[2018-19] Contract Slides

Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: [2018-19] Contract Slides

Post by Shoalzie »

Sorry, he's been on your roster all season...you had to do that before the season. Only time you can do that midseason is if a player signs after the start of the season or if you acquired a player that was previously not slid by their former team.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONSorry, he's been on your roster all season...you had to do that before the season. Only time you can do that midseason is if a player signs after the start of the season or if you acquired a player that was previously not slid by their former team.
Fair enough. But is this written somewhere? If not, it should be.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONSorry, he's been on your roster all season...you had to do that before the season. Only time you can do that midseason is if a player signs after the start of the season or if you acquired a player that was previously not slid by their former team.
Not up until a player plays 9 games like in nhl?
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It thought it was based on their career GP to start the season. It's not like you control how many games a guy plays but you can slide the contract as long as they entered the season with less than 10 games played and are under the age of 20.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Not up until a player plays 9 games like in nhl?
we haven't used GP limits for that matter. It's as simple as it gets: you can leave the player eligible for slide without a contract as far as you don't use him.
PLAYERS ELIGIBLE FOR SLIDE:
- 18 and 19 years old players (i.e. not turned 20 yet) as of October 1st who have not played 10 NHL games in their career yet.
- players with 0 NHL games that get signed during the season

HOW IT WORKS
GMs can leave those players without a contract on googledoc so that their contracts do not count towards the limit (50).
Whenever a GM decides to put one of those players in the active roster (lineup or bench) he needs to add his contract on googledoc and as a result from that moment onward that player will automatically add to the total number of contracts.
Once a player is given a contract on googledoc he loses his sliding eligibility for the rest of the season.

Bottom line, if you want the contract of a player to slide, the only thing you need to do is cancelling (or not adding) his contract on googledoc new spreadsheet (coming soon) for roster submission.
Obviously you can only do that for players eligible for contract slide. Those players will be recognizable on your googledoc thx to a new apposite column.
Please note that from roster submission onward, once the player's contract is added on googledoc you can't take it away anymore.
http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1206 ... 60#p190055

Only thing that changed from the rule announcement is the arrival of Scott's googledocs meant we have to ask for the slide rather than just not adding the contract ourselves. But I think that was made clear by Scott so it doesn't look to me like there was any room for misunderstanding.

As for our CBA.. again, no matter what it stated, whatever official announcement is made it rules on the matter until another different announcement on the same matter changes that.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Honestly, the easier thing would be to just make all players slide that are eligible and it's up to individual teams to "activate" the player during the season. It's a little more tedious to assign individual players their slide status before the season. If you put them in your lineup, their contract is active towards the 50 for the balance of the season.

The way I've done it is each team knows who is eligible to slide and they choose who to slide. We'll just remove that step from now on.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

yeah makes sense
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Nashville activates Heiskanen's contract
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Nashville activates Tolvanen's contract
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Gabe Fortier slid once his contract is added to the sheets
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

CapFriendly finally confirmed his contract...added.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

See Nate Schnarr contract finally updated slide plz Scott
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Montreal slides:

Paul Cotter
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Hey Scott,
Can you slide Toro for me please? Sheet is showing me as having 51 contracts, guess he signed in season.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Good catch, Lee...I'll correct that for you.

For next year, every player who is slide eligible will slide by default so you guys won't see your contract number go up when a slide-eligible player signs during the season. You guys will just have to indicate to me if you want to use the player in your lineup and then their contract will count towards your 50.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Please slide Quinn Hughes for NJD once his contract information becomes available. Just signed his ELC
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Unless anyone wants to play these late season signees, I'm just going to hold off on adding their contract info until after the season.

As I've said before with next year, all sliding contracts will slide by default. It'll be up to you to decide if you want to activate and play them.
BUTTON_TOPIC_LOCKED

Return to