Trade: DET-LA

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Trade: DET-LA

Post by Shoalzie »

To Detroit:
Brett Connolly

To Los Angeles:
Alexander Campbell
Pierre Engvall
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: Trade: DET-LA

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Confirm
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

... and this one makes zero sense for me. Wouldn't have done engvall straight up for connolly. SImilar per game stats. Engvall PK's, plays great, flies on the ice. Much better upside.

... anyways I'll stop now.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm not mad if someone thinks Engvall has more upside. I've been pleasantly surprised by his development and how he's come right into the NHL and has been a nice fit for the Leafs. Curious to see where he settles into considering their depth up front.

Connolly's production has tapered off after he was very good in October and November but he's still on 40+ point pace. Hopefully he can get back to scoring goals because that's something I'm lacking.

I figure at worst, this ends up being a wash. If Engvall goes off and eventually out-produces Connolly...I get a mild bit of satisfaction that he was a guy I drafted in a later round.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Like for Scott
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI'm not mad if someone thinks Engvall has more upside. I've been pleasantly surprised by his development and how he's come right into the NHL and has been a nice fit for the Leafs. Curious to see where he settles into considering their depth up front.

Connolly's production has tapered off after he was very good in October and November but he's still on 40+ point pace. Hopefully he can get back to scoring goals because that's something I'm lacking.

I figure at worst, this ends up being a wash. If Engvall goes off and eventually out-produces Connolly...I get a mild bit of satisfaction that he was a guy I drafted in a later round.
Fair enough man. Maybe it’s my leafs homerism and dislike of Connolly
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

I think Connolly still has a left in the tank, but like this for Steve at the moment. Engvall looks legit, but has only been in the league for a second and we see situations like this every year, where a prospect comes in hot, and fizzles out..
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Florida Chris wroteCOLONI think Connolly still has a left in the tank, but like this for Steve at the moment. Engvall looks legit, but has only been in the league for a second and we see situations like this every year, where a prospect comes in hot, and fizzles out..
Came in hot with 14 points in first 27 games.

Cooled off...1 point in past 20 games. Still kills penalties.

Will be interesting to see how both engvall and conolly do next year. I thought this was slightly tilted in Steve's favour, but now I'm not sure..may be in Scott's favour, or just fair.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Finding an NHL-caliber player in the late rounds of our draft is found money. Steve will have the benefit of being able to send him down waiver-free for another year until he gets rolling. Funny thing is his only goal in 2 months was against David Ayres. He seems like a talented player but I was happy finding a more established offensive player in return.

To me, I expect Connolly to be my 4th best offensive winger on my team behind Burakovsky, Gusev and van Riemsdyk. I have a few solid bottom 6 wingers like Archibald and Nieto and Okposo is serviceable but he's got that bad contract. I'd opt to move a bottom 6 winger for a more offensive one if the opportunity was there. Connolly is struggling offensively like Engvall...hasn't scored in close to a month.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to