Chris Bosh's Future?

All talk regarding sports at any level!
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Chris Bosh's Future?

Post by bma »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLONHEDO FOR ARENAS...do it BC.

Also, out of the Big 3, I think Wade is the most likely to stay with their current team. And I think Amare will join Wade in Miami.
I would actually like Arenas, too, but I realize he isn't the hottest asset due to his cap hit...Nonetheless, if Bosh goes we can deal him for Bynum, and slot him in the 5 hole, slot Bargs into his more natural 4 posisition, put Arenas in the 1 spot, deal Calderon for cap space and picks, and allow Weems and DeRozan to develop on the wings. Not a bad plan at all, is it realistic? No idea...
Arenas still has name value..his acquisition alone will give the fanbase something to be excited about even if Chris Bosh dipsets.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Arenas is a fucking clown, yall want him on this team?????

Who cares about have a "name" like him on the team. He is so overrated firstly (hasn't carried his team anywhere), is injury prone and likes to bring fucking guns into locker rooms.

no thanksssssss
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

KapG wroteCOLONArenas is a fucking clown, yall want him on this team?????

Who cares about have a "name" like him on the team. He is so overrated firstly (hasn't carried his team anywhere), is injury prone and likes to bring fucking guns into locker rooms.

no thanksssssss
I'd take Arenas over Hedo any fucking day.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

no thanksssssss
How is he overrated? When healthy he is one of the best off the dribble point guards in the game, shoots from any where on the floor and is clutch, not to mention that he guards his posisition well, screw the gun issue, people make mistakes...The only area of concern I would have with regards to Arenas are his knees, can he be the same player he was a few seasons ago?
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

no thanksssssss
How is he overrated? When healthy he is one of the best off the dribble point guards in the game, shoots from any where on the floor and is clutch, not to mention that he guards his posisition well, screw the gun issue, people make mistakes...The only area of concern I would have with regards to Arenas are his knees, can he be the same player he was a few seasons ago?

You say when he is healthy he is one of the best off the dribble point guards in the game. Ok that is fine, but when was he last healthy? This guys knees are shot. Bad knees are going to make him a liability on the defensive end of the court too...

as for people making mistakes...how fucking stupid do you have to be to bring guns into your locker room? That isn't a mistake man, that is plain old stupidity.

If we were talking Gilbert before all the knee problems I would have been all for it. Well, at least more so lol
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLONYou say when he is healthy he is one of the best off the dribble point guards in the game. Ok that is fine, but when was he last healthy? This guys knees are shot. Bad knees are going to make him a liability on the defensive end of the court too...

as for people making mistakes...how fucking stupid do you have to be to bring guns into your locker room? That isn't a mistake man, that is plain old stupidity.

If we were talking Gilbert before all the knee problems I would have been all for it. Well, at least more so lol
If his knees are deemed to be unfit to play pro ball the medical staff will bring it up in the physicals, and the deal is off, no big deal. Besides it's Turk were giving up...He's no prize fighter himself.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Raptors reportedly dealing CB4 for BE EZ, Mario Chalmers and Johnson. Thank You God! I knew you were up there! BE EZ to T.Dot WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONRaptors reportedly dealing CB4 for BE EZ, Mario Chalmers and Johnson. Thank You God! I knew you were up there! BE EZ to T.Dot WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

supposedly they guy who came up with that rumour came onto a radio station admitting it was bullshit.

Thats what I read at least.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLONsupposedly they guy who came up with that rumour came onto a radio station admitting it was bullshit.

Thats what I read at least.
It's been rumoured for a long time, but yes atm its BS bc Johnson is not property of the Heat until signed, regardless if Bosh does indeed go to Miami you can bet your ass that Be Ez is coming back.
Radiohead

Post by Radiohead »

BC would rather take a TPE than Beasley. He'd be stupid not to.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Radiohead wroteCOLONBC would rather take a TPE than Beasley. He'd be stupid not to.
How is a 16 million dollar trade exception better than Beasley?
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

lol..
i used to like chris bosh.. but i don't give a damn to those who want to leave and make a name for himself in the headlines every single fucking day..
if you want to leave i also want you to just get the fuck out..
ya a kid he is in christmas
#91 - John Tavares
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

hong57 wroteCOLONlol..
i used to like chris bosh.. but i don't give a damn to those who want to leave and make a name for himself in the headlines every single fucking day..
if you want to leave i also want you to just get the fuck out..
ya a kid he is in christmas
Shut up Hong...Bosh wore his hear on his sleeve every night, unfortunately we werent able to build a strong team around him. He paid his dues in Toronto, and has earned the right to go where ever he wants on the FA market. You wouldn't be complaining if the highly touted FA were coming here, so why is it a problem when they leave...
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON Shut up Hong...Bosh wore his hear on his sleeve every night, unfortunately we werent able to build a strong team around him. He paid his dues in Toronto, and has earned the right to go where ever he wants on the FA market. You wouldn't be complaining if the highly touted FA were coming here, so why is it a problem when they leave...
Bosh, Wade and Lebron are all handling free agency like clowns, they've made this some kind of circuis with their summits n bullshit. Respect them all as players, but this is ridiculous.
Bosh paid his dues, but hes said before hes wanted to be THAT guy, now it seems more and more like he wants to play second fiddle to someone else. He paid his dues in this city, but he wasn't a leader defensively and you can see you won't win with him as your number 1 guy, doesn't mean he isn't a great player but that is how we treated him here.

Either way I won't boo him like I boo vince carter ever, in fact I hope he does well.
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLONBosh, Wade and Lebron are all handling free agency like clowns, they've made this some kind of circuis with their summits n bullshit. Respect them all as players, but this is ridiculous.
Bosh paid his dues, but hes said before hes wanted to be THAT guy, now it seems more and more like he wants to play second fiddle to someone else. He paid his dues in this city, but he wasn't a leader defensively and you can see you won't win with him as your number 1 guy, doesn't mean he isn't a great player but that is how we treated him here.

Either way I won't boo him like I boo vince carter ever, in fact I hope he does well.
How are they handling this like clowns? By visiting different cities, and enjoying themselves..You and the media are full of shit. And that Bosh "wants to be the guy" quote has been taken out of context so badly, I'm emberassed you even brought that up...What he said (paraphrasing) is that he wants to be the guy, but if it means winning he would come off the bench.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
How are they handling this like clowns? By visiting different cities, and enjoying themselves..You and the media are full of shit. And that Bosh "wants to be the guy" quote has been taken out of context so badly, I'm emberassed you even brought that up...What he said (paraphrasing) is that he wants to be the guy, but if it means winning he would come off the bench.
Bosh is filming a documentary on his free agency. He has a fucking camera crew following him to every meeting to "document" the process.
And even planning a free agency summit is a fucking joke, I can't imagine Byrd and Magic doing the same. People saw them and it did apparently take place, its great when a few players will collectively collaborate to dictate the balance of power in the league for years. Owner's don't get together to decide how much they'll pay players do they? (its collusion).
"I'm not an addition. I'm a centerpiece," he said. "I have to have that confidence in myself, and I want people to know that, because I'm not somebody that helps out. I'm the guy you get like, 'Yo, we're going to win a championship, you're gonna take us there.'

"I want to hold onto that because I think every kid when they dream about playing basketball, they don't dream about being a role player. They dream about being the man. I have that position in Toronto and to give that up and go somewhere else to be an addition would kinda defeat the purpose of my dreams."
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/a ... index.html
Watch the video its where the quote comes from, seems like its in context to me.
Don't get me wrong bosh is a great guy and player, he doesn't really owe toronto any more. But how this free agency is being handled, please its not me or the media thats full of shit. You'd be up in arms if teams got together and did the same thing, It'd also be against the law.
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLONBosh is filming a documentary on his free agency. He has a fucking camera crew following him to every meeting to "document" the process.
And even planning a free agency summit is a fucking joke, I can't imagine Byrd and Magic doing the same. People saw them and it did apparently take place, its great when a few players will collectively collaborate to dictate the balance of power in the league for years. Owner's don't get together to decide how much they'll pay players do they? (its collusion).
It's not collusion at all...FFS Neel Bosh and any other FA can go wherever the fuck they want, if they want to play with their friends, or sign with another big name to start a dynasty it is their right...It's no different than LA signing Kobe and than trading for Gasol...And no, it does not shift the balance of power in the league, because no one team can sign 3 big players to max contracts without SEVERELY harming the rest of the roster. This is such a lame ass argument, I can't believe your making it. As for the documentary...BIG FUCKING WHOOP! Why does this annoy you and the press so much? Are you just butt hurt that he's leaving T.O. and we aren't attracting a big name UFA?
inferno31 wroteCOLON"I'm not an addition. I'm a centerpiece," he said. "I have to have that confidence in myself, and I want people to know that, because I'm not somebody that helps out. I'm the guy you get like, 'Yo, we're going to win a championship, you're gonna take us there.'

"I want to hold onto that because I think every kid when they dream about playing basketball, they don't dream about being a role player. They dream about being the man. I have that position in Toronto and to give that up and go somewhere else to be an addition would kinda defeat the purpose of my dreams.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/a ... index.html

Watch the video its where the quote comes from, seems like its in context to me.
Don't get me wrong bosh is a great guy and player, he doesn't really owe toronto any more. But how this free agency is being handled, please its not me or the media thats full of shit. You'd be up in arms if teams got together and did the same thing, It'd also be against the law.
It's taken out of context, in a later interview he went on to say that if it meant winning he'd come off the bench, but would obviously prefer to be the guy a team build around. Anyways this is all moot, because no matter where Bosh goes hes going to be either the guy, or one of a duo of guys a team builds around. Your making a big deal out of nothing, I find this whole argument funny TBH.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

[quote="MSP4LYFE]

It's not collusion at all...FFS Neel Bosh and any other FA can go wherever the fuck they want, if they want to play with their friends, or sign with another big name to start a dynasty it is their right...It's no different than LA signing Kobe and than trading for Gasol...And no, it does not shift the balance of power in the league, because no one team can sign 3 big players to max contracts without SEVERELY harming the rest of the roster. This is such a lame ass argument, I can't believe your making it. As for the documentary...BIG FUCKING WHOOP! Why does this annoy you and the press so much? Are you just butt hurt that he's leaving T.O. and we aren't attracting a big name UFA?[/quote]

Collusion = Collusion is an agreement, usually secretive, which occurs between two or more persons to limit open competition
This is pretty damn close to collusion, question if 30 Owners got together and decided how much each of them would offer each free agent, and who would offer what, what would you call that? This isn't against the law what they are doing, but its close. Saying it's their right, yes it is, but lets look at the history has it been done like this in any major sport before? Am I hurt hes leaving toronto no thats his right, the press well it bothers them because this is the first time all this shit is happening, no player before has treated the process as so. If you want to get off their cocks, you'll realize the press may have a point. Byrd, Magic, Jordan, the list goes on didn't treat the process or rather abuse the process like this. Why do these guys get a free pass, would you like to see this same idea spread to other sports too? The NBA is different than other sports in that sense too, because 3 or 4 big players is all it takes to win a championship, so yes it changes the balance of power. Its much different than other sports in its ability to change the strength of a team with only a few guys. All you keep saying is its a lame ass argument, and me and the press are idiots, seriously look at the history.

[quote="MSP4LYFE]
It's taken out of context, in a later interview he went on to say that if it meant winning he'd come off the bench, but would obviously prefer to be the guy a team build around. Anyways this is all moot, because no matter where Bosh goes hes going to be either the guy, or one of a duo of guys a team builds around. Your making a big deal out of nothing, I find this whole argument funny TBH.[/quote]

Out of Context :type of false attribution in which a passage is removed from its surrounding matter in such a way as to distort its intended meaning.

The entire interview is there in that video, watch it. Was the quote taken out of context no it clearly wasn't. He said it, the interview went on and finished. I posted it with all its surrounding matter. The fact he retracted and then said otherwise in ANOTHER interview, doesn't put his original thing out of context it means hes either changed his mind about the situation or someone very smart (likely an agent or PR guy) said hey you should talk more about winning and don't make yourself look selfish. Either way regardless of context hes made contradictory statements, you can believe which one you want, I'm inclined to believe the first one, and think the second one was after being talked to.

Either way its a stupid argument I won't continue to have with you. You love Bosh, Wade and Lebron yes they are all great players and I respect them as much. I do not respect their abuse of the free agency process, their decision to film it, or have summits just inviting some of their friends etc. You have no problem with it, good for you. I do and thats the difference. Lets leave it at that.
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I'm not going to take too much time to debate this, because your points are weak, and very contradictory to your views regarding Sundin...

1. The Bird and Mgic scenario is a stupid comparison, and one that shows little understanding of the game of basketball. For starters, both players required the ball to excel, similar to Wade and Lebron, so joining forces would have done more harm than good. It's the exact same reason I guarantee Wade and Lebron won't sign on the same team. Two, the money and media involved was NOWHERE near what it is today, nor were the potential suitors and NBA cap in place. In other words it made financial and competitive sense for each player to stay in LA and Boston respectively, and finally the two players had been rivals since their days in the NCAA, the same cannot be said about this years FA class.

2. There is a big difference between owners working together to determine the financial landscape of the NBA, and a few UFA's getting together to discuss different opportunities and whether or not they want to play together. Hence one being illegal and the other not...There isn't a small difference between the two, there is a large difference. One involves illegally fixing the market for players, the other is merely discussing signing options and destinations. It's a terrible argument, and one that has no merit. As I mentioned above, and you so conviently ignored, no team can sign more than three players to max contracts, and that is with a S & T deal. In fact, only ONE team in the NBA has the cap space to pull off such a "game changing move", and that is the Miami Heat, but as I'm sure you dont know, such a move would prohibit them from building a team. In other words only two superstars will be able to play together, which isn't something revolutionary, perhaps you recall the dynamic duos of Kareem and Magic, Bird and McHale, Werth and West, Jordan and Pippen etc. This is no different, so your comparison to the past is laughable, and as I said above shows zero undersatnding about the game of basketball and it's past.

3. The quotes provided are misleading no matter how you slice it, you are presenting it isolated from other interviews, and questions, and stating it as fact. When in fact Bosh does not make it clear that he would be against joining another superstar and being one of two guys to lead the franchise to sucess. In that sense it is completely misleading. Out of context was not the right word, and I admit that, but it is no less misleading.

4. Let's say for the sake of discussion that Bosh is a hypocrite, why is it that you are bashing him, but to this day continue to protect Mats Sundin who pulled off a very similar stunt. Claimed he wanted to retire a Leaf and thus wouldn't waive his NTC, and in the offseason rejected a contract from the Leafs to sign with the Nucks for a chance at the SC. Please Neel, tell me how that is any different?

5. I'm not even a Bosh fan, I want him to leave, so I'm not sure how I'm sucking up to him...
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

Yay, the Raptors shall suck again!!

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to