Chris Kunitz

Let Shep and others show off there great work they have done for the BBKL Community!
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: Chris Kunitz

Post by The BBKL Insider »

ref's dont help

lets just call every stupid thing we can on the leafs.

I need to become a Ref and make sure i work every leaf game. I'd make up for the stupid calls by not calling anything against the leafs.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

Made a better one!
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Thats sick dude
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

it was a joke. and a true statement, playing on the word choice of elite. Crosby is in the top 100 centres in the world, etc.

In terms of better wingers, you're purely stats based, and his are insanely inflated compared to his skillset because of who he plays with. What he does is a fill a role, on a team that cannot spend big cap or value on a winger spot that doesn't require high-end skill. Dupuis, Kunitz, Bennett, Cooke, what do they have in common that allows them to play on Sid's wing? Work ethic & good skating - to try and keep up with Crosby, he does the rest.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Nick wroteCOLONit was a joke. and a true statement, playing on the word choice of elite. Crosby is in the top 100 centres in the world, etc.

In terms of better wingers, you're purely stats based, and his are insanely inflated compared to his skillset because of who he plays with. What he does is a fill a role, on a team that cannot spend big cap or value on a winger spot that doesn't require high-end skill. Dupuis, Kunitz, Bennett, Cooke, what do they have in common that allows them to play on Sid's wing? Work ethic & good skating - to try and keep up with Crosby, he does the rest.
You are the biggest fanboy on the planet. No one is arguing that Crosby is the best player on that line. But you are a fool if you think Kunitz is simply "trying to keep up with Sidney."

I repeat, you cannot be the Top Line winger of 2 Stanley Cup Teams and be treated as someone who rides coattails.

Coincidentally, HNIC did a brief bio on Chris Kunitz yesterday during the game. See below:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/CBC%27s ... 341800796/

You do not seem to get how valuable he is.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Comical that's how you read that statement by me. Please continue to remove context and form your argument on segments, see how far that gets you.

Remove Kunitz from Pits ( or ana in those days), place on these teams,or place these wingers in his place and where does he rank in terms of winger importance/impact/skill, suddenly the list is much bigger:

NJD - Kovalchuk, Elias
NYR - Gaborik, Nash, Callahan
NYI - none xxxx Michael Grabner & Moulson sure seems to be similar
PHI - Hartnell xxxx Voracek
PIT - Neal

Northeast

BOS - Lucic xxxx Horton, Seguin, Marchand,
BUF - Vanek, Pominville xxx Stafford
MTL - Pacioretty xxxx Ryder, Gionta,
OTT - none XXXX alfie? Michalek. Silfverberg -
TOR - Kessel, xxxx Lupul, JvR

Southeast

CAR - Semin, xxxx Skinner, Jokinen, Ruutu
FLA - none maybe not...
TBL - Martin St. Louis xxx Purcell, Conacher
WSH - Ovechkin, xxxx your boi Brouwer is a similar player,
WPG - Evander Kane, xxxx Blake Wheeler, Andrew Ladd

Central

CHI - Hossa, Kane xxx Sharp
CLB - none xxxx Prospal
DET - none xxxx Franzen, Filppula
NSH - none xxxx Erat, Wislon
STL - Oshie, Perron,xxxxx Stewart is Kunitz+, Steen, Tarasenko*, MacDonald (speaking of ana days)

Northeast

CGY - Iginla, Hudler, Cammy
COL - Landeskog,
EDM - Hall, Eberle, Yak,
MIN - Parise, Heaters,
VAN - Daniel Sedin, Burrows,

Pacific

ANA - Perry, xxxx Ryan, Seleanne,
DAL - Jagr, Eriksson xxxx cole
LAK - Carter, Brown, xxxx Williams,
PHX - Doan, xxxx Boedker , Vrbata
SJS - Marleau, Pavelski

He's good, he's earned his toi, and his points are sick as fuck. their not from his game though, like Hartnell and so many others, he fits a role that can be filled by players a lot like him. Not every guy on his team can fit there, but there are lots of players around the league, that in the same circumstance, could do the same sorta work. IMO. And then there are players who do their own work - many of whom we've listed here. Guys who lead their team/line.

it's like being with the sedin's or Jumbo or dats... you don't get a 5M+ deal that your points warrant, why? because he is replaceable.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Kunitz is blatantly better than 90% of the players you just listed. But I would try to fill up that list with players to fit my argument too. The only fair players you added were Seguin, Sharp and Ryan. Kunitz is better than the rest with ease though I realize someone else with a different bias might have a list of 3-4 more players added.

Anyways - this isn't going to change anything...You think Crosby is a God and for that reason think that a Top 30 Winger rides his coattails. The end.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Pretty good day just now
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Nick wroteCOLONPretty good day just now
Yeah, I think he heard we were having a debate or something ;).
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to