Los Angeles Kings : James van Riemsdyk

Let Shep and others show off there great work they have done for the BBKL Community!
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Los Angeles Kings : James van Riemsdyk

Post by Shep »

Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Los Angeles Kings : James van Riemsdyk

Post by shooker »

Thats really sick. I'd like it more if it was of a good player but that doesn't take away from the awesome banner itself.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Shooks a nuck fann he doesn't know!
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Btw! That is sick shep! You're A+
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

reamer is a beauty, hope his full game finally translates into the show.
Phion Keneuf
PostsCOLON 844
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by Phion Keneuf »

Nick wroteCOLONreamer is a beauty, hope his full game finally translates into the show.
it will, just maybe not immediately next season

if he plays with Kessel he's fine
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

their combined lack of board battle and effort away from the puck seriously scares me.
Phion Keneuf
PostsCOLON 844
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by Phion Keneuf »

Nick wroteCOLONtheir combined lack of board battle and effort away from the puck seriously scares me.
dont worry, Connolly will fix it :mrgreen:

lol... jks
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLONtheir combined lack of board battle and effort away from the puck seriously scares me.
JVR and Lupul are exceptional along the boards, it's really only Kessel that lacks in that area, but he more than makes up for it with his transition game, speed, and ability to find open areas on the ice.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Kareem says it best!

Jvr is sundin v2
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Now Lupul and JvR are exceptional on board battles? Joff is okay, big and strong but not always committed to the hit, BUT JvR in my viewings however, has a tendency to lack effort on the boards made worse as he isn't on the gritty side.

Being good at one part of the game doesn't make you criticism exempt in others. Phil's board battles suck because of effort and heart, not because he couldn't be good.

Grabo, Kules, Mac, Bozak, and the depth guys all put in the effort and commitment to get the puck out, to win their 1 on 1 battle - i believe anyone who plays hockey at least a little, knows the feeling of a teammate or a line-mate that fails to put in the work along the boards. It's f-ing demoralizing and embarrassing to watch - but i expect Carly to change some of our weak-assness the same way he got Getz and Ryan committed to the board battles, and the whole team will be better for it.

sorry, putting the leaf-blinders back on.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

JVR is fucking terrible.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Nick wroteCOLONNow Lupul and JvR are exceptional on board battles? Joff is okay, big and strong but not always committed to the hit, BUT JvR in my viewings however, has a tendency to lack effort on the boards made worse as he isn't on the gritty side.

Being good at one part of the game doesn't make you criticism exempt in others. Phil's board battles suck because of effort and heart, not because he couldn't be good.

Grabo, Kules, Mac, Bozak, and the depth guys all put in the effort and commitment to get the puck out, to win their 1 on 1 battle - i believe anyone who plays hockey at least a little, knows the feeling of a teammate or a line-mate that fails to put in the work along the boards. It's f-ing demoralizing and embarrassing to watch - but i expect Carly to change some of our weak-assness the same way he got Getz and Ryan committed to the board battles, and the whole team will be better for it.

puck possession along the boards is a BIG part of ice hockey and it goes on to take up a lot of the ice time in-game variable between the kind of games both teams play, but what I do know is that board battle requires tremendous amount of energy and brute strength to an extent to actually win it, and that is the effort I believe Nick refers to, and it is fucking HARD to win board battles. Imagine four 6'4" 230lbs of muscle contesting you to out-strengthen you out of the boards for 2 minutes on skates.. u dont have the energy left to dash towards goal and make that perfect deke to a goal. Guys who focus on scoring a lot usually really don't bother hard with the boards because they HAVE to conserve their energy for the rush/outlet pass that comes out of the boards, and whilst I understand that concept, there are only handful of those elites who have the stamina and poise to fight the boards AND score within the same play and THAT, a teammate appreciates watching :)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLONNow Lupul and JvR are exceptional on board battles? Joff is okay, big and strong but not always committed to the hit, BUT JvR in my viewings however, has a tendency to lack effort on the boards made worse as he isn't on the gritty side.

Were watching different players then, because the JVR I've seen excels on the board, its the other aspects of his offensive game that lack refinement. Exceptional is a hyperbole, but neither struggle with that aspect of their game, and as I alluded with JVR I think it's one of the stronger components of his game.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

I like the JVR sig
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to