http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey ... d-reserve/
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: [2016-17] IR and LTIR Submission Thread

Post by Mike »

Cody Goloubef to LTIR. I'll edit with link when back on PC.

Edit, link: http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey ... ue-injury/
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

Mikhail Grabovski ($5mil) to LTIR (LINK)

Relief: Shawn Matthias ($2.125mil), Viktor Stalberg ($1.5mil) and Joakim Nordstrom ($1.275mil) >> Cap remaining: $100k
Last edited by 1 on koomzzz, edited 0 times in total.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

koomzzz wroteCOLONMikhail Grabovski ($5mil) to LTIR (LINK)

Relief: Colin Greening ($2.65mil) and Michael Raffl ($2.35mil)
Did you just acquire the relief players? If already in your roster they can't be used.
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245

Post by koomzzz »

Mike wroteCOLON

Did you just acquire the relief players? If already in your roster they can't be used.
gonna need some clarification on this one
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390

Post by Mike »

Copy from PM, might be good reminder for rest of us

Sorry if explanation is poor, am remote and a few beers in.

When you put player x on LTIR his cap still counts. You can however exceed the cap by up to player x's salary. Any players used as IR replacements must nit already be on the roster. They can come from 1) trade, 2) free agency, or 3) your minors. If you have a guy who's waiver exempt you can demote him and subsequently recall him as the replacement.

Hope that helps, lmk if you need further explanation.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Mike wroteCOLONCopy from PM, might be good reminder for rest of us

Sorry if explanation is poor, am remote and a few beers in.

When you put player x on LTIR his cap still counts. You can however exceed the cap by up to player x's salary. Any players used as IR replacements must nit already be on the roster. They can come from 1) trade, 2) free agency, or 3) your minors. If you have a guy who's waiver exempt you can demote him and subsequently recall him as the replacement.

Hope that helps, lmk if you need further explanation.

God getting real
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Nick Bjudstad to LTIR

recalling Jimmy Vesey as roster replacement (REL1).

I will provide a link next week when im back.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Mike wroteCOLON

I think that's legit to start the season. There are no waivers before the season starts nor distinction from minors or active roster (as cap doesn't apply), so players can be theoretically moved down and up as replacements before the season starts.
I think there is some precedent in the past of veterans being used as LTIR replacements to start the season.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON

I think that's legit to start the season. There are no waivers before the season starts nor distinction from minors or active roster (as cap doesn't apply), so players can be theoretically moved down and up as replacements before the season starts.
I think there is some precedent in the past of veterans being used as LTIR replacements to start the season.
There was a big discussion last year about it since no one besides Mike basically knew that Relief players had to be exempt or newly acquired. I don't remember how it ended but there was definitely a discussion about it so precedent could have been set there or an official rules made/altered.
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245

Post by koomzzz »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON

A final verdict on this would be hugely helpful, once (if) Kucherov signs I'll have to cut major cap if I can't use anyone as relief right now
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

foofnik wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON

There was a big discussion last year about it since no one besides Mike basically knew that Relief players had to be exempt or newly acquired. I don't remember how it ended but there was definitely a discussion about it so precedent could have been set there or an official rules made/altered.
the rule always was that in-season you can't use one your veterans as replacements without demoting them first (hence putting them on waivers. So basically it's not an option) unless they just came from trade during that week.

I think the first submission was always different though cause your veterans wouldn't need to go through waivers to be put as LTIR replacemetns when waivers are not open yet.

We would need to find that discussion from last year to see if this latter part was touched/altered.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

I just don't get why we have these same discussions every year and never document any of the decisions.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

kyuss wroteCOLON
foofnik wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON

the rule always was that in-season you can't use one your veterans as replacements without demoting them first (hence putting them on waivers. So basically it's not an option) unless they just came from trade during that week.

I think the first submission was always different though cause your veterans wouldn't need to go through waivers to be put as LTIR replacemetns when waivers are not open yet.

We would need to find that discussion from last year to see if this latter part was touched/altered.
Need to know for Huberdeau as well.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

I'd say week 1 it's totally fine. It's just that when that player comes back those guys need to be removed from relief and you could be put in a pinch. But if the player is out for the season you can use that relief on anyone (I.e. Nathan Horton for the leafs - they can use his cap fully).
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245

Post by koomzzz »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONI'd say week 1 it's totally fine. It's just that when that player comes back those guys need to be removed from relief and you could be put in a pinch. But if the player is out for the season you can use that relief on anyone (I.e. Nathan Horton for the leafs - they can use his cap fully).
Essentially what I'm expecting to do. I don't see Grabovski playing anytime soon. But if he does come back, I'd need to make corresponding moves
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245

Post by koomzzz »

Final decision on this?
BUTTON_TOPIC_LOCKED

Return to