Trade: ANA-DET

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Trade: ANA-DET

Post by Shoalzie »

To Anaheim:
Caleb Jones
Kole Lind
2019 2nd Rounder (DET)
2019 3rd Rounder (DET)
2018 5th Rounder (CAR)

To Detroit:
Mike Green
2019 5th Rounder (CAR)
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Trade: ANA-DET

Post by Matthew »

Confirm.

Scott is currently in a playoff position and just added scandella and green. His team is getting dangerous.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Full marks to Matthew for his willingness to adjust the deal to involve different pieces. I had the Scandella and Green talks going at the same time with basically the same parts involved. Really appreciate his willingness to press on even if he wasn't getting exactly what he wanted. Thankfully I have the cap room to accommodate both players.

Positives for me...I now have a solid corps of 6 defensemen. Green gives me the offense I'm looking for with similar blocks and hits to Scandella. To be where I'm at in the standings without a full compliment of active defensemen...I'm hoping I can improve now that I have a complete group. Plus, I hang onto that 2nd rounder that I just got from Mik.

I lose a lot of futures in these two trades...and it'll be a while until I can recoup those losses. Prospect pool took a beating but I think I'm a pretty good drafter with mid-round picks. I'm probably not going to be able to make big splashy additions.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

You have lots of good ncaa prospects I've noticed that you seem to have drafted.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Easier for me in the States to follow the NCAA than the CHL or Europe. I see what programs players are going to and you an idea of what kind of player they are. Programs have a style of play and caliber of player they recruit. I do like drafting NCAA (bound) goalies...wish more would be taken in the NHL draft though.

A guy like Guentzel for instance. I knew he was a good college player while being undersized but you don't know where he fits in with an established team like Pittsburgh and does he just become a career AHL where he racks up numbers down there but can't hack in the NHL. Obviously, that hasn't been the case so far.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Can’t stop won’t stop
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I will beat detroit
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I welcome all challengers...this beats settling for a lottery pick.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Thought the Scandella trade made some sense, but with Green now too I think it might be a little too much in futures to pay for 2 D that might help you get into the playoffs. You know your window to contend isn't now and might have made more sense to wait until next year to make moves like this.

I get the allure of climbing out of the basement so hard to find fault in you wanting to improve.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to