FLA/NSH

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

FLA/NSH

Post by Florida Chris »

To Nashville

2018 4th Rounder (BUF)
2018 5th Rounder (PIT)

To Florida

2019 3rd Rounder (WSH)
2019 6th Rounder (NSH)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: FLA/NSH

Post by kyuss »

Florida Chris wroteCOLONTo Nashville

2018 4th Rounder (BUF) - #124
2018 5th Rounder (PIT) - #140

To Florida

2019 3rd Rounder (WSH)
2019 6th Rounder (NSH)
confirmed

despite 2018 4th Rounder (BUF) being the lower 4th rounder in my hands, 2018 4th Rounder (WSH) goes to DAL instead (being a better pick than the originally appointed NSH's 4th) to satisfy the condition in the Turris deal:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14122&p=289758#p289758
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Didn't you already have a 4th? So you go out and trade for the last pick in the 4th? Lol. Jesus.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

more like I wanted to add picks and Chris happened to be the one willing to deal 2018s for 2019s..
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Sure...
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

you found others? if so let me know
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Curious...why did you trade a pick that you had involved in a conditional trade? Is Will going to an accept a later pick?
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONCurious...why did you trade a pick that you had involved in a conditional trade? Is Will going to an accept a later pick?
A very good question.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONCurious...why did you trade a pick that you had involved in a conditional trade? Is Will going to an accept a later pick?
I don’t remember, might be because it was going to be a very late pick anyway, hence I thought of it as easily replaceable later on with any other 4th, or I outright forgot such pick was under condition
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Are conditions tied to a specific pick? I though it just had to be a 4th.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Malette18 wroteCOLONAre conditions tied to a specific pick? I though it just had to be a 4th.
Check again.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

yeah, unless darkness says ok...its pretty explicit which 4th u owe him, or an earlier pick...
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I thought picks were usually any pick in the round unless the trade specifies which team the pick is from, not sure if that was the case here.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

that was the case here.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Considering he traded for wash pick few days ago and it’s literally one spot ahead where miks originally 4th falls that he traded away, then he proceeds to trade for the last possible pick in the 4th although couple spots less that what was owed and immediately just offers that up as the pick he owes I think it’s pretty obvious what the goal was here lol
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Bruyns wroteCOLONI thought picks were usually any pick in the round unless the trade specifies which team the pick is from, not sure if that was the case here.
Those conditions were set by Mik not by me. He wanted specific picks
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

First of all, there is a reason I wanted specific picks in the deal:

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1206 ... ons#p78253
A new policy regulating trades and conditions has been approved by the CC:

-cannot trade assets you don't own
going strictly by our rules, putting a generic pick in a deal is not even allowed, you need to put in the deal a pick you own.

There has still been the tendency to have unspecified picks involved in deals/conditions, but here I'm basically getting attacked for playing it by the book back then, and that's even if the specified pick was a very late one.

To my memory, it is the first time replacing a very late pick with another very late pick is not considered fine.

Luckily I also have pick #121, so DAL GM can have that pick to address everyone's concerns.
It might be the first time someone with multiple picks in one round (or even more so, in the same narrow area) gives out the better one to fulfill a condition. Not that It would be wrong anyway, I was the one at fault for trading NSH 4th.
I think it’s pretty obvious what the goal was here lol
the goal was adding another pick in the area, since one was due your way.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

That was a post from 2011, I don't remember that rule ever being invoked. I just recently had a trade with Vegas to satisfy a condition and it was listed as a generic pick and no one mentioned anything about it.

At least you have that 121 pick, but going by that rule you should have never been allowed to trade the NSH pick as it was already in play.
Last edited by 2 on Bruyns, edited 0 times in total.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

kyuss wroteCOLONFirst of all, there is a reason I wanted specific picks in the deal:

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1206 ... ons#p78253
A new policy regulating trades and conditions has been approved by the CC:

-cannot trade assets you don't own
going strictly by our rules, putting a generic pick in a deal is not even allowed, you need to put in the deal a pick you own.

There has still been the tendency to have unspecified picks involved in deals/conditions, but here I'm basically getting attacked for playing it by the book back then, and that's even if the specified pick was a very late one.

To my memory, it is the first time replacing a very late pick with another very late pick is not considered fine.

Luckily I also have pick #121, so DAL GM can have that pick to address everyone's concerns.

It might be the first time someone with multiple picks in one round (or even more so, in the same narrow area) gives out the better one to fulfill a condition. Not that It would be wrong anyway, I was the one at fault for trading NSH 4th.
I think it’s pretty obvious what the goal was here lol
the goal was adding another pick in the area, since one was due your way.
You're not playing it by the book here anymore than a generic pick would. You can include a generic pick understanding that you cannot move an asset you do not own later, so, so long as you own a 4th or multiple 4ths it wouldn't matter which one is used to satisfy a conditional trade unless it is made specific in the original trade.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Bruyns wroteCOLONThat was a post from 2011, I don't remember that rule ever being invoked. I just recently had a trade with Vegas to satisfy a condition and it was listed as a generic pick and no one mentioned anything about it.
that’s what I am saying, we have a rule in place that people are fine amending when they make their deals, yet when I care about it and specify the pick rather than saying 4th rounder, people becomes super strict with the similar pick I give back?
Bruyns wroteCOLONAt least you have that 121 pick, but going by that rule you should have never been allowed to trade the NSH pick as it was already in play.
forgetting about a conditioned pick and trading it is a mistake, my fault as I said.
Putting a generic 4th rounder in a deal when you don’t have one goes against the rule not by mistake.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to