2010 US Open @ Pebble Beach

All talk regarding sports at any level!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

2010 US Open @ Pebble Beach

Post by KapG »

Well ladies and gents, I think this tourney is probably my second favorite golf tournement to watch just behind the masters.

I just feel so funny watching golf right now. I use to be the biggest Tigger fan in the world but now after all this bizznazzz came out bout him, I really find myself not giving a shit about anything golf related right now.

This is coming from someone who worked at a private golf club with the pro shop from the age of 13-23 too lol and would watch tape delayed golf events just to see Tiger play. I still like to watch his game but I just find myself having no real interest in the person Tiger Woods anymore.

Anyways, I don't really wanna turn this into a masssive Tiger discussion lol so I will just shut up now and say...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

What a beautiful course Pebble is in Hi-Definition too. WOW.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Re: 2010 US Open @ Pebble Beach

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I'm still a HUGE Tiger Woods fan, most people don't know this about me but he's my real role model (not MSP), has been since I was 5. He manned up to what he did, and took full responsibility, he has since changed his ways and become a better person for it. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how we learn from them that matters, and from what I can see Tiger has lost alot. Besides, I'm a fan of the Tiger Woods the golf player, not Tiger Woods the person.

Anywho...Can't wait to get this tourney started, Tiger is in a tough pairing with the big Ez, he will need to get out to a good start and establish his driving game immiediately. He CANNOT afford to miss the fairway consistently on this course...
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Tiger is going to take it down.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI'm still a HUGE Tiger Woods fan, most people don't know this about me but he's my real role model (not MSP), has been since I was 5. He manned up to what he did, and took full responsibility, he has since changed his ways and become a better person for it. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how we learn from them that matters, and from what I can see Tiger has lost alot. Besides, I'm a fan of the Tiger Woods the golf player, not Tiger Woods the person.

Anywho...Can't wait to get this tourney started, Tiger is in a tough pairing with the big Ez, he will need to get out to a good start and establish his driving game immiediately. He CANNOT afford to miss the fairway consistently on this course...

dude, he only manned up because he got CAUGHT lol.

PS..he deserves to lose everything he lost...including custody of his children! He slept around with HUNDREDS of women including his neighbours 20 something year old, while his wife was pregnant with the twins too for crying out loud. If he wasn't caught he'd still be out dicking everything that moves.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI'm still a HUGE Tiger Woods fan, most people don't know this about me but he's my real role model (not MSP), has been since I was 5. He manned up to what he did, and took full responsibility, he has since changed his ways and become a better person for it. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how we learn from them that matters, and from what I can see Tiger has lost alot. Besides, I'm a fan of the Tiger Woods the golf player, not Tiger Woods the person.

PS..he deserves to lose everything he lost...including custody of his children! He slept around with HUNDREDS of women including his neighbours 20 something year old, while his wife was pregnant with the twins too for crying out loud. If he wasn't caught he'd still be out dicking everything that moves.
Kap...The only time ANYONE ever changes an addiction/habit/bad behaviour is when their caught...The important thing is how he has turned around his life since then. Besides, are you a fan of Tiger Woods the golfer, or Tiger Woods the person? I find it hard to believe that the latter is true given that neither of us know him outside of golf.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON

Kap...The only time ANYONE ever changes an addiction/habit/bad behaviour is when their caught...The important thing is how he has turned around his life since then. Besides, are you a fan of Tiger Woods the golfer, or Tiger Woods the person? I find it hard to believe that the latter is true given that neither of us know him outside of golf.
When you are in the public eye like he is all the time and using that good ol' family image that he was using to bank millions off endorsements then this personal stuff definitely needs to be part of his public perception.

Now, to answer your first point. To say that the only time ANYONE ever changes an addiction/habit/bad behaviour is when they are caught is quite the comment to make Kareem, you should think about that for a moments time. Eminem being the perfect example, he has stopped using all the hard drugs that he was on for most of his career because he was just tired of the life he was living. Everyone already knew he was a drug addict addicted to popping E and shit, was no surprise and that never stopped him. It was a personal decision to make.

As for Tiger, I was obviously a fan of Tiger Woods the human, not just the athlete. I had no idea he was this pig who was going around fucking hundreds of women while his wife is pregnant/taking care of the twins. Sickening! When I found out it was all true it was like my favorite person in the whole world was just a big fucking lie lol, brutal man. Liked the guy since his amateur days, that would make me like 11...12 years old man!
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Ok let me rephrase, the only time people change their actions is when they hit rock bottom, for Tiger that was when he was caught. The important thing to note is that he didn't come out and appologise immediately after the incident, he took his time, reflected on his life, watched those around him, including his business ventures crumble and leave. He handled things like a man, and not only took responsbility for his actions, but took the steps neccasarry to turn his life around.

No offense Kyle, but who the fuck are you to judge him after all that? You don't have that right, I don't have that right, no one does. We ALL fuck up in different ways, I think it's pretty hypocritical to call one wrong doing more corrup than another, for example you do drugs in my culture thats on par with adultery, but you don't see me judging you or anyone else, were human, mistakes will happen, what is important is how we rebound from it. Thus far I've been impressed with Woods actions.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONOk let me rephrase, the only time people change their actions is when they hit rock bottom, for Tiger that was when he was caught. The important thing to note is that he didn't come out and appologise immediately after the incident, he took his time, reflected on his life, watched those around him, including his business ventures crumble and leave. He handled things like a man, and not only took responsbility for his actions, but took the steps neccasarry to turn his life around.

No offense Kyle, but who the fuck are you to judge him after all that? You don't have that right, I don't have that right, no one does. We ALL fuck up in different ways, I think it's pretty hypocritical to call one wrong doing more corrup than another, for example you do drugs in my culture thats on par with adultery, but you don't see me judging you or anyone else, were human, mistakes will happen, what is important is how we rebound from it. Thus far I've been impressed with Woods actions.
He is a celebrity in the public eye, making money off of a squeaky clean image, an act he performed ridiculously well for YEARS! I think I have the right to judge him. It's not like he is just some private individual like you and I, he makes money off of being famous and in the public.

lol @ you calling me smoking fucking weed doing drugs lol and even comparing it to adultery lol. Get real.

and no he hasn't handled things like a man! He has hidden behind his agents and PR reps the whole fucking time lol. His controlled PR interviews and little speeches have been so well guarded it's not even funny. You think he would have to face a tough question or two..nope lol.

Anyways, everyone deserves a second chance to an extent and Tiger is no different I suppose. It's just gonna take me some time (LOL).
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

Is Mikey Weir playing? If so, go Mikey!!

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Raptactics wroteCOLONIs Mikey Weir playing? If so, go Mikey!!

Mikey weir was at one point tied for the lead at -1 when he finished his round. Had it to -3 but boggied the last 2 holes. The last hole was a brutal bogey too :(.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONOk let me rephrase, the only time people change their actions is when they hit rock bottom, for Tiger that was when he was caught. The important thing to note is that he didn't come out and appologise immediately after the incident, he took his time, reflected on his life, watched those around him, including his business ventures crumble and leave. He handled things like a man, and not only took responsbility for his actions, but took the steps neccasarry to turn his life around.

He is a celebrity in the public eye, making money off of a squeaky clean image, an act he performed ridiculously well for YEARS! I think I have the right to judge him. It's not like he is just some private individual like you and I, he makes money off of being famous and in the public.

lol @ you calling me smoking fucking weed doing drugs lol and even comparing it to adultery lol. Get real.

and no he hasn't handled things like a man! He has hidden behind his agents and PR reps the whole fucking time lol. His controlled PR interviews and little speeches have been so well guarded it's not even funny. You think he would have to face a tough question or two..nope lol.

Anyways, everyone deserves a second chance to an extent and Tiger is no different I suppose. It's just gonna take me some time (LOL).
He got money for being an athlete, not maintaining a squeaky clean image, make no mistakes...And no, you don't have the right to judge him, unless you can honestly admit to having done nothing wrong in your lifetime you don't have the right to judge anyone, nor do I, or anyone else for that matter.

The drugs comment was merely an example, I don't know you as a person, merely giving an example. Everything is relative, to a Muslim like myself drugs of any kind are equivalent to adultery. Would it not be idiotic of me to hate on you, or judge because you smoke? Of course it would...
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Every person in the public eye, athletes especially have a right to be judged. It comes with the territory.

Whether thats fair, or just is a different story.

Tiger came across as a clean cut, honest family man whose a dominate golfer. Turns out hes only that last part.
If your purely a sports fan you only need that, but to the rest of us you have a right to feel duped. It sucks its part of life though, he isn't the first athlete to do it and won't be the last.
Hes chosen to ignore most of it, and will get back to work on the greens. Good for him, everyone deserves a second chance, and while we were all duped none of us know the man personally.

At the end of the day his skill is undeniable, you can hate him as a person but you must respect him as a golfer.
Roster
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

inferno31 wroteCOLONEvery person in the public eye, athletes especially have a right to be judged. It comes with the territory.

Whether thats fair, or just is a different story.

Tiger came across as a clean cut, honest family man whose a dominate golfer. Turns out hes only that last part.
If your purely a sports fan you only need that, but to the rest of us you have a right to feel duped. It sucks its part of life though, he isn't the first athlete to do it and won't be the last.
Hes chosen to ignore most of it, and will get back to work on the greens. Good for him, everyone deserves a second chance, and while we were all duped none of us know the man personally.

At the end of the day his skill is undeniable, you can hate him as a person but you must respect him as a golfer.

You are right about that, I can't really stand looking at him and his phony smiles but I love watching him swing a golf club, that is for sure. Still the prettiest swing on the planet IMO!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON

He got money for being an athlete, not maintaining a squeaky clean image, make no mistakes...And no, you don't have the right to judge him, unless you can honestly admit to having done nothing wrong in your lifetime you don't have the right to judge anyone, nor do I, or anyone else for that matter.

The drugs comment was merely an example, I don't know you as a person, merely giving an example. Everything is relative, to a Muslim like myself drugs of any kind are equivalent to adultery. Would it not be idiotic of me to hate on you, or judge because you smoke? Of course it would...
Lets agree to disagree.

Especially with your drug comment.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Neel there is a difference between being in the public eye and being judged, and having the right to judge someone. I am arguing the latter, not the former...

And ye, lets agree to disagree Kappo.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONNeel there is a difference between being in the public eye and being judged, and having the right to judge someone. I am arguing the latter, not the former...

dude.

TELL ME YOU SAW THAT 18 BY TIGER YESTERDAY?!

looked like Vintage 2000 Tiger man!!!

What a final day it is going to be today :D!!
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONNeel there is a difference between being in the public eye and being judged, and having the right to judge someone. I am arguing the latter, not the former...

dude.

TELL ME YOU SAW THAT 18 BY TIGER YESTERDAY?!

looked like Vintage 2000 Tiger man!!!

What a final day it is going to be today :D!!
I know dude!!!! Today is going to be so sik, Tiger in the hunt for a US open on Sunday (he better be wearing red), and Brazil v. Ivory Coast! And I have soccer at 7!!!And I have soccer at 7, today is going to be EPIC
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to