2017 Waiver Draft Discussion

BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Re: 2017 Waiver Draft Discussion

Post by Loki »

It's a personal 24 hour window. I lost a player last year because I was a few minutes early
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Lee wroteCOLONwrong. personal 24 hour window.

Scott literally posted this a few comments up.

Reminder of the basic ground rules...one claim for every 24 hours. Meaning, if you claim a player 1:30 p.m., you can't claim another player until 1:30 p.m. the next day. It's not a noon-to-noon window like with waivers.
Ya I guess you're right. Forgot how it was run last year. Is there a link to Scott's post - I can't find it.
I personally think It's silly though - let's say you have something going on one day and can't draft til later, why should you be punished the next day?

Anyways - obviously not gonna change anything this year but my two cents is it should be revisited next year!
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON

Reminder of the basic ground rules...one claim for every 24 hours. Meaning, if you claim a player 1:30 p.m., you can't claim another player until 1:30 p.m. the next day. It's not a noon-to-noon window like with waivers.
Ya I guess you're right. Forgot how it was run last year. Is there a link to Scott's post - I can't find it.
I personally think It's silly though - let's say you have something going on one day and can't draft til later, why should you be punished the next day?

Anyways - obviously not gonna change anything this year but my two cents is it should be revisited next year!
Not really. I mean we are talking bottom of the roster players anyway. I mean I can't think of a more fair way than a 24 hour personal window for a free claim.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I just checked. Last year ther were people who were not following the personal 24 hour period. Should those players be FA again?

Nvm. It wa just one person and that player sucks.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

CasperX22 wroteCOLON

Not really. I mean we are talking bottom of the roster players anyway. I mean I can't think of a more fair way than a 24 hour personal window for a free claim.
I guess I just don't get out the 24 hr reset is unfair... or less fair than the personal 24 hr
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON

I guess I just don't get out the 24 hr reset is unfair... or less fair than the personal 24 hr
So you think it's fair for someone to be able to make a claim tomorrow at 11:59 am and then again at noon? Because that's what you are advocating to able to do.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Why not? It would still be a loss. You would be picking last on the first day if u decided to do that.

Also, I only advocate this for between now and roster submission. Not in season claims.

Actually, I don't care...
Last edited by 2 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

What I roster submission?
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONWhy not? It would still be a loss. You would be picking last on the first day if u decided to do that.

Also, I only advocate this for between now and roster submission. Not in season claims.

Actually, I don't care...
Um it's a tactical advantage of you have a handful of gm's fighting over 1 or 2 players. Personally, I say tough shit if you didn't make a claim right away. Should've been better prepared.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

mmh, going by this discussion it seems we should consider having two full rounds in the future
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'd be alright with 2 full rounds. We'd be adding 16 picks to the proper draft and we had 19 players claimed yesterday. I don't dislike the claim process...it can be a little chaotic. In the end, we're fighting over minor leaguers.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Seriously tho. What day is roster submission?
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

I like the idea of 1 pick per day, not 1 per 24 hours.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLONSeriously tho. What day is roster submission?

Saturday the 30th. I don't know if it was officially posted but that's what I'm going with. Gives me a few days to review everyone's stuff ahead of opening night.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Im fine with the 24 hours. With having so many members all over the world, not everyones days are comparable. It is more or less up to the manager to follow the rules and use the honor system. it is a way to give equal claim rights to everyone, not just the people who are sitting in front of comp all day every day, like myself...lol
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

CAM wroteCOLONIm fine with the 24 hours. With having so many members all over the world, not everyones days are comparable. It is more or less up to the manager to follow the rules and use the honor system. it is a way to give equal claim rights to everyone, not just the people who are sitting in front of comp all day every day, like myself...lol

maybe we should do it like waiver wire...once you make a pick you move to the bottom of the list.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

That's another idea for sure.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

doesn't work that well with free agents.. cause unless you have the luck to get the top priority at some point when your target is available, you're only going to feed him to the lions. So you would do the research and someone else would get the player
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

lol started a shitstorm. In the end I'm fine either way... it is as most have said a bunch of minor leaguers. I still think it is a lot easier and more equitable for everyone if you do 24hr period so that we can not be penalized for having a life outside of BBKL.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

fucker. Lee took my guy
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to