LAK - DET

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

LAK - DET

Post by The BBKL Insider »

To Los Angeles:
Adam Henrique
Kris Letang
Clayton Phillips

To Detroit:
Reilly Smith
Drew Doughty
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: LAK - DET

Post by Shoalzie »

Confirmed
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Fair. The doughty contract will be hard to re-move but this also helps him get a few years younger, which is helpful when Ur outta the playoffs.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Steve gets the better pieces and the add. Wew.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah, that's kinda the idea. I did also talk to Mik about Karlsson. I wondered if I could flip Letang with his "cost certainty" for a younger comparable player at a higher salary. I think the cap going up quite a bit, I'll be okay.

Since Nugent-Hopkins is moving back to center, then I'm covered there. I don't recall when the next review is. Smith came off IR today so he should be good to go for me next week.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLONFair. The doughty contract will be hard to re-move but this also helps him get a few years younger, which is helpful when Ur outta the playoffs.

Yeah, that's kinda the idea. I did also talk to Mik about Karlsson. I wondered if I could flip Letang with his "cost certainty" for a younger comparable player at a higher salary. I think the cap going up quite a bit, I'll be okay.

Since Nugent-Hopkins is moving back to center, then I'm covered there. I don't recall when the next review is. Smith came off IR today so he should be good to go for me next week.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONSteve gets the better pieces and the add. Wew.
Also saves a few mil next year too, don't really understand the add, but it's not like it's a big one.

Letang>Doughty and Henrique and Smith are similar but Cs are more valuable. I guess maybe Letang's health scares could be a reason to want to move off of him. Don't really buy the get younger reasoning when you are going from 31 to 29 and 28 to 27 it's not really significant.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

The add was about Letangs health.

Like Matt said, it's not like Clayton Phillips is a big add.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

I think 31 to 29 is a big gap in our league for age. The 3 triggers people. And that add is worthless in comparison to this deal.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Interesting, I definitely prefer the LA side but a lot of that is I believe Letang is much healthier now than he has been in the past. Guess we'll see
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONI think 31 to 29 is a big gap in our league for age. The 3 triggers people. And that add is worthless in comparison to this deal.
It's barely a gap at all. Also doesn't negate the fact that LA got bo th of the better pieces and saves on future cap. I'm not really sure what the point of this deal is for Scott. At best it's a lateral move in which he had to add to get. Pretty sure the idea of a retool/rebuild is to gain value and additional assets long term. This deal does neither for Scott.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Scott drinking the kimmer kool-aid??
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONI think 31 to 29 is a big gap in our league for age. The 3 triggers people. And that add is worthless in comparison to this deal.
It's barely a gap at all. Also doesn't negate the fact that LA got bo th of the better pieces and saves on future cap. I'm not really sure what the point of this deal is for Scott. At best it's a lateral move in which he had to add to get. Pretty sure the idea of a retool/rebuild is to gain value and additional assets long term. This deal does neither for Scott.
I guess that depends whether u think Letang is a better piece. I'd take doughty over Letang for the same price.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

I like it for Detroit. Two buy-low options in a re-tooling year. Both should be more valuable next year IMO.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
I guess that depends whether u think Letang is a better piece. I'd take doughty over Letang for the same price.

Ppg spg hpg bpg shtoi
.656 2.54 1.63 1.52 1:43 Letang
.545 2.15 1.77 1.29 2:14 Doughty

Doughty is the better piece though eh? Not even taking into account the difference in stats this season or the nearly 4mil gap in cap hit starting next season.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Massive deal. Fair
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to