All talk regarding sports at any level!
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Re: 2010 World Cup South Africa

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLONTerry has been like this all year, its mental mistakes he never used to make. To be honest his instincts were some of the best in the past, but all his off field issues this year have had great influences on his play. Hes been horrible for Chelsea this season he mistimed easy clearing headers almost every game this year, his timing and just ability to read the game are off. Either hes hit a major decline or the off field issues are impacting him a lot more than we'd think.

England have to be younger and faster, the style they play isn't suitable anymore. Rooney I still concede was slightly hurt the way he played all season compared to this tournament. England on the wings used to be a strength, but in 4 years all the veterans will be gone. They need some speed, some creativity and some of that passion the English used to be known for.
At the very least the world cup has opened my eyes to a lot of talents I wouldn't have otherwise seen.
I'm afraid the slow German centerbacks will get ripped apart by that Argentina attack, if England can run at you, Argentina will fuck your shit up.
Argentina is the most overrated team in this tournament, IMO...The lack of elite competition thus far, and elite play from the forward core have really covered up some glaring weaknesses in their defensive mid field, center defense, and goaltending. I don't think they are nearly as strong as many people would have you believe. If the young Germans can dominate the wing game like they have in every game (save for one), I expect a very very close contest, too close too call, IMO.

As for tommorrow, the picks are easy...Brazil and Netherlands, and rather easily too.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
inferno31 wroteCOLONTerry has been like this all year, its mental mistakes he never used to make. To be honest his instincts were some of the best in the past, but all his off field issues this year have had great influences on his play. Hes been horrible for Chelsea this season he mistimed easy clearing headers almost every game this year, his timing and just ability to read the game are off. Either hes hit a major decline or the off field issues are impacting him a lot more than we'd think.

England have to be younger and faster, the style they play isn't suitable anymore. Rooney I still concede was slightly hurt the way he played all season compared to this tournament. England on the wings used to be a strength, but in 4 years all the veterans will be gone. They need some speed, some creativity and some of that passion the English used to be known for.
At the very least the world cup has opened my eyes to a lot of talents I wouldn't have otherwise seen.
I'm afraid the slow German centerbacks will get ripped apart by that Argentina attack, if England can run at you, Argentina will fuck your shit up.
Argentina is the most overrated team in this tournament, IMO...The lack of elite competition thus far, and elite play from the forward core have really covered up some glaring weaknesses in their defensive mid field, center defense, and goaltending. I don't think they are nearly as strong as many people would have you believe. If the young Germans can dominate the wing game like they have in every game (save for one), I expect a very very close contest, too close too call, IMO.

As for tommorrow, the picks are easy...Brazil and Netherlands, and rather easily too.
Argentina is vastly overrated, and mismanaged. But the German weakness is on defence, (not something that was ever a weakness for them before but its a young team). They have no mobility, Mertasaker especially, I don't think they can handle the runs of Messi or Tevez. If the Argentines can get the ball up through the center, they can turn that defence inside out. Neither team has a fantastic goalie, and Germany can move the ball well through the wings, and have great vision. But Argentina can get passed on talent, its a mismatch those agile forwards vs a immobile defense. I hope I'm very wrong though.
Roster
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

number 11 on spain should be ashamed of that ghost dive he made clutching his face.

what a fucking loser lol.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLONnumber 11 on spain should be ashamed of that ghost dive he made clutching his face.

what a fucking loser lol.
The ref should be ashamed for falling for it...It was a wonderfully reffed match until that disgraceful dive by Capdevilla and subsequent red card.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

NHL needs a pest rule and harsh diving fines.

if hockey players ever really start acting like soccer players (aka footballers) i'll find a new sport to cheer for.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON The ref should be ashamed for falling for it...It was a wonderfully reffed match until that disgraceful dive by Capdevilla and subsequent red card.

yeah the refs are idiots for calling it, I agree with you there. Can we expect anything less from these jokes though? They have made so many brutal calls this WC!

Back to the game, this has actually been a very entertaining game so far. Spain from what I am seeing as I alternate between paying attention to the soccer and my poker is dominating portugal right now. All over them man!

back to the face clutch now ....

That clutch was reminiscent of the brazilian who got hit in the shins and dropped to the ground clutching his face over near the corner area at the last WC (i think it was the last WC).
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

the Brazillian you are reffering to is Rivaldo, 2002 WC against Germany I think?
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONthe Brazillian you are reffering to is Rivaldo, 2002 WC against Germany I think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVksdN4Q ... r_embedded
Linked.
Roster
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONthe Brazillian you are reffering to is Rivaldo, 2002 WC against Germany I think?

yup pretty sure you are right, the player was definitely a prominent one. Was one of the most hilarious dives I have ever seen lol.

oh well, I guess instead of hating I should just laugh at them. lol
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha yeah, thats the one. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Ronaldo wasn't even the best player wearing the number 7 today on the field. Game was well played by Spain, Torres may not start the next game with that performance. But fuck sakes what a horrible dive, to be honest though on the replay I just burst out in laughter.

I hope I never see that shit in the NHL. In the UK a couple years ago the newspapers started tracking dives by players and posting it in the front page of their sports section to embarrass the players.
Roster
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

YESSS good bye brazil!!!!!!!!
GOOOO Netherlands

but honestly they didn't play well.. how can they miss so many chances and a 3 on 1? 11-10? and they will have 2 starters missing next match!!!
If Ghana beats Uruguay they might go on to the finals -_-
If Netherlands can play well and head into the finals it will be a great match vs Germ/Argentina :D
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

1-0 Germans.. 2 mins in!!
#91 - John Tavares
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

GERMANNNNNNNNNNNNNY.. Bye Bye you fat coke head, haha

Sucks Mueller got that card, bullshit. Germany Netherlands final maybe, theres a big rivalry there should be great.
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLONGERMANNNNNNNNNNNNNY.. Bye Bye you fat coke head, haha

Sucks Mueller got that card, bullshit. Germany Netherlands final maybe, theres a big rivalry there should be great.
Yeah that was fucked up...
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Who will all the fair weather fans support now that brazil and argentina are out.

I'm glad Argentina went out in that manner, they deserved it.

Germany and the Netherlands are what I'm hoping for, though Spain would be interesting but they seem like they've been squeaking by in each match.

Only one south American team left, and three European teams.
Roster
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

inferno31 wroteCOLONWho will all the fair weather fans support now that brazil and argentina are out.

I'm glad Argentina went out in that manner, they deserved it.

Germany and the Netherlands are what I'm hoping for, though Spain would be interesting but they seem like they've been squeaking by in each match.

Only one south American team left, and three European teams.

I am a fair weather fan, probably even less then that actually. I only watch soccer every 4 years. Too many little pansies flopping around like little bitch mother fuckers.

As for who I will be chearing for...no doubt about it when I say...THE DUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

http://soccer.fanhouse.com/2010/07/13/w ... -10-goals/

Top 10 Goals,
Number 3 was just stunning.
Roster
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044