CHI - NJ

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Re: CHI - NJ

Post by Da_Hawks »

Loki wroteCOLONSent on Fantrax btw :)
Yup. Will respond shortly! Thanks
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Lee should have been all over this!
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

I offered more than this for Rinne and was turned down. I don't want or need either. Saros is just fine.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Lee and I did talk Hank a couple of months back but couldn’t get close on price. Tough market to move an older goalie in
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLONI offered more than this for Rinne and was turned down. I don't want or need either. Saros is just fine.
Not so sure you will be right about this. Saros won't get more than 25 starts this year. Saros is still waiver exempt and they've been yo-yoing him over the past few years. There is no reason they won't do that again. Regardless of his contract being a one-way or not.

You are risking alot riding a bunch of backups for one year. VERY risky.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

So that means I need... 8? Starts out of Forsberg, Montoya and Lindgren. I'll be ok.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLONSo that means I need... 8? Starts out of Forsberg, Montoya and Lindgren. I'll be ok.
And what happens if Rinne re-signs for 2-3 years? You still going to run with your trio while trying to compete? Juggling your goalies every week? Seems like there is an easier solution...
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Saros should reach you your 35 starts alone. I wouldn't be worried.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Yeah I doubt they will be parading the corpse of Rinne out there for that long with Saros riding pine.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Malette18 wroteCOLONSaros should reach you your 35 starts alone. I wouldn't be worried.
I'm not so sure that's going to be the case this year. Perhaps next year... but Rinne isn't going anywhere any time soon. The man bleeds Nashville colours and will be there as long as he can possibly play. That and they will keep him around to mentor Juuse afterwards - Pekka's his idol afterall.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Blah blah blah. We get it.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLONSaros should reach you your 35 starts alone. I wouldn't be worried.
I'm not so sure that's going to be the case this year. Perhaps next year... but Rinne isn't going anywhere any time soon. The man bleeds Nashville colours and will be there as long as he can possibly play. That and they will keep him around to mentor Juuse afterwards - Pekka's his idol afterall.
Ya I wouldn't be surprised if its a 60/40 split. Saros will be the starter one day, I'm not saying it's now but it will happen and it would be logical that they will give their future starter more games year over year in preparation for that.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONBlah blah blah. We get it.
Shhhhhh. Let me rant. It's fun, mmmkay? :D
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

By the end of our regular season? What is the threshold we are at an the start of the playoffs? 60-65 games? If it's a 50/50 or 60/40 split that is a razor thin margin.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Lee wroteCOLONI offered more than this for Rinne and was turned down. I don't want or need either. Saros is just fine.
No worries he killed Pekka trade value with that move
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
By the end of our regular season? What is the threshold we are at an the start of the playoffs? 60-65 games? If it's a 50/50 or 60/40 split that is a razor thin margin.
Yea didn't really think much there. 35 out of 82 is what I meant. Didn't really consider our season being shorter.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON
No worries he killed Pekka trade value with that move
Beautiful thing about Pekka is that he'll always have value to me. His high salary keeps me above the cap floor this year, and if he re-signs on a multi-year deal - even as a back-up, he'll have value as a GP eater.

Meanwhile, if a contender's goalie goes down - I'm just a quick PM away with an elite goalie waiting to go to a winner.

I'm not in any rush.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Awww forgot you had saros
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
Philly looks ready to compete. They should be going for a stud in net, not a smurf!
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
Philly looks ready to compete. They should be going for a stud in net, not a smurf!

You're free to post Boedker and Petruzelli when you change your mind.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to