[WAIVERS] 2013-14 Waiver Claims

BUTTON_TOPIC_LOCKED
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: [WAIVERS] 2013-14 Waiver Claims (Fortunus until 1/21 @ n

Post by Arian The Insider »

I don't think we should have to wait either but we've been doing it all season so it shouldnt be changed until this season is over
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

CAM wroteCOLONNo knock against Scott here but the issues with players being on waivers for like 2 or 3 days has to stop. If a player is waived at 11:59 then there is a 24 hour window for that player to be claimed. (Following the noon to noon format) If no claims made he should be free to go to minors. The fact that a post is not formulated because a single member could not access the site or was busy, should not hold the GM waiving a player hostage.
you're obviously right
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

That's been my fault...I will completely accept responsibility for not processing waivers as well as I did last season. I'm on here as often as I can and unfortunately, I'll get on here after noon passes and I miss a guy being waived the day before and they end up on waivers later than they should. All players have gotten their full 24 hours but they should be on waivers the next day...no excuses. If I miss your player by a day, please bring it to my attention.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Honestly shoalzie i can help

But can u also clarify my sulzer waiver situation. He technically cleared jan 25 or 26th but since u didnt update them arian thinks he cud claim him 6 days after he shudve cleared. Dunno if he was dead serious but he wanted it done last nite (i was rly high last nite and he tripped me out.. Wow)

Refer here: http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?p=173415#p173415

Fact is i made him minors in week 18 and i have brought him back up week 19 so wtf
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

the only way to make it work i think would be making the player automatically eligible for claim once he is put on waivers by his owner, till noon (and no further) with a minimum period of 24hrs.

Waivers availability can't be linked with yours, you're only human.

It would be up to GMs to realize who is on waivers and who is not.
Last edited by 1 on kyuss, edited 0 times in total.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Sulzer, like every other player that is waived...they've got to actually go on waivers (on time or not) and during that period is when they are able to be claimed. When you waived him was when I started to have access issues to this site and I couldn't get on here at noon to post. My fault was to not get a hold or Mike or some other GM to cover for me. You deserve better from me, Paul...I'm sorry.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Something I should've done all along...I'm subscribing to this thread and the waiving thread so I will be informed when there's a new post.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

Nah it's not Shoalzie's fault, we should have had a policy from the beginning. Regarding Sulzer I was just following what we've been doing all season.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Arian followed the rules...he made a claim during the 24-hour window that I had put Sulzer on waivers. Of course, I didn't put him on waivers in a timely manner.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Not your fault at all Shoalzie. It's just easier to use a time stamp and up to the members to check the thread for who's on waivers rather than waiting for the thread title to be updated manually.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The noon-to-noon time period works if I'm on the ball and I post when guys go on waivers the day it happens.

The NHL does a noon-to-noon waiver period, right? Always seem to see waiver news come out around this time of day each day.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

I'd encourage a true 24 hour waiver claim window, rather than the manual update situation. Strategic timing of waivers is a tool GMs should be able to use.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

so... what is happening here... I refuse to let EDM claim Sulzer under these circumstances...
I in fact recalled Sulzer for week 19 and he's on my active this week.
Arian apparently processed the claim himself and put him on week 19 bench
please lets figure this out
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

So your lineup is illegal then
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

how would you both have Sulzer anyways?
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I will stand by the fact that Arian did everything by the book. It's my mistake that is causing the confusion and not sending him through waivers in a timely manner. He did claim Sulzer during the actual waiver window that I posted. So by that, he should get Sulzer. I don't think Arian needs to be penalized for me not being on top of this or for not getting someone else who could post for me if I couldn't. I've acknowledged that I've not been as prompt with guys going through waivers the next day as they should. Again, that's on me.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Sulzer blows who cares who gets him. 29 and played 40 games once.

Paul you can just claim him again in the future unless Arian wants to waste a roster spot on him next season.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

Lol pretty much. I claimed him for gp insurance as one of my d got sent down and another is hurt
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Paul, this was your post when you actually waived him on January 24:

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?p=171429#p171429
kimmer wroteCOLONCarolina Hurricanes waive D Alexander Sulzer (for purpose of assigning to minors) retroactive to beginning of Week 17
One mistake that I will point out on your part is you should've posted that you were waiving him on that Monday at the latest because he appeared as a minor league player on your Google doc for that week. Week 17 started on January 20 and you waived him on the 24th. You shouldn't have waited that long to post that and you shouldn't have assumed that he had cleared waivers at the start of Week 18. He doesn't clear waivers until I send him through and makes it through a complete noon-to-noon period.

Sulzer didn't go on waivers until the 29th and he wouldn't clear until the 30th so what actually happened is you waived him and he never went through waivers until after Week 18 started. You had him in the minors, which by rule is your right to do. But since he went through waivers later than you assumed (the 25th or 26th during Week 17)...Arian should have the rights to Sulzer as of Week 19.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

i just pm'd him
alright fine you wanna play this way then have him. It's complete bullshit seeing as it's no longer my responsibility after I waive him I only count 24 hrs from then. It's insane to think that I didn't retract my waiving of sulzer if I knew people did this all the time. I NEVER ever put a claim on waived player like you and others claimed to have before... I ALWAYS check the timestamp of when the GM actually waived him.

As a result of your stobborness to want him this badly, I'll send him on CBS, but you won't hear from me ever again as long as I have a team in bbkl
just so everyone is aware
BUTTON_TOPIC_LOCKED

Return to