BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: expansion draft

Post by Shoalzie »

Taking over that expansion team doesn't seem as daunting compared to rebuilding an existing team. Great opportunity for Tim to jump in and be a top team in the West in short order.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLONRight now I'm feeling like I could be a playoff team
I'd rather u be a playoff team out of the gate than be a bottom 5 Team that needs 5 years to rebuild.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

LordQuack wroteCOLON
timwebb1212 wroteCOLONRight now I'm feeling like I could be a playoff team
I'd rather u be a playoff team out of the gate than be a bottom 5 Team that needs 5 years to rebuild.
Yeah right now the direction I'm leaning towards is going for a competitive roster but also keeping my picks and maybe using my additional NHLers to either add more picks (since I'll have no prospect pool to start) or to upgrade since I'll be lacking stars.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

I think you may get a few players very close to stars given we have 5-6 loaded teams in this league.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

picking a veteran goalie and picking a real starter is 2 different things.. depending on his situation he may end up with no starter to start the season and it will be awful for him to overpay one... i am not predicting the chances of this happening but u nv know until what the real LV picks... at least that's what i think
#91 - John Tavares
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

hong57 wroteCOLONpicking a veteran goalie and picking a real starter is 2 different things.. depending on his situation he may end up with no starter to start the season and it will be awful for him to overpay one... i am not predicting the chances of this happening but u nv know until what the real LV picks... at least that's what i think
He can end up with 3 backups though
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

And given he will have 30 NHLers I assume he can upgrade one of those backups to a starter. But I suspect given there are BBKL teams currently with 2 starters that he has a pretty good chance at getting a starter.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

LordQuack wroteCOLONAnd given he will have 30 NHLers I assume he can upgrade one of those backups to a starter. But I suspect given there are BBKL teams currently with 2 starters that he has a pretty good chance at getting a starter.
Yup. If every team managed to have 1 of the 30 starters then he could just take the 3 backups most likely to become a starter soon due to the real life expansion draft.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

i'm sure the market for trades with goalies will alter pre-expansion draft.
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

are our rules for this somewhat finalized? do contracts matter for our exposure requirements or just games played in the previous season or 2?
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Just games played since we don't have UFAs. Common sense does prevail though since retired players won't count even if they have the required GP from past seasons.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

koomzzz wroteCOLONare our rules for this somewhat finalized? do contracts matter for our exposure requirements or just games played in the previous season or 2?

We're honoring the 40/70 exposure rule and we're using the exempt list from CapFriendly. The only things we're not acknowledging is NMC or long term injuries.

Any player that isn't under contract this season (rookie or veteran) is exempt from the draft.

In short, the only players eligible for the draft are any players under contract (for this season) that don't fall under the 1st/2nd year pro rule. (See CapFriendly for the exempt list).
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

So for exposure requirements, upcoming UFAs don't count?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

You must protect upcoming ufa's if they would need to be protected were they signed.

I believe shoalzie is referring to guys like David booth or Marc arcobello because they are playing in Europe. But no one would take them anyway.

And for exposure requirements you can expose upcoming ufa's for your guy as long as it's obvious he will be getting a contract. If there is a chance he is going to retire, then no, that won't fulfill your requirement.

For example, I don't believe Steve Ott will be able to be one of my exposed forwards.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Any player who will be a UFA this summer that was under contract this season, they are eligible for the expansion draft. We don't have a free agency element to our league so we don't acknowledge this summer's free agency status. If they had a contract this season, they have to be protected/exposed.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I've given everyone an "Expansion" sheet. I have to verify some data but you guys can use those sheets. All you do is put a "P" in the blue box next to the player you want to protect.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI've given everyone an "Expansion" sheet. I have to verify some data but you guys can use those sheets. All you do is put a "P" in the blue box next to the player you want to protect.
Beautiful man
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Are 40GP stats for 40/70 not updated for this season until it's over?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll finalize that info after Sunday's games.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

Thanks
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to