PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Six Teams Interested in Tomas Kaberle

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Raptactics wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONif they would do that ... loui Eriksson for Kabs straight up. Sign me up right now.
They are more likely to deal a Morrow, Ribeiro or Richards because of their respective cap hits IMO, I would be open to either of the three, TBH, but I know Burke is targeting a winger, so I'm personally holding out hope for Morrow.
100% agree. Morrow would be a sick addition. That can is so much fun to watch and the TO fans would love this guy!! Get it done Burkie
It makes sense from a TO standpoint, Morrow adds grit, leadership, goal scoring and energy to our lineup, for those same reasons I'm not convinced the deal makes sense for Dallas. They are trying to move cap space, and get younger though, so who knows? That being said I still believe the most likely trade candidates on Dallas are Ribeiro and Richards.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

I'd rather not trade kabs for morrow. Too old and starting to get injury prone...not like he is going to put us over the top too so trading for him makes no real sense. By the time we might be ready to compete he won't be anywhere near his prime.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLONI'd rather not trade kabs for morrow. Too old and starting to get injury prone...not like he is going to put us over the top too so trading for him makes no real sense. By the time we might be ready to compete he won't be anywhere near his prime.
This isn't a rebuild Kyle, the leafs are going to compete this season, will they contend? Probably not, but the process has already begun. Morrow is only 31, and he's the kind of player that most definately puts us over the top. He provides scoring, leadership, two way play, and grit, he is like Mike Richards in the big games. IF we could get Kaberle for him I would take the offer and run, and I know Burke would too, unfortunately Dallas likely wont do it for the same reasons I listed above.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONI'd rather not trade kabs for morrow. Too old and starting to get injury prone...not like he is going to put us over the top too so trading for him makes no real sense. By the time we might be ready to compete he won't be anywhere near his prime.
This isn't a rebuild Kyle, the leafs are going to compete this season, will they contend? Probably not, but the process has already begun. Morrow is only 31, and he's the kind of player that most definately puts us over the top. He provides scoring, leadership, two way play, and grit, he is like Mike Richards in the big games. IF we could get Kaberle for him I would take the offer and run, and I know Burke would too, unfortunately Dallas likely wont do it for the same reasons I listed above.

He is 31 sure but he has played a very physical style of game his entire career. He doesn't have the body of a 31 year old any more. Regardless of the fact that this isn't a normal rebuild you can't just trade your biggest trading chip for a player who will be hitting the tail end of his career soon imo. His body isn't going to hold up that much longer because of the style of play he chose to play his entire career.

Hopefully your right though and dallas doesn't do it.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

He is 31 sure but he has played a very physical style of game his entire career. He doesn't have the body of a 31 year old any more. Regardless of the fact that this isn't a normal rebuild you can't just trade your biggest trading chip for a player who will be hitting the tail end of his career soon imo. His body isn't going to hold up that much longer because of the style of play he chose to play his entire career.

Hopefully your right though and dallas doesn't do it.
Have you seen Mororow play? You act like he's some aging 40 year old...He's still got a ton left in the tank, and he was fantastic last season, so good in fact that he earned a roster spot on Team Canada. Bringing in Morrow is the equivalent of bringing in Roberts way back whwn, only differnce is that Morrow is younger now, than Roberts was when he joined us.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

hmmm...i doubt the Stars trade Morrow

I think you'll see Kab's in a Sabres uni at the draft

i hate stafford but i have a feeling he'll be coming our way + prospect or a pick.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

sgupca wroteCOLONhmmm...i doubt the Stars trade Morrow

i hate stafford but i have a feeling he'll be coming our way + prospect or a pick.
my money would be on something none of us expect. This is burke here... he makes shit happen.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

facey wroteCOLON

my money would be on something none of us expect. This is burke here... he makes shit happen.
I agree. It'll be like Backes or something crazy.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

facey wroteCOLON my money would be on something none of us expect. This is burke here... he makes shit happen.
Yah, after the Phaneuf trade I'm kinda expecting/hoping for a bigger name than Stafford.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Starpainter wroteCOLON
facey wroteCOLON my money would be on something none of us expect. This is burke here... he makes shit happen.
Yah, after the Phaneuf trade I'm kinda expecting/hoping for a bigger name than Stafford.
Honestly... is Vinny to big a dream? Horton? rights to Radulov + ? is that #4 actually out there for Kabs?

Bold, Experienced and Intelligent GM with the best network in the league... amazing what he's done for us already.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

lol Radulov would be wild!!
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

What about something entirely unexpected?

Valtteri Filppula from Detroit ? what would we need along with him? Kaberle really is a Red Wing in style.

Are the Coyotes looking for a natural puck mover? reunite Boedker with Kadri ? grab Kulemin ver 2.0 in Tikhonov+?
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONWhat about something entirely unexpected?

Valtteri Filppula from Detroit ? what would we need along with him? Kaberle really is a Red Wing in style.

Are the Coyotes looking for a natural puck mover? reunite Boedker with Kadri ? grab Kulemin ver 2.0 in Tikhonov+?
Phoenix has no icentive to deal away cheap futures for a defenceman who will not resign after next season, Detroit could be a fit, especially with Hudler returning to the mix, I'm not sure they have what we want though. Assuming Los Angeles fails to resign Marleau or Kovalchuk they could be an interesting fit. They have several pieces that would be interesting in a trade; Thomas Hickey, Andrei Loktionov, Brayden Schenn, Colten Teubert and Oscar Moller.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

facey wroteCOLON

I hope so,

i heard an interview yesterday on the Fan590 with Kab's agent....he said Burke would be smart to let them talk to another teams, to see if a contract can be worked out before a deal -- that way both Toronto and the unknown team can benefit from this trade.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

sgupca wroteCOLON
facey wroteCOLON

I hope so,

i heard an interview yesterday on the Fan590 with Kab's agent....he said Burke would be smart to let them talk to another teams, to see if a contract can be worked out before a deal -- that way both Toronto and the unknown team can benefit from this trade.
That would be smart, but Burke is still going to take the best offer obviously. Whether that's with a team Kaberle will sign an extension for, or not.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Snipeshow wroteCOLONThat would be smart, but Burke is still going to take the best offer obviously. Whether that's with a team Kaberle will sign an extension for, or not.
Sort of a moot point, as the best offer will assuredly come with an extension, I don't even think thats debatable.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Snipeshow wroteCOLONThat would be smart, but Burke is still going to take the best offer obviously. Whether that's with a team Kaberle will sign an extension for, or not.
Sort of a moot point, as the best offer will assuredly come with an extension, I don't even think thats debatable.
Probably. But you never know. A team that wants to gun for it next year with a bunch of UFA/RFA extensions COULD pony up the best offer. Not likely, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Snipeshow wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Probably. But you never know. A team that wants to gun for it next year with a bunch of UFA/RFA extensions COULD pony up the best offer. Not likely, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.
I definately think it's out of the realm of possibility, if that truly were the case, theyd make a bid at the deadline, not in the offseason.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to