The Open at St. Andrews

All talk regarding sports at any level!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

The Open at St. Andrews

Post by KapG »

Well ladies and gents. I know there are a bunch of golf fans on these boards so I felt that I should start up a thread for "The Open".

It's once again back at the birth place of golf, St. Andrews. This should make Tiger fans very comfortable going into this Major as he has ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED at the Old course unlike perhaps anyone, ever.

Lucky me too, I will be able to watch it all live as I am currently collecting EI! muahahahahahahahaha

Cheers peeps!

Oh yeah...Go Tiger!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Re: The Open at St. Andrews

Post by KapG »

A nice read from ESPN for you guys.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... rtCat=golf

One part really hit on me when I read it and I think it sums up my feelings perfectly right now about how i feel about Tiger. Bare with me here...this is not me trying to criticize him or anything like that...

"But once, just once, I'd like for Woods to walk into the interview room, dial down the defense shields and, when asked the inevitable question about the post-scandal Tiger, say something like: "I'm not asking for sympathy; I don't deserve that. But I'm hurting. And it's hard to play golf -- it's hard to do anything -- when your life is upside down, when you realize the impact of your actions. You guys want to take your shots? Fair enough. But this is real life, with real people. If any of you have ever had marital problems, you know what I'm talking about. It's hard and I'm just trying to put my life -- and the life of my kids -- back together. You don't have to respect me. All I'm asking is that you respect what I'm trying to do. Deal?"

Anyways, go Tiger!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to