2018 Waiver Draft Discussion

BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: 2018 Waiver Draft Discussion

Post by Chuck Norris »

dave1959 wroteCOLONPer the rules...GMs have until Roster submission to update fantrax.
The rules need to be clarified and re-written in the CBA then because I don't read them as such. I'll repick.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

They are in the cba

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14161

WAIVER DRAFT (to begin 2nd last Monday of September each year)

for 2018 - Monday, September 17th

Eligibility
Automatically eligible for the 2018 Waiver draft are ALL bbkl-free players who were:
- born before January 1st 1999, if they played a season in N.A. when 18,19 or 20yrs old
- born before January 1st 1998, if they never played in N.A. when 18,19 or 20yrs old

Additionally, bbkl-free players already signed to a NHL contract are eligible as well, even if born later than that.

Notes
- Be sure to have all your players listed on your roster submission due at the beginning of season (First Roster Lock)(both on Fantrax and your googledoc).
Those missing and not eligible anymore for future BBKL Entry Drafts will be considered FA and eligible for the Waiver draft as a result.
- After the Waiver draft, the unowned NHL-signed players will become available as free agents; however, after rosters submission, those still eligible for the 2018 Entry draft will join the pool of players reserved for it.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

You didn't listen to my statement. I said how Im interpreting the wording of the rule is not what is being said to me now. I'm asking the CC clarify the wording for future years so this doesn't happen again because it's not very well written. The term roster submission is used but makes no mention of entry picks being protected until after that time.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

It can be written better, but players unclaimed on Fantrax were never available before roster submission. This year has actually been pretty good, I remember a lot more guys unclaimed on Fantrax in past years. If a player is left off roster submission and sitting available on Fantrax then for sure he is up for grabs. We have never had a rule that they need to be claimed before the waiver draft though.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Not sure how it can be any clearer
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

dave1959 wroteCOLONNot sure how it can be any clearer
I'm not CC anymore but do you want me to do your job for you? It's vague as shit. Happy to do it if you really give no fucks...
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

Bruyns wroteCOLONIt can be written better, but players unclaimed on Fantrax were never available before roster submission. This year has actually been pretty good, I remember a lot more guys unclaimed on Fantrax in past years. If a player is left off roster submission and sitting available on Fantrax then for sure he is up for grabs. We have never had a rule that they need to be claimed before the waiver draft though.
I feel like we run into a similar scenario to this every other year in the waiver draft. The guy is contracted and available on fantrax, which usually means he's available. Obviously this is an exception but the wording that explains this scenario is vague and open to interpretation IMO.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

In a perfect world, I'd hope everyone had claimed their players on Fantrax from the draft in June by now. It's more of an unwritten rule that those players are off limits until the season starts.

I've got all the draftees on everyone's respective Google sheets...and I did that well ahead of you guys having them on your Fantrax roster. I'm going to use the Google roster and match it up with the current Fantrax roster and if you guys miss any players when you post your submitted lineups by Sunday, you lose their rights. It's going to be zero tolerance...you've had ample time to get that done.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I should also point out that Luke had posted he was sliding Fehervary's contract for this season.

Sorry for flooding the zone with all the new threads this morning...just getting things ready a big week of league activity ahead of the season starting.

I'm going to Lions game tonight so I won't be available for most of the day today. But I will be available to unlock the free agent thread tomorrow...assuming we're done with this draft today.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

I'm just not sure which part of the rules is vague??
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

So Kimmers pick is traded or skipped right?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

And technically Koomz is skipped as well. Paul's spot (now Matt's pick) was up until 11 or so and then Koomz has already gone 8 hours. I'm going to pick before I leave for Detroit in a few minutes.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matt and Koomz...you guys can pick any time. Josh and Matthew wrap up the draft but you guys have until the end of the day to get your picks in.

Reminder, free agency will start tomorrow at noon.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Good job wrapping this up yesterday...I'll unlock the free agent thread shortly. We start in two hours.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

this year's FA thread seems to confirm our Waiver Draft is a bit too short: http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1515 ... ead#unread
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I think we could go back to two full rounds in the future.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI think we could go back to two full rounds in the future.
Curious as to why we don't just have a much larger waiver draft and forego free agent signings during the regular season? Or have a mid-term waiver draft and a pre-season waiver-draft? There seems to be plenty of ''free agent'' signings available to do both, no?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

We started with multiple rounds and then trimmed it back to just a single round. This half 2nd round concept was just to give the lottery teams a shot at an extra asset. A longer waiver draft would trim down the number of signings but there's always going to be some names that slip through the cracks.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

you could do 4 rounds and still have players claimed after the draft ends. If there is perceived value, someone will take him. I'd need another week to clear my poorly vetted claim list.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Would also take a long ass time. A lot of our group doesn’t bother to use the waiver draft to add players... so would be waiting on guys. But I guess they could then trade the picks for entry picks...
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to