CONTACTCOLON

2015 Draft Discussion

Post by Shoalzie »

*2015 BBKL Draft*
http://ss-onlinedesign.com/fantasy/bbkl ... _entry.htm

- - - - -

*2015 BBKL Lottery Watch*
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I've got tabs for the complete 1st round order (based on current standings) and it will be updated each week. There's also a tab with the 1st pick odds. And I've got the skater GP listed, which I'll also update every few days. I'll post an adjusted standings page when we get closer to end of the season showing how teams missing on GP affect the order.

Draft lottery date: April 18
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7628 ... l:topheads

The full 1st round details are here:
http://ss-onlinedesign.com/fantasy/bbkl ... _round.htm

I'll post the draft tracker when the complete draft order is finalized.

*1st Round Draft Order Rules*
Pick #1: All teams that fail to qualify for the playoffs enter the draft lottery; a weighted lottery is conducted to determine the 1st pick only
Picks #2-14: Teams that don't win the lottery are slotted are based on regular season standings
Picks #16-26: Teams eliminate in the first two rounds of the BBKL playoffs are slotted based on regular season standings
Picks #27 & 28: Conference Finalists; the team with the fewer regular season points get the 27th pick
Pick #29: BBKL Runner-Up
Pick #30: BBKL Champion
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: 2015 Draft Discussion

Post by kyuss »

Great stuff Scott.

Looks like currently I have 11% of picking 1st.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Next year should be interesting because the NHL is going to have draws for the first three picks. I think the odds stay the same but they'll do separate draws for the top 3 positions and then 4 through 14 go by standings. That would've made this year a little more dramatic if the top 3 spots were up for grabs...not just #1.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

kyuss wroteCOLONGreat stuff Scott.

Looks like currently I have 11% of picking 1st.
Not If Carolina can pass me, the race is on. Chasing that 9.5%!!!

And yea awesome Scott.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

meh, I'd still have 10%, so more than you anyway :P
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Current McDavid Watch 2015 statistics.

Dallas 20.0%
Philadelphia 20.0 %
St. Louis 13.5%
Nashville 11.0%
Edmonton 10.5%
Vancouver 8.5%
Arizona 7.5%
Florida 6.5%
Columbus 3.0%
Winnipeg 2.5%
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

*Subject to change depending on GP
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Yes absolutely.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I updated the GP based on last night's games and I threw a sheet on there for "GP Adjusted Standings". Early indications would show Edmonton being the benefactor. He'd move down the 28th position. With so many teams still under 1100, it's not really worth discussing right now.

I'll start showing the draft order after our regular season is over and the standings are final. The only variable that would change after then would be the GP. I think Philadelphia and Ottawa are going to be the most effected.
LeanMachine
PostsCOLON 938
JoinedCOLON Wed May 28, 2014 7:16 pm
CONTACTCOLON

Post by LeanMachine »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI updated the GP based on last night's games and I threw a sheet on there for "GP Adjusted Standings". Early indications would show Edmonton being the benefactor. He'd move down the 28th position. With so many teams still under 1100, it's not really worth discussing right now.

I'll start showing the draft order after our regular season is over and the standings are final. The only variable that would change after then would be the GP. I think Philadelphia and Ottawa are going to be the most effected.
For BBKL newbies what are we discussing here - GP adjustments?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

LeanMachine wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONI updated the GP based on last night's games and I threw a sheet on there for "GP Adjusted Standings". Early indications would show Edmonton being the benefactor. He'd move down the 28th position. With so many teams still under 1100, it's not really worth discussing right now.

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1206 ... 80#p204146
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

kyuss wroteCOLON
LeanMachine wroteCOLON

While were on the topic theres one aspect of the new rules I'd like some clarification on.

Under compensatory picks, "If the offending GM doesn't own the compensatory picks he will have to acquire them on the market". Does the GP offender have a choice between owned picks and acquire substitute picks on the market? Or are market acquired picks only suitable in the situation where no other alternative is present.
LeanMachine
PostsCOLON 938
CONTACTCOLON

Post by LeanMachine »

4-6 : Each team is required to have at least one thousand one hundred (1100) games played by their skaters over the course of the season.

are we talking BBKL regular season only? - not including play-offs
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

nope, games played during our playoffs (no matter if the BBKL team actually is in the playoffs or not) still count
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Fraser wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
LeanMachine wroteCOLON

While were on the topic theres one aspect of the new rules I'd like some clarification on.

Under compensatory picks, "If the offending GM doesn't own the compensatory picks he will have to acquire them on the market". Does the GP offender have a choice between owned picks and acquire substitute picks on the market? Or are market acquired picks only suitable in the situation where no other alternative is present.
no, the offender can pay with whatever pick he wants to use, as long as it fulfills the requirements (i.e. the required round)
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Fraser wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
LeanMachine wroteCOLON

no, the offender can pay with whatever pick he wants to use, as long as it fulfills the requirements (i.e. the required round)
Good to know. Thank you.
LeanMachine
PostsCOLON 938
CONTACTCOLON

Post by LeanMachine »

kyuss wroteCOLONnope, games played during our playoffs (no matter if the BBKL team actually is in the playoffs or not) still count
I must not be understanding correctly; I look in Fantrax and total skater GP shows about 33% of teams will not make the 1100 GP threshold with one week remaining(for non-playoff teams). What am I missing?
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

LeanMachine wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONnope, games played during our playoffs (no matter if the BBKL team actually is in the playoffs or not) still count
I must not be understanding correctly; I look in Fantrax and total skater GP shows about 33% of teams will not make the 1100 GP threshold with one week remaining(for non-playoff teams). What am I missing?
We have until game 82 in the NHL to make the 1100 GP.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

LeanMachine wroteCOLON
the part beween the brackets probably
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

LeanMachine wroteCOLON

Games played count for the entire NHL season. If you miss the playoffs, you need to still set a lineup and those games count towards your 1100. A lot of teams would miss the minimum if we stopped at the end of our regular season but it's for the entire NHL season.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to