All talk regarding sports at any level!
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Chris Bosh's Future?

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Chris Bosh is all but gone, rumour has it the top conteders for a S & T are the: Houston Rockets, Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks.

Oklahoma obviously offers the greatest potential in any deal, with their boatload of youth, but young stars: James Harden, Kevin Durant and Russel Westbrook would almost certainly be listed as untouchable assets. Nonethless, we could potentially work a S & T around Sergie Ibaka and Jeff Green, these additions would provide size and athleticism on the wing and center, as well as shore up our D and improve our offensive and defensive rebounding.

Chicago also presents some interesting options, such as athletic center Joakim Noah, gritty rookie Taj Gibson, or perhaps even Kirk Hinrich or Luol Deng to open up space for an additional signing (James/Nowitzki/Boozer/Stoudemire/Johnson/Wade). Ideally we pick up Noah, he can guard any Center in the league with his length, wing span and lateral quicks and hustle, as well as presenting a tough guard on the offensive end. I wouldn't be on Chi offering Noah, but I would demand it in any Bosh to Chi deal. They can't sign two big stars without our help in a S & T.

New York has nothing of interest, David Lee is a good 4, but he does nothing to help us given our already terrible defence. Miami could offer uo promising guard, Michael Beasley, but there are many concerns surrounding his work ethic and character. Still he has superstar upside. Houston doesn't have any sexy names, but they would likely offer up the most value, and have the best picks to offer us in any trade. Luis Scola and Aaron Brooks are interesting options as well.

Los Angeles has perhaps the most interesting piece to anti up, center Andrew Bynum, kid has immense talent and potential, but his ability to stay healthy are a huge concern, especially since most of his health concerns revolve around his knee. As demonstrated by Chris Weber and Grant Hill earlier this decade, one this knee goes your never the same player.

The other option is to make a last minute acquisistion to try and convince Bosh to stay, the names I have heard thrown around are: Monta Ellis, Gilbert Arenas, and Andre Igoudala. I'd personally offer up whatever it takes to get Ellis, kid has unreal wheels and athleticism, not the best defensive option at 1/2, but he brings a ton of offense, and if nothing else is a defensive upgrade over Calderon.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Re: Chris Bosh's Future?

Post by Scott »

Chris Bosh will leave like the rest of the star types we've had.. hence my dis-interest in basketball. I truly do not care where Bosh goes or what the Raptors get in return.

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Raptactics wroteCOLONChris Bosh will leave like the rest of the star types we've had.. hence my dis-interest in basketball. I truly do not care where Bosh goes or what the Raptors get in return.
We've only ever had three franchise players in T.O. Damon Stoudemire, Vince Carter and Chris Bosh. Stoudemire left via FA, and later admitted he wish he had of stayed, VC resigned long term, but then demanded out for god knows what reason, and CB4's fate remains undetermined. I wouldn't say all our star types leave, because that simply isnt the case, and even if Bosh were to leave we are not exactly a bare bones organization. We have some high potential pieces in: Demar Derozan, Andrea Bargnani and Sonny Weems, in addition to our 13th pick and whatever we get in return for Bosh via S & T.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chicago will be very hard to convince to part with noah, but I think we have the upper hand.

According to most media, Chicago's goal is to sign both lebron and bosh. Since the cavs have declared they won't participate in a S&T, the bulls will have to first sign lebron to a contract using their cap space, and then get Bosh via S&T with us. Since they won't have the cap space to do it, they will have to rely on us facilitating the deal. If we stand firm and only accept noah in return, there are 3 options:
1. they accept
2. their plan fails
3. they try to get Bosh to threaten us leaving for nothing to another team

Based on what I'm reading, #2 is not really an option for them, because lebron will want Bosh next to him in order to sign anywhere. So if they can't agree with us, they might lose lebron too.

The gamble for us is that Bosh might get pissed and walk out. But, personally, I'd rather gamble on getting noah. If the alternate is gibson, there's really no incentive to play it safe. The other risk factor is bulls changing their plans to go after Bosh alone, rather than lebron. But they would basically choose between a package of noah/bosh and a package of lebron/bosh, so they would obviously rather give noah away.

The most interesting thing this summer will be how long do teams decide to wait on lebron to make up his mind. Because some of the players on the market (lee, gay, JJ, amare, boozer) are not really concerned with where lebron is going. It seems that only Bosh and wade are waiting on lebron, so any team that doesn't move quickly, risks losing out on the 2nd tier of FAs and than facing a major problem if lebron decides to stick in cleveland.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

he's gone !!!!
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Raptactics wroteCOLONChris Bosh will leave like the rest of the star types we've had.. hence my dis-interest in basketball. I truly do not care where Bosh goes or what the Raptors get in return.
We've only ever had three franchise players in T.O. Damon Stoudemire, Vince Carter and Chris Bosh. Stoudemire left via FA, and later admitted he wish he had of stayed, VC resigned long term, but then demanded out for god knows what reason, and CB4's fate remains undetermined. I wouldn't say all our star types leave, because that simply isnt the case, and even if Bosh were to leave we are not exactly a bare bones organization. We have some high potential pieces in: Demar Derozan, Andrea Bargnani and Sonny Weems, in addition to our 13th pick and whatever we get in return for Bosh via S & T.
We had McGrady too. I'd put him as a franchise player.

Raptors had to choose between Carter and T-Mac and we all know who we chose.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Snipeshow wroteCOLONRaptors had to choose between Carter and T-Mac and we all know who we chose.
We didn't choose between Carter and T-Mac, T-Mac wanted nothing to do with the city of Toronto. He apparently hated the franchise, fans, weather and spotlight given to Carter. We had no leverage when we traded him, hence the measley return, a second round pick...
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Snipeshow wroteCOLONRaptors had to choose between Carter and T-Mac and we all know who we chose.
We didn't choose between Carter and T-Mac, T-Mac wanted nothing to do with the city of Toronto. He apparently hated the franchise, fans, weather and spotlight given to Carter. We had no leverage when we traded him, hence the measley return, a second round pick...
My mistake.

I don't really follow basketball much any more but I thought that was the case. Either way, I would still classify as T-Mac as a franchise player.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Snipeshow wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
My mistake.

I don't really follow basketball much any more but I thought that was the case. Either way, I would still classify as T-Mac as a franchise player.
He was definately a franchise player, just not when he was with Toronto, but I suppose it still fits into Scott's argument. To be fair though, T-Mac and Stoudemire happened during the expansion era. Not many expansion teams in any sport retain their first big name.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

Here's a crazy idea. Sign and trade with the Rockets for Yao Ming.

Or Dallas..and we get back Nowitzki..since Dallas is Bosh's home town.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

bcool wroteCOLONHere's a crazy idea. Sign and trade with the Rockets for Yao Ming.

Yao Ming's health is a serious concern, there is no telling if he will ever resign. As for Dirk, he recently declared for UFA, so he cannot be traded without his concent, Id be pleasantly surprised if he agreed to come here.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLONHere's a crazy idea. Sign and trade with the Rockets for Yao Ming.

Yao Ming's health is a serious concern, there is no telling if he will ever resign. As for Dirk, he recently declared for UFA, so he cannot be traded without his concent, Id be pleasantly surprised if he agreed to come here.
I'd actually watch a few games next year if we signed Dirk, I've always loved that guy!

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Raptactics wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

I'd actually watch a few games next year if we signed Dirk, I've always loved that guy!
He's a bigger threat offensively then Bosh, but just as bad defensively. If we were to bring him in, we would still need to make some big changes on D, Calderon cant guard his position, and Bargs has terrible help defence, that is not a good combination. We still need a gritty defensive minded center who can knock down rebounds, a guard who can defend the speedier ones in the league, like Paul, Harris and Rondo, and ideally a Weems or Derozan to the point where they can be relied on for consistent offensive production and perimeter defence.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

So 4 players are going to meet, and decide the balance of power in the NBA for years to come.. Interesting.
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLONSo 4 players are going to meet, and decide the balance of power in the NBA for years to come.. Interesting.
Bosh, Johnson, Wade, Lebron

I personally don't understand why they would get together, Wade and Lebron CANNOT play together, they both need the ball too much, and Wade and JJ are redundant, not to mention that JJ is nowhere near the class of the other three players. Just seems strange to me.
fedro91
PostsCOLON 1473
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:44 pm
LocationCOLON Gatineau,Quebec
CONTACTCOLON

Post by fedro91 »

I believe that Bosh will get sign by Chicago with Lebron James and Wade since they all have the same Agent.
Also is agent leaves in Chicago and Chicago Bulls have room for them too. Just imazine having them together.

By the way Thx for the sig....
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

fedro91 wroteCOLONI believe that Bosh will get sign by Chicago with Lebron James and Wade since they all have the same Agent.
Also is agent leaves in Chicago and Chicago Bulls have room for them too. Just imazine having them together.
Chicago can only sign two, and that's assuming either Miami (Wade) or Toronto (Bosh) facilitate the move with a sign and trade, thus allowing the MLE.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
fedro91 wroteCOLONI believe that Bosh will get sign by Chicago with Lebron James and Wade since they all have the same Agent.
Chicago can only sign two, and that's assuming either Miami (Wade) or Toronto (Bosh) facilitate the move with a sign and trade, thus allowing the MLE.
Bosh can end up with Wade or James. If thats the case It'll have to be in Miami or New York/New Jersey. Bosh could himself just go to Chicago, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Who knows maybe he goes to the Lakers.

Either way.. fuck hedo.
Roster
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

HEDO FOR ARENAS...do it BC.

Also, out of the Big 3, I think Wade is the most likely to stay with their current team. And I think Amare will join Wade in Miami.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

bcool wroteCOLONHEDO FOR ARENAS...do it BC.

Also, out of the Big 3, I think Wade is the most likely to stay with their current team. And I think Amare will join Wade in Miami.
I would actually like Arenas, too, but I realize he isn't the hottest asset due to his cap hit...Nonetheless, if Bosh goes we can deal him for Bynum, and slot him in the 5 hole, slot Bargs into his more natural 4 posisition, put Arenas in the 1 spot, deal Calderon for cap space and picks, and allow Weems and DeRozan to develop on the wings. Not a bad plan at all, is it realistic? No idea...
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to