Eligibility for 2011 Waiver draft

kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Eligibility for 2011 Waiver draft

Post by kyuss »

Any bbkl-free player not eligible for future Entry drafts is eligible for the Waiver draft. Hence, automatically eligible for the waiver draft are bbkl-free players who were:
- born before january 1st 1992, if they played a season in N.A. when 18,19 or 20yrs old
- born before january 1st 1991, if they never played in N.A. when 18,19 or 20yrs old

Additionally, bbkl-free players still eligible for the next entry draft but already signed to a NHL contract are eligible as well.

Notes

- be sure to have all your players listed on your roster (both on CBS and your forum team page), including the ones recently drafted. Those missing will be considered FA and eligible for the Waiver draft as a result. http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3943&start=20#p52644

- after the Waiver draft, the unowned NHL-signed players will become available as free agents; however, after rosters submission, those still eligible for the 2012 Entry draft will join the pool of players reserved for it.
Last edited by 2 on kyuss, edited 0 times in total.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Eligibility for 2011 Waiver draft

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Why are we not allowed to sign unsigned NHL FA's at the conclusion of the draft? NHL teams have the choice of who (remaining after the draft) to sign, why aren't we given the same choice, rather than be subjected to the players NHL teams deemed worthy of a chance?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

7th rounders would be even more useless otherwise. Want a draft eligible player? draft him.

The more players are reserved for drafts (be it entry or waiver), the better on paper for bottom teams, as they have higher picks.

Also, it's not a big deal.. the people who took the time to address the eligility argument decided this way and it shouldn't be hard in this case for other GMs to live with it.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

7th Rounders are useless because few NHL'ers have ever come out of that round...Whether or not we allow FA signings post dispersal draft has no bearing on that, and frankly that is a very poor justification regardless.

Secondly, I don't give two shits about "the people who took the time to address the eligibility argument." I am taking the time to address it right now, and disagree. If you are going to make an argument, do so with fact and support, not reference to an earlier decision. Fuck the earlier decision...
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON7th Rounders are useless because few NHL'ers have ever come out of that round...Whether or not we allow FA signings post dispersal draft has no bearing on that, and frankly that is a very poor justification regardless.

Secondly, I don't give two shits about "the people who took the time to address the eligibility argument." I am taking the time to address it right now, and disagree. If you are going to make an argument, do so with fact and support, not reference to an earlier decision. Fuck the earlier decision...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I35wl5s37Zw[/youtube]
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

^ I wish...
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON7th Rounders are useless because few NHL'ers have ever come out of that round...
if anything, i think this confirms 2 points i made:
no need to make 7th rounders even less worthy.
no need to argue this much over such a minor thing.
fact is, there seem to be zero reasons in this case to re-address something the CC already addressed:
1-every CC member plus an admin already took part into the discussion and agreed with the resolution.
2-what you're arguing about it's a very minor thing.
3-the only argument you've made is not for the sake of our game but for the sake of realism, and what you want to bring back for the sake of realism is actually unrealistic as well, since NHL teams sign FA after negotiations, something we can't resemble without using open biddings.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Save for a few rare cases (Willie Coetzee), undrdafted FA's don't negotiate deals after the draft, they are offered try out contracts, and they either accept them or decline. If the team likes what they see, they sign the player. There is no open bidding for undrafted FA's...It is essentially on a first come, first serve basis.

Your first argument is just dumb. Not really much else to say about that.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to