The player you are talking about has played 4 professional seasons (AHL + NHL) and thus has to be protected.
OK. AHL counts. got it. I hate expansion. Might as well just toss my picks in garbage.

Everyone is going to lose someone. It's not like you are the only one that is going to lose a valuable piece.
I get that, but i can still state my personal opinion that it sucks for my team. I didnt mean to insinuate the process overall sucks. (bad wording) I know it has to happen and can be exciting, especially for the team making the picks. Based on the players that will be available, the expansion team will be in the top half overall in this league. I do not have the depth to cover a lost player. It feels almost like a tax on the upper echelon teams. Ah well, tough decisions ahead. Do you keep the 31 yr old making 7 mil with top of the line stats across the board or the 24 yr old up and comer with potential...possibly? Very tough decisions.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

I'm going to lose a 26 year old dman who just put up 51 points or a 26 year old winger who just scored 30 goals. Boo hoo.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

Lee wroteCOLONI'm going to lose a 26 year old dman who just put up 51 points or a 26 year old winger who just scored 30 goals. Boo hoo.
Right there with ya pal. Im not boohooing. I am just angry old man ranting. I do that on a daily basis. Its kinda my thing. I'll get over it pretty fast.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

You could also trade those high end players to a team with space and get lesser player + depth or prospects.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Lee wroteCOLONI'm going to lose a 26 year old dman who just put up 51 points or a 26 year old winger who just scored 30 goals. Boo hoo.
Or you could just trade them and get something for them instead of losing them for nothing.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

That's why I've been trying to do. But then you get people telling you that you make bad offers and refuse to make offers so meh.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Lee wroteCOLONThat's why I've been trying to do. But then you get people telling you that you make bad offers and refuse to make offers so meh.
You offered him and a injury prone defender for 2 studly expansion exempt 20 year old NHL defenders. And offered him for a 19 year dman playing 25 mins a night in the playoffs+another one of the best scoring prospects in hockey. Make reasonable offers and I'm sure he will get sold.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Guys trying to move their high end players they can't keep for futures prob won't get full price for them, cuz u gotta think the team receiving that player will need to bump a player onto the unprotected list. But you could still get decent futures.

Trades aren't always easy, but I'm sure you will find something decent. Keep it up.
Last edited by 2 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Why doesn't everyone by logic, wait til last day before expansion list submission day and start the reverse bidding process at 7th round pick to however "high" that player goes for.

That way the seller cant complain and can take the deal or leave it. Take the deal meaning u assume u will lose the player outright thru expansion and u will take whatever u can get

Leaving the deal meaning u wud rather take nothing and risk losing the player outright or wish on luck that tim doesnt select ur guy
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONThat's why I've been trying to do. But then you get people telling you that you make bad offers and refuse to make offers so meh.
You offered him and a injury prone defender for 2 studly expansion exempt 20 year old NHL defenders. And offered him for a 19 year dman playing 25 mins a night in the playoffs+another one of the best scoring prospects in hockey. Make reasonable offers and I'm sure he will get sold.

You may want to educate yourself as to why Myers missed so much time:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/03/14/j ... erspective
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Lee wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

Man, that is a rough situation. Far harder than having a personal injury.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Lee wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

I'm sorry which part of my statement is untrue? Are you seriously trying to tell me Myers has been a pillar of good health in his career? Thats without even taking into account age, statistical output, contract, and expansion.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

So. Math time.

This was the first time since 2013 that he has missed significant time.

2015 - 16 : 73 gp
14 - 15: 71
13 -14: 62
12 - 13 : 39 (lockout)
11 - 12: 55 GO
Previous 2 seasons - 80 and 82 games.

His age? He just turned 27 2 months ago.

His offensive production? He has been above 20 points every year except 2

He averages 2.31 shtoi over his career, more pp/toi . Well over block / hit per game.

So keep pulling shit out of your ass. You sound retarded and you are wrong. I can admit when I am.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

55,62,11. So in what 8 seasons he has missed a quarter or not of the season 3 times? Let's ignore those seasons. Or let's ignore that he hasn't scored 30 points since his 2nd season in the league and produces mostly average stats. Or that you asked for 2 20 year old expansion exempt top pair defenders that produced at/near #1 dman stats. Yep I'm wrong. Clearly you made a great offer.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

alright so going back to ignoring you. I've already admitted it was a bad offer because I didn't look at the stats and I was wrong. not sure what else you want.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Lol! Truth hurts.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

kimmer wroteCOLONWhy doesn't everyone by logic, wait til last day before expansion list submission day and start the reverse bidding process at 7th round pick to however "high" that player goes for.

That way the seller cant complain and can take the deal or leave it. Take the deal meaning u assume u will lose the player outright thru expansion and u will take whatever u can get

Leaving the deal meaning u wud rather take nothing and risk losing the player outright or wish on luck that tim doesnt select ur guy
I like Pauls idea. Gives a little bit of power to the sellers in another wise lose lose situation.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to