2013 Entry Draft Discussion.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: 2013 Entry Draft Discussion.

Post by Lee »

4 hours windows with each team having one 5 hour " time out" would be fantastic to implement. Time out applied automatically if your 4 hour clock expires.

I'd fully support an overnight dead time if we implemented that.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Carl Dahlstrom kid I took 90th overall drafted 51st overall by the hawks.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

What if you use 6 minutes of your timeout? Does the remaining time just get lost, or can you use it again?
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

bills09 wroteCOLONCarl Dahlstrom kid I took 90th overall drafted 51st overall by the hawks.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

And we`re about to see the ill effects of not finishing the draft before the real NHL draft as well as the problems caused by people dragging out their picks. Also the false value of late round picks due to the previously mentioned faults.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Yep

The day after our finals is when it should start ...
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Lee wroteCOLONAnd we`re about to see the ill effects of not finishing the draft before the real NHL draft as well as the problems caused by people dragging out their picks. Also the false value of late round picks due to the previously mentioned faults.
cry about it. its the 6th and 7th round.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Mik waiting until the last minute to see the 3 highest drafted Euros left ... Hi Mik! I see you hiding there my friend ...
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

bills09 wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONAnd we`re about to see the ill effects of not finishing the draft before the real NHL draft as well as the problems caused by people dragging out their picks. Also the false value of late round picks due to the previously mentioned faults.
cry about it. its the 6th and 7th round.
With peoPle about to get 2nd and 3rd rounders. Go fuck yourself.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

And as predicted, it took one pick to get screwed over by the bbkl draft going past the NHL draft length.

Good player, Mik.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The actual draft results do play a factor into who you pick going forward...it either reaffirms your interest in an available guy or scares you off a fringe prospect that you weren't sure about.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Carolina Hurricanes

Shea Theodore: 26th overall in BBKL; 26th overall in NHL

Jonny Brodzinski: 145th overall in BBKL; 148th overall in NHL

Happy with my selections
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

So the draft is over...I've got 3 guys who didn't get picked plus Osnovin went undrafted again and Bengtsson didn't get re-drafted. As someone with 3 picks left in our draft...do I feel like drafting guys that actually got drafted? What do you think? Of course having this last part of the draft now matters...not saying it's right though.

If you draft a guy that doesn't get drafted...is it really any different than having a prospect that busts?
Monk
PostsCOLON 1762
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Monk »

like I said earlier we need to make a decision on this shit for next years draft, either do it all before the real draft or do it all after, I picked fuckin zach Fitzgerald in the 2nd rd and he actually goes in the fourth, I know I wouldn't take him there knowing he went 2 whole rounds later..

having said that I would much rather do our draft before the real one, it forces people to do research and it will make the next years draft more exciting because we can select re-drafts (guys picked in the real draft) that were missed by us the previous year

I said previously the date could be the day after the memorial cup. but after thinking it over I don't think that's enough time, I would suggest last day of CHL playoffs for 2014 draft
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

i've put the otc pick on the block, so anyone can get the chance to pick right after the completed entry draft
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

all of my drafted guys got drafted in the same round i took them except for Rankin who went undrafted. not bad.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONSo the draft is over...I've got 3 guys who didn't get picked plus Osnovin went undrafted again and Bengtsson didn't get re-drafted. As someone with 3 picks left in our draft...do I feel like drafting guys that actually got drafted? What do you think? Of course having this last part of the draft now matters...not saying it's right though.

If you draft a guy that doesn't get drafted...is it really any different than having a prospect that busts?
i drafted Slepyshev at 61 last year, went undrafted and this yr was picked in the 3rd...

my #61 seems to be the kiss of death btw, as even more unlikely to happen (no Russian factor), Wallmark went undrafted this season. Not sure why, hopefully not unknown health problems and just GMs' retardness.

Drafted Janmark Nylen as after the real draft he wouldn't last till the 7th round pick where i had him slotted. I'm not going to draft guys that were not on my agenda only because they were drafted higher (Kanzig, Goulbourne)
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

So Mik has 3 picks in a row ... do we have to wait 24 hours for him or what?
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

5 of my last 6 picks went undrafted ... will now be taking highest picked in the actual draft. Might as well be a lazy fuck too.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Tony wroteCOLONSo Mik has 3 picks in a row ... do we have to wait 24 hours for him or what?

167th pick OTC...the 8 hours for 166th has expired.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to