Roster Templates

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Roster Templates

Post by Mike »

Quoting OP. If you haven't read the instructions please do so. These submissions are due Wednesday. If you have any problems (after reading the instructions) either post here or PM me.
Mike wroteCOLONDirectory of BBKL Team Spreadsheets [link]

I am going to provide all 30 teams with Google Docs spreadsheets for their rosters. This roster will be editable by the team's GM and myself. They will be viewable by anyone with a link. These spreadsheets will provide a standardized format for asset management. They will be required for roster submissions.

How they work

The first thing I need all of you to do is PM me the e-mail address you will use to login to Google Docs. I suggest a gmail account, but any will work as long as you sign up for a Google account if you do not already have one. Once I have this I will upload your team's barebones spreadsheet. It will include all your players that were on your CBS page (minus placeholders) dating back a couple weeks ago.

I have auto-added as many dates of birth, GP numbers, cap hits, and positions as I could. There will be errors. Some of these errors are due to the data sources I've used having different names (ie Mike for Michael, PA for P.A.), salaries are taken from CBS so any that aren't resolved down to a whole $1,000 are rounded. Many birthdays are not available, same with GP numbers. Many of my wingers were listed as centers!!! Double check all your positions. Please add all these in manually. You will need to verify all your players are listed.

Once you have all your players added with all their info please take a look at the first tab in your spreadsheet. This will house your picks. Please make sure your picks are consistent with Shoalzie's List.

Now: you've got all your assets entered. If you want them sorted neatly (Cs-Ws-Ds-Gs) you can select the range and sort them yourself or ask me for help.

Assets on the left, a blank roster on the right. To fill this roster in you simply need to assign a ROLE to all your players. It's pretty straightforward, at least I think it is. Who do you want to be your number 1 center? Put C1 next to his name. 2nd line left wing? Put W3 down. Minors? put M next to it. Short term injury? IR1 through IR5.

Long Term Injured Reserve is a bit more complicated, but still fully automated within this spreadsheet. You still need to report it in the LTIR thread as per usual. Say the injured player is Jonathan Toews on my team. I replace his C1 tag with LTIR1. This opens a spot on my top line and I adjust accordingly. To make use of the space he provides I'll start by calling up Zack Kassian. I'm gonna slot Kass into the 3rd line wing slot (W5). But there's another step here so I can get a rebate for his cap hit. Next to his ROLE slot I'm also gonna list him as REL1. This will automatically remove his cap hit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ongoing Use

When you take over your spreadsheet there will be just two tabs: Picks and Roster Submission. For archival purposes we will duplicate the most recent sheet every week to do our weekly roster submission. The first time we do this it will be like this:
- click the arrow on the Roster Submission tab/sheet at the bottom.
- click Duplicate, this will create a new sheet
- Rename the new sheet (double click it) from "Copy of Roster Submission" to "Week 1"

Bam, you're ready to make your roster adjustments for the upcoming week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example One: Toronto

This is my sheet, completed, with all my picks/players added. I have also put an example LTIR scenario in there. Unfortunately for all of you Brad Marchand is indeed healthy.

Example Two: Anaheim

Due to alphabetical priority. This is the raw workbook I will give you access to as soon as you PM me your e-mail address.

Random Notes

- This sheet will automatically calculate waiver eligibility
- It will warn you if you try to send down a guy that needs to clear waivers
- It tracks your contracts and player totals
- Once a week begins I will lock that "tab" in the spreadsheet. This is to maintain a pristine record of the weeks previous.
- IF you want a 7th d-man instead of 8 wingers please put him in a wing slot. Adding another row of D will break the spreadsheet.

Known Issues

- Non-contracted old-ass players are shown as waiver eligible. Will be fixed in next version. (Thx Nick)
- 78 slots by default instead of 90
- beware waiver eligilbility of goalies. they have a 75 game threshold rather than 150 like the others. I didn't program that properly, needs fixing.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

tobias stephan is not waiver exempt but not in the NHL, this doesn't matter does it?
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

- Non-contracted old-ass players are shown as waiver eligible. Will be fixed in next version. (Thx Nick)
think i might just put that in my sig.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

excellent - i mean if i lost tobias stephen whatever, i just wanted to clarify for when i post everything, i dont need a warning or something for screwing up!
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

This is hilarious.

Again, thanks Mike. This is going to make everything 1000x easier once everybody figures out how it works.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I am trying to do this now, and having some difficulty with adding players. Example Matt Fraser, once I added a cell on the left side, and inputted his salary, games played and age the waiver status did not update automatically. I have read the instructions and all of the posts in this thread, and still can't find a solution to this problem.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Did you copy the formula and paste special, not just format painter?
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

No, I didn't. I'll try that now.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I'm still having problems adding players, and getting their waiver eligibility to show up.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Drag down the formula on the right. Under waiver required and the two cells next to it.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to