Buffalo - Chicago

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Buffalo - Chicago

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONI personally think you would have won that deal, hawkes.

Smith+compher+3rd
For
Cholo+georgiev+2nd

That being said, Mik was in a very tough spot cap-wise, so he shouldnt be given a fair/fairish deal. He should have to lose a lot of value. Good for you for standing your ground. Good for kapg for getting a good deal. It's nice to see the top teams lose value to bottom teams once in a while.
Agree to disagree. I don't think a 21 year old #4 defender, a 23 year old NHL goalie with starter upside, and what is likely to be the 32nd pick in the draft is a wise investment for Smith and an NHL plug for a team like Chicago. For a contending team or a rebuilding team with plenty of assets looking to jump start their rebuild a bit sure, but Chicago has limited assets as it is and buying Smith at a price that he's unlikely to flip for anything more than a marginal profit at best is pointless for him.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONI personally think you would have won that deal, hawkes.

Smith+compher+3rd
For
Cholo+georgiev+2nd

That being said, Mik was in a very tough spot cap-wise, so he shouldnt be given a fair/fairish deal. He should have to lose a lot of value. Good for you for standing your ground. Good for kapg for getting a good deal. It's nice to see the top teams lose value to bottom teams once in a while.
Agree to disagree. I don't think a 21 year old #4 defender, a 23 year old NHL goalie with starter upside, and what is likely to be the 32nd pick in the draft is a wise investment for Smith and an NHL plug for a team like Chicago. For a contending team or a rebuilding team with plenty of assets looking to jump start their rebuild a bit sure, but Chicago has limited assets as it is and buying Smith at a price that he's unlikely to flip for anything more than a marginal profit at best is pointless for him.
Amen.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

love the 'Compher is a plug' concept in BBKL, lmao
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONYou at least seem a little butt hurt or there wouldn't have been much of a need to bring up Smith while Chicago was fapping over Fabbri. Also, maybe you should quit being disingenuous about shopping him to teams with cap. Maybe if you had shopped him to teams that both had cap and were looking to buy, then you may not have had to give him away.
I shopped him for months league-wise, so it doesn't look like you know what you're talking about
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLONYou at least seem a little butt hurt or there wouldn't have been much of a need to bring up Smith while Chicago was fapping over Fabbri. Also, maybe you should quit being disingenuous about shopping him to teams with cap. Maybe if you had shopped him to teams that both had cap and were looking to buy, then you may not have had to give him away.
I shopped him for months league-wise, so it doesn't look like you know what you're talking about
And your return was 2 draft picks. Do you think your two picks net a Cholowski or a Georgiev? Not likely. Looks like value-wise I made the right choice in this situation.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
And your return was 2 draft picks. Do you think your two picks net a Cholowski or a Georgiev? Not likely...
Actually I hope to get someone better, but that's not the point.
I got a good 2nd 2020 for Smith, the Cholowski-Georgiev deal was for Smith+Compher, so your comparison doesn't make any sense.
The fact you fail to recognize Compher is a good piece in this league is your problem and doesn't make him worthless
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
And your return was 2 draft picks. Do you think your two picks net a Cholowski or a Georgiev? Not likely...
Actually I hope to get someone better, but that's not the point.
I got a good 2nd 2020 for Smith, the Cholowski-Georgiev deal was for Smith+Compher, so your comparison doesn't make any sense.
The fact you fail to recognize Compher is a good piece in this league is your problem and doesn't make him worthless
It`s not that he`s worthless, it`s just that he isn`t worth it for me at this stage of my rebuild. And the likelyhood of getting someone better than my two players with that 2nd rounder is very low... but whatever works for you.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

look, I never said I had issues with you rejecting that offer.

I just think it would have been a no-brainer offering your 2nd for R.Smith considering you then made that 2nd available for Fabbri who was barely playing in STL & 38yrs old Hainsey .
And as everyone can see above, your public claim I made an outrageous Smith-offer to you is BS
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

You two sound like an old married couple. Kiss and make up
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLONlook, I never said I had issues with you rejecting that offer.

I just think it would have been a no-brainer offering your 2nd for R.Smith considering you then made that 2nd available for Fabbri who was barely playing in STL & 38yrs old Hainsey .
And as everyone can see above, your public claim I made an outrageous Smith-offer to you is BS
Agreed that Smith for my 2nd would have been a good deal - but that was not the offer, and I wasn't about to negotiate with someone whose initial offer was sky high. You don't approach a rebuilding team and ask them for their young prospects in exchange for roster players unless they are in desperate need for GP - which I no longer am (was). At least, this is not how I manage a rebuild. I do not want to be perpetually stuck in mediocrity because I acquired too many ''decent not great'' players and win too many categories during a week. I see alot of teams in this league are stuck in the middle, and I don't want that. Need to stay at the bottom and accumulate the top prospects - then I can go about acquiring the Comphers and Smiths of the world to fill out my roster.

Instead, I get two good players in Fabbri and Hainsey to help me out this year. Hainsey I can flip at the deadline and recoup some value lost from trading my 2nd. Or I can keep him as a GP piece which allows me to trade other players like Kempny. Both situations work for me.

I openly accept all criticism of my approach, just as I expect everyone to allow me to criticize theirs! It's part of the fun. It is for me anyways. Keep it coming Kyuss!
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

KapG wroteCOLONYou two sound like an old married couple. Kiss and make up
All in good fun here. No kissing required - I doubt Kyuss is all that pretty anyways ;)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON........
I openly accept all criticism of my approach, just as I expect everyone to allow me to criticize theirs! It's part of the fun. It is for me anyways. Keep it coming Kyuss!
all good, just didn't sound that way when I ventured making the original comment:
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLONstill doesn't look that good for CHI when NYR managed to get Reilly Smith for a similar price
Maybe if your initial asking prices weren't so damn outrageous, you wouldn't have to settle for pennies on the dollar and make comments like that.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Nah man. Anyone that allows themselves to actually get legitimately insulted online playing any sort of fantasy game should probably get some professional help.

Does not mean that I cannot be outraged by awful offers haha.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

7 points in 5 games + 1 period. Trade of the decade in chi-town.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

So far so good. Might actually have someone crack 30 points on my team!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't really like seeing the Wings at the bottom of the league as a team but you want to see promise out of the players they've been developing and kudos to Yzerman on this Fabbri deal working out so far. A young player getting more of an opportunity to shine somewhere else...you like seeing players take advantage of being in a new situation. I hope Perlini can click with the team as well. He's been okay so far but Fabbri has been one of the best players on the ice most nights since he's joined the Wings.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to