2015 Draft Discussion

BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: 2015 Draft Discussion

Post by Arian The Insider »

Not happy with Dermott this early with the players still left on the board.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Desrocher was a fantastic pick though. Great snag by the Leafs.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

crazy seeing some of the chl names that went undrafted this year
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONDesrocher was a fantastic pick though. Great snag by the Leafs.
Yeah mean great snag, Anaheim.

Also, Buffalo starting to look like Powerhouses: Eichel, Reinhart, Girgensons, Kane, O'Rielly, Risto, etc etc etc youth. All they need now is decent goaltending, which i doubt comes in the form of Lehner. They should have grabbed lack: Vancouver was robbed only getting a 3rd and 7th back for him. They definitely should have held Lack rather than give him up for that amount. I'd rather have him than Miller.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONcrazy seeing some of the chl names that went undrafted this year
5 of my 9 picks weren't even drafted... :( Is that some sort of BBKL record?
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

Matthew wroteCOLON
Arian The Insider wroteCOLONcrazy seeing some of the chl names that went undrafted this year
this was a crazy draft.

Salituro, Soy and Masonius didn't go for me. I had a feeling Masonius could go undrafted but I'm shocked Salituro and Soy didn't get taken at all.

Other undrafted guys like Loik Leveille and Kameron Kielly (I think Lee owns them both) surprised me as well.

Even a guy born in China went LOL
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

I duno, but 17 of my 16 picks were selected (got one from 2014)
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

Nathan Noel is another CHL name I forgot as well
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

4/5 drafted ... surprised Michael McNiven wasn't taken.. hopefully he just tears the OHL apart next year!
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
this was a crazy draft.

Salituro, Soy and Masonius didn't go for me. I had a feeling Masonius could go undrafted but I'm shocked Salituro and Soy didn't get taken at all.

Other undrafted guys like Loik Leveille and Kameron Kielly (I think Lee owns them both) surprised me as well.

Even a guy born in China went LOL
and Nathan Noel. bunch of scrubs
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

kyuss wroteCOLON really not surprised by Roy, Sprong, Kylington and Bracco falling out of the 1st.

Surprised instead that Merkley was close to be in their company.

Bracco is the one I could see fall farther.
got this one just barely right.. as Kylington went at 60 right before Bracco.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Canucks division just got quite a bit tougher. I can't see them being a playoff team again in the years to come, especially given they gave up their best goalie.

Calgary adds Hamilton. Bennett will play a full yr next season.
LA adds Lucic.
EDM adds McDavid and Reinhart, while having some top end prospects who will be moving into the NHL in Drai and that black dman.

Though, I do like Boeser to the Canucks. I dunno if Fraser would agree with that.

I also like Crouse to Florida to go with all their skill and size.

Division will probably look closer to this in the future: ANA, EDM, CGY, LA, Van, SJS, ARI? and then seattle? Though i expect ARI to improve fairly quickly, as they now have a nice crop of prospects.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Can't believe Leafs got Korostelev 185th. He was ranked between 34 by McKeens and 69 by McKenzie. Bracco, Lindgren and Timashov were all skilled players that dropped relative to some ratings as well. Only pick I didn't like much was Nielsen, but I'm not a scout so maybe he ends up a NHLer. Grabbing Marincin for a 4th seems like a nice low risk move to for a player with NHL experience and good underlying numbers.

Hearing the Leafs also turned down '16 1st + Pouliot + Scuderi + Chris "Canadian Olympian" Kunitz for Kessel. Happy that we are being patient with our elite scorer and not moving him for the best offer we can get. Not bad if they could flip Kunitz, but I want more than Pouliot, a late 1st and an aging vet.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

kyuss wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON really not surprised by Roy, Sprong, Kylington and Bracco falling out of the 1st.

Surprised instead that Merkley was close to be in their company.

Bracco is the one I could see fall farther.
got this one just barely right.. as Kylington went at 60 right before Bracco.
Sprong couldn't have worked out better for me. I knew I took hin 10 spots high. I didn't think he'd drop to 42nd or whatever it was. I had him as a top 35 pick. But ive been following him all year and he already has an nhl body and game. I can see him breaking that roster at camp. He's an incredible talent. Who better to learn from than crosby and malkin. I was scared to death the yotes would take him at 30. When they didn't I was quite happy.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Anyone know what the latest point a player was drafted at who cracked a roster that next year? Surprised Sprong dropped that much too - will have a chip on his shoulder.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONAnyone know what the latest point a player was drafted at who cracked a roster that next year? Surprised Sprong dropped that much too - will have a chip on his shoulder.
I love the spong situation. He's already said he plans to work on his 2 way game. Im much happier about sprong going late to the pens than debrusk going early to the Bs. It's all about situation.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

well we are still at a stage where these guys need to prove they are good enough to be NHLers to begin with, so worrying about their situation with the team that drafted them is a bit premature unless we are talking of the very top guys in the draft (and I know I'm at fault for the same, see an earlier comment of mine about Simon being drafted by the Pens, lol)
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

kyuss wroteCOLONwell we are still at a stage where these guys need to prove they are good enough to be NHLers to begin with, so worrying about their situation with the team that drafted them is a bit premature unless we are talking of the very top guys in the draft (and I know I'm at fault for the same, see an earlier comment of mine about Simon being drafted by the Pens, lol)
I worry about the team and development. Some teams can't develop like others
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Ok with Boesser. No doubting his goal scoring ability which you really can't have too much of. Really thought that drafting Roy would have addressed a more pressing need, and I didn't anticipate Konecny being available then either. Overall pretty indifferent with the draft for the Canucks. Trading Lack was the right move, but clearly the market was saturated and giving preference to other goalies. I'm fine with Benning unlike a lot of more vocal Canuck fans, but he hasn't made a move that makes his management ultra-positive thus far. All been sort of meh for me.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLONwell we are still at a stage where these guys need to prove they are good enough to be NHLers to begin with, so worrying about their situation with the team that drafted them is a bit premature unless we are talking of the very top guys in the draft (and I know I'm at fault for the same, see an earlier comment of mine about Simon being drafted by the Pens, lol)
Um what? Why wouldn't you care about what situation your prospects land in? Often that is the difference between a promising prospect making it and not making it.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to