BUTTON_POST_REPLY
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: 2017 Draft Discussion

Post by CasperX22 »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONI think Nolan Patrick would go 4th-6th in each of the last 2 drafts. Patrick doesn't put up elite offence the way top 5 players from past years have. Not sure where Hischier would go.

But iits the rest that worry me. I've seen lists where a guy is 3rd on one list and doesn't make the top 30 on another list. It seems while there may be a few slightly better choices, this really is a "crapshoot" as Hong described it. Hopefully this isn't as bad as the 96 or 99 drafts. I think we could see some surprising picks early on in both the NHl and BbkL
No way he would go top 6 in either of the last 2 drafts.
He absolutely would lol.

Over Dubois, Juolevi, and Zacha for sure. Could make the arguments regarding Tkachuk, Hanifin, Strome, and Marner.
He is not getting taken over any of those guys and probably more guys taken after them. Especially from the 2015 draft.
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONI think Nolan Patrick would go 4th-6th in each of the last 2 drafts. Patrick doesn't put up elite offence the way top 5 players from past years have. Not sure where Hischier would go.

But iits the rest that worry me. I've seen lists where a guy is 3rd on one list and doesn't make the top 30 on another list. It seems while there may be a few slightly better choices, this really is a "crapshoot" as Hong described it. Hopefully this isn't as bad as the 96 or 99 drafts. I think we could see some surprising picks early on in both the NHl and BbkL
He absolutely would lol.

Over Dubois, Juolevi, and Zacha for sure. Could make the arguments regarding Tkachuk, Hanifin, Strome, and Marner.
He is not getting taken over any of those guys and probably more guys taken after them. Especially from the 2015 draft.
He had a 100+ point season as a D-1 player in the WHL. He would 1000% go before PLD, who had a 99 point season as a draft year player in the Q.

His offensive numbers are in the elite echelon, as in top5 level production, and he's a massive 2way centerman.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Nick wroteCOLONI don't think he'd be in convo with Hanifin, Strome or Marner, they are a higher skill set, which is first draft concern. Strome & Marner were amazing prospects in their draft class that happened to have two generational talents at the top of it. Some of what we're seeing creep into comparison now is post-hoc analysis of Strome not being in the NHL, that info wasn't available at the time, and it's way too early to close the door now.

We know Marner is freaking awesome. But we don't know what Strome will be like as a rookie, who knows it could be head to head with nolan next year for the Calder ? Wouldn't surprise me to see another great rookie class next year with names like McAvoy, Boeser,Sanheim, Chabot, Barzal, Puljuarvi & Kaprizov in addition to Patrick/Strome. Crazy league turnover right now.
Unfortunately, I don't believe puljujarvi is eligible for Calder next year, as he played 28 NHL games.

Once you surpass 25 games you are no longer eligible.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

You'd think Nolan Patrick was a potential 3C the way some people underrate the guy lol..
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

3C(ieling)
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONYou'd think Nolan Patrick was a potential 3C the way some people underrate the guy lol..
he's probably not even good enough to be a C.

Probably 3w at the NHL level.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Woukd be. Funny if Mike acquiresb#1 oa again and dude doesn't even make his lineup
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

He absolutely would lol.

He had a 100+ point season as a D-1 player in the WHL. He would 1000% go before PLD, who had a 99 point season as a draft year player in the Q.

His offensive numbers are in the elite echelon, as in top5 level production, and he's a massive 2way centerman.
Whatever you need to tell yourself man. You could argue taking him over someone like PLD, Juolevi, Tkatchuk. You could argue it, but I wouldn't agree. Those guys were better prospects in their draft year and all most likely better NHL careers.
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720

Post by timwebb1212 »

If injuries don't throw him off Patrick's realistic upside is on the Toews/Kopitar level. I feel confident saying the majority of NHL GM's would consider him better than PLD, Juolevi, Zacha, or Tkachuk were in their draft year.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Patrick sucks please let him fall to me so I can be disappointed with that plug.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

I haven't scouted him much but I get the impression that the guys that would go ahead of him in the last couple of drafts based on how they were in their draft years is something like:

McDavid
Eichel
Matthews
Laine
And maybe Marner, who I personally was very high on from the beginning.

But maybe more viewings of him will change my opinion though. You guys have probably see him more than I have.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720

Post by timwebb1212 »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONI haven't scouted him much but I get the impression that the guys that would go ahead of him in the last couple of drafts based on how they were in their draft years is something like:

McDavid
Eichel
Matthews
Laine
And maybe Marner, who I personally was very high on from the beginning.

But maybe more viewings of him will change my opinion though. You guys have probably see him more than I have.
He's in that same tier of prospects that Strome/Marner/Hanifin were and thus is above PLD/Zacha/Juolevi/Tkachuk were. Remember how much of a crapshoot it was prjecting 3-5 in '15? It all came down to personal preference amongst the teams, and if Patrick were in that class he'd ahve been right in there. Could've gone 3rd could've gone 6th depending on those teams' preference.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Patrick is actually really good... and although i say it's a crapshoot for the first round... i totally expect there will be some very good players coming out this year...
#91 - John Tavares
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
timwebb1212 wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

He absolutely would lol.

that's weird considering he's generally ranked ahead of Hischier, and Hischier has always been a better prospect than Juolevi and Zacha (and PLD I guess)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONDaniel Sprong

ROY 2017-18
is there any website allowing to bet on ROY? cause if you really think so you should totally bet on it, odds paying for Sprong winning it should be great..
I mean, he probably has less than 1% of doing it
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Draft picks are updated from the deadline...feel free to confirm your picks are accurate.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

kyuss wroteCOLON
The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONDaniel Sprong

ROY 2017-18
is there any website allowing to bet on ROY? cause if you really think so you should totally bet on it, odds paying for Sprong winning it should be great..
I mean, he probably has less than 1% of doing it
im not much of a gambler, but that certainly would be something to look into. Even a 10 dollar bet could pay out hundreds.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

oh leafs can win... just their goaltending has to let in 5 + goals. And Bozak has to succumb to boneitis
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

i have a top 10 pick list.. but thanks to uglymike my pick is 11th... fuck me
#91 - John Tavares
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

hong57 wroteCOLONi have a top 10 pick list.. but thanks to uglymike my pick is 11th... fuck me
What's ur list?
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to