Career Win %

Re: Career Win %

Postby hong57 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Thanks Dave, love you!
Image
#91 - John Tavares
User avatar
hong57
 
Posts: 6473
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Career Win %

Postby hong57 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 pm

im actually trending downwards haha..
and surprised paul didn't have a season with winning% <0.2 =P
Image
#91 - John Tavares
User avatar
hong57
 
Posts: 6473
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Career Win %

Postby CAM » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:26 pm

Neat stuff. Question though, is it wrong to take the average of the total win % each year? Im just thinking the switch to playing 4 matches potentially skews the out put. If a team was super good the year we switched it would weight the totals.
User avatar
CAM
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Career Win %

Postby CAM » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 pm

For example, the average for me would be 0.574% and Matt would be 0.541%. i just used closest team in list to mine.

Statistically, i would assume taking the average of the win % since inception is more realistic to account for the matchup changes. Maybe it doesnt even matter? What if all those colums were just divided by 4…?
User avatar
CAM
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Career Win %

Postby Da_Hawks » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:38 am

My win% is going to be really bad for a long time haha. Nice spreadsheet!
Image
User avatar
Da_Hawks
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Career Win %

Postby Matthew » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:50 am

Seems wrong when only 7 teams over .500 and that many teams below .400 with only 2 teams over .600
Image
Matthew
 
Posts: 8117
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Career Win %

Postby dave1959 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:50 am

should I exclude ties?
User avatar
dave1959
 
Posts: 3312
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Career Win %

Postby Arian The Insider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Matthew wrote:Seems wrong when only 7 teams over .500 and that many teams below .400 with only 2 teams over .600

Includes ties so it can't be compared to a .500 record we see in real life sports (e.g. 35-35-12)
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Image
User avatar
Arian The Insider
 
Posts: 6266
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Somalia

Re: Career Win %

Postby dave1959 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 pm

So, I have added all current GMs to the TAB

including Final Conference Standings each year, and playoff record


(there are 7 of us that have never made the playoffs)
User avatar
dave1959
 
Posts: 3312
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Career Win %

Postby thom54 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:09 pm

dave1959 wrote:So, I have added all current GMs to the TAB

including Final Conference Standings each year, and playoff record


(there are 7 of us that have never made the playoffs)


Paul’s ears are burning
User avatar
thom54
 
Posts: 6103
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Kingston, ON

Re: Career Win %

Postby Matthew » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Arian The Insider wrote:
Matthew wrote:Seems wrong when only 7 teams over .500 and that many teams below .400 with only 2 teams over .600

Includes ties so it can't be compared to a .500 record we see in real life sports (e.g. 35-35-12)


Ties in our format added or bot added still does not affect the .500
Image
Matthew
 
Posts: 8117
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Career Win %

Postby dave1959 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:53 pm

of course it does

the way I did it

Wins divided by Wins+Losses+Ties
so say 10W 11L 3T = 10/24 = .416 win %

if you take out ties

it would be 10/21 = .476 win %
User avatar
dave1959
 
Posts: 3312
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Career Win %

Postby thom54 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:18 pm

well then a tie is counted as a loss, where it should be a 50% of a win , no?
User avatar
thom54
 
Posts: 6103
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Kingston, ON

Re: Career Win %

Postby dave1959 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:32 pm

ok

so I changed the formula to add 1/2 ties

changed the initial thread post to GMs instead of Team
User avatar
dave1959
 
Posts: 3312
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Career Win %

Postby Matthew » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:59 pm

If you add up every teams record it should equal to .500, since in every matchup there are 32 points awarded between 2 teams. Being equally over and under .500 no matter if there are ties or not.
Image
Matthew
 
Posts: 8117
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Career Win %

Postby The BBKL Insider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:27 pm

That's an incredible amount of work Dave! Thanks!
Image
User avatar
The BBKL Insider
 
Posts: 21630
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: Career Win %

Postby Arian The Insider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:04 pm

Matthew wrote:If you add up every teams record it should equal to .500, since in every matchup there are 32 points awarded between 2 teams. Being equally over and under .500 no matter if there are ties or not.

Are you looking at the GM records? It doesn't have every year for every team.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Image
User avatar
Arian The Insider
 
Posts: 6266
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Somalia

Re: Career Win %

Postby dave1959 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Arian The Insider wrote:
Matthew wrote:If you add up every teams record it should equal to .500, since in every matchup there are 32 points awarded between 2 teams. Being equally over and under .500 no matter if there are ties or not.

Are you looking at the GM records? It doesn't have every year for every team.



Right.... I only did current GMs.

I don't give a fuck about the quitters :D :D
User avatar
dave1959
 
Posts: 3312
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: Career Win %

Postby hong57 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:16 am

dave1959 wrote:by GM

(for total scoring category W-L-T)

4 David-Minnesota (Hong)-2010 0.632


I should be 2009 too I'm one of the very few original Gms like steve mike billy arian and whoever i left out
Image
#91 - John Tavares
User avatar
hong57
 
Posts: 6473
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Career Win %

Postby hong57 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:17 am

hong57 wrote:
dave1959 wrote:by GM

(for total scoring category W-L-T)

4 David-Minnesota (Hong)-2010 0.632


I should be 2009 too I'm one of the very few original Gms like steve mike billy luke and whoever i left out
Image
#91 - John Tavares
User avatar
hong57
 
Posts: 6473
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Statistics & Standings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest