CONTACTCOLON

The Natural

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: The Natural

Post by Nick »

what's this... i have a spike on my "bust" meter.

cocky little (big) fucker he is too... but god damn 570ft.... wtf....
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONwhat's this... i have a spike on my "bust" meter.

cocky little (big) fucker he is too... but god damn 570ft.... wtf....
I know eh...Who the fuck hits a 570 ft HR, at 16 no less...And he hit .667 in his final year of HS ball, that's just unfair.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

aluminum bats guys. He doesn't hit them that far with wood.

And he is clearly a truck for 16...probably steroids ;)...I hear it gets used in High schools quite a bit actually.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

KapG wroteCOLONaluminum bats guys. He doesn't hit them that far with wood.

And he is clearly a truck for 16...probably steroids ;)...I hear it gets used in High schools quite a bit actually.

was he swinging alum in the park? i don't want to watch vid again.

and roids are everywhere in high school...LOL
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

Ya, I remember hearing about this kid last year.. he looks to be an absolute stallion!! I wish the Jays were in line to grab this kid

Who has the 1st pick anyway? Pittsburgh?

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Aliminum in TB...He hit 570 with wood. The aliminum bat is still fregging impressive, you have to realize that one the ball probably traveled about 550 (taking into account that Tropicana field is a dome) and two that he was 16 at the time.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Raptactics wroteCOLONYa, I remember hearing about this kid last year.. he looks to be an absolute stallion!! I wish the Jays were in line to grab this kid

Washington...They're gonna have Strasburg, Zimmerman and Harper, not a bad core to build around, lol.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Raptactics wroteCOLONYa, I remember hearing about this kid last year.. he looks to be an absolute stallion!! I wish the Jays were in line to grab this kid

Washington...They're gonna have Strasburg, Zimmerman and Harper, not a bad core to build around, lol.
Ya, insanity

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

It's the equivalent of drafting Crosby and Geno in back to back years, the luck involved is almost doubled when you consider most MLB top picks are relatively indifferent from the rest of their peers. It is very RARE to have a STAND ALONE #1 pick in any draft class.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

I remember reading about this guy last year. Crazy athlete. Could be on roids though
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

Aliminum in TB...He hit 570 with wood. The aliminum bat is still fregging impressive, you have to realize that one the ball probably traveled about 550 (taking into account that Tropicana field is a dome) and two that he was 16 at the time.
whatever, in that video he was banging them out with aluminum, you could hear it. I don't get impressed with aluminum bat jacks.

Anyways, the kid may be 16 but I would say there is a 90% chance he is juiced or was at the time. Still a monster though, Ill agree there!
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

Jays pick 9 times in the 1st 3 rounds. Their 1st pick is #11..who do you guys want?

I always like high-risk, high upside guys (so does AA)..so I really really want Austin Wilson..basically a Vladdy clone.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

bcool wroteCOLONJays pick 9 times in the 1st 3 rounds. Their 1st pick is #11..who do you guys want?

I always like high-risk, high upside guys (so does AA)..so I really really want Austin Wilson..basically a Vladdy clone.
I want Whitson (HS with ace potential and a big frame), Michael Choice (big athletic OF, with size and pure power), or Manny Machado (drawing comparisons to a poor mans A-Rod). I doubt Machado falls to us at 11, but I think Whitson and Choice could.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Yordy Cabrera is an interesting option as well, he is very raw, but has plus speed for his size and massive raw power. Has a gun for an arm as well.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282

Post by bma »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLONJays pick 9 times in the 1st 3 rounds. Their 1st pick is #11..who do you guys want?

I want Whitson (HS with ace potential and a big frame), Michael Choice (big athletic OF, with size and pure power), or Manny Machado (drawing comparisons to a poor mans A-Rod). I doubt Machado falls to us at 11, but I think Whitson and Choice could.
Yeah, Manny Machado is going top 3. No way in hell he's dropping to us.

Latest word on the street is that we are shying away from picking a HS arm with our 1st pick..instead we might nab a couple with our supp picks. Reason being is that there isn't much difference between the HS arms projected to go early-mid 1st round and then HS arms projected to go later in the first. Chances are, at least one of Whitson, Cole, Covey, Allie, Cowart, Lee, and Jenkins will fall to us in the supp round where we have 3 picks.

I also like Choice as well..think Adam Lind but with more power and much much better defense. I think if he falls to us (word is the Astros are high on him), we should nab him.

So stoked for Monday!!!
GM Achievements:
bma
PostsCOLON 2282

Post by bma »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONYordy Cabrera is an interesting option as well, he is very raw, but has plus speed for his size and massive raw power. Has a gun for an arm as well.
I think we might be able to get him with one of our 3 picks in the supp round. His stock is falling a tad. Would be an interesting pickup..maybe our future 3b???
GM Achievements:
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Yeah, I've heard the Astros are high on Choice, but I've also heard they may look to add some pitching depth early on as well, should be interesting either way, like you said, CANT WAIT till Monday!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to