NFL

All talk regarding sports at any level!

Re: NFL

Postby bills09 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 pm

MSP4LYFE wrote:Tom Brady willed that field goal wide, bitches.

P.S. Brady > Manning


was that ever a question?
Image
bills09
 
Posts: 8540
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Pickering, Ontario

Re: NFL

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Yes it is a question.

Unless you mean E.Manning, who barley deserves the name.
User avatar
Nick
 
Posts: 16044
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NFL

Postby Shep » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 pm

There's a reason Matt Cassel went 11-5 when Brady went down.
There's a reason Indianapolis went 2-14 when Manning went down.

Manning carries a terrible, terrible team on his back.
Brady has always had an unreal team offensively, defensively and just about every possible aspect of a football team.
Inaugural GM
2009-2016
User avatar
Shep
 
Posts: 13438
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: NFL

Postby Shep » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 pm

MSP4LYFE wrote:Tom Brady willed that field goal wide, bitches.

P.S. Brady > Manning

Brady was just awful today.
Inaugural GM
2009-2016
User avatar
Shep
 
Posts: 13438
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: NFL

Postby MSP4LYFE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:46 am

Shep wrote:There's a reason Matt Cassel went 11-5 when Brady went down.
There's a reason Indianapolis went 2-14 when Manning went down.

Manning carries a terrible, terrible team on his back.
Brady has always had an unreal team offensively, defensively and just about every possible aspect of a football team.


Are you honestly telling me this Patriots team would be elite without Brady...
Image
User avatar
MSP4LYFE
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Re: NFL

Postby MSP4LYFE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:47 am

bills09 wrote:
MSP4LYFE wrote:Tom Brady willed that field goal wide, bitches.

P.S. Brady > Manning


was that ever a question?


Not in my opinion, no.
Image
User avatar
MSP4LYFE
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Re: NFL

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:10 am

MSP4LYFE wrote:
Shep wrote:There's a reason Matt Cassel went 11-5 when Brady went down.
There's a reason Indianapolis went 2-14 when Manning went down.

Manning carries a terrible, terrible team on his back.
Brady has always had an unreal team offensively, defensively and just about every possible aspect of a football team.


Are you honestly telling me this Patriots team would be elite without Brady...


The Pats are good without, elite with Brade... Manning takes the Colts from junk to awesome.
User avatar
Nick
 
Posts: 16044
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NFL

Postby Shep » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 am

MSP4LYFE wrote:
Shep wrote:There's a reason Matt Cassel went 11-5 when Brady went down.
There's a reason Indianapolis went 2-14 when Manning went down.

Manning carries a terrible, terrible team on his back.
Brady has always had an unreal team offensively, defensively and just about every possible aspect of a football team.


Are you honestly telling me this Patriots team would be elite without Brady...

I'm telling you that a Colts team without Manning goes 2-14. A Patriots team without Brady went 11-5.

You get a quarterback that can dump the ball 5 yards on 90% of the plays, the the team would be fine. Not 3 SB in 4 years fine, but more than capable.
Inaugural GM
2009-2016
User avatar
Shep
 
Posts: 13438
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: NFL

Postby MSP4LYFE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:38 pm

By that logic there are alot of QB's better than Tom Brady, because X team is worse outside the QB position than the Patriots. Team bias is one of the most common and unfair arguments in pro sports. Athletes have no control over who they play with, and in general great athletes tend to be surrounded by great talent, athletes such as: Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Fabiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Alex Rodriguez, and Micky Mantle among many others. The strength of a team does not discount the strength of an elite athlete, it is a necessary requirement to contend annually.

The true mark of an elite athlete is the ability to take a good club, and push them over the top, which Brady has done his entire career. There is no way you could say with any certainty that a Manning lead Patriots team would have made 5 Superbowl appearances in the last 15 years, just like there is no way you argue that Manning is a better QB because of the weak supporting cast around him.
Image
User avatar
MSP4LYFE
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Re: NFL

Postby Arian The Insider » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Manning is the better quarterback.. nobody has had more control than manning in his team's offence than Manning in this modern era. Plus, have you seen the defences Brady had during his superbowls? Don't tell me that doesn't factor into success. Defense wins championships. Football is a team sport, yet Manning still carries that franchise. The only argument for Brady being superior is rings. Terry Bradshaw won 4... is he better than Brady or Manning? No. Jim Plunkett won 2.. is he better than Peyton? Not even close.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Image
User avatar
Arian The Insider
 
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Somalia

Re: NFL

Postby MSP4LYFE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Did you honestly just compare Terry Bradshaw to Tom Brady...In addition to 3 Superbowl rings, Brady owns several all time offensive records, and nowhere did I say that team success didn't factor into Brady's championship, quite the opposite. You may want to re-read what I wrote, what I do find funny is how you and Shep discredit Brady's accomplishments because of his teams strengths, but completely ignore the most significant accomplishment of all. Despite playing on some of the greatest teams in NFL history, alongside innumerable Hall of Famers, Tom Brady was consistently the franchise player of the New England Patriots, and widely regarded as the best player in franchise history. If those teams were as good as you say they were, that is quite the accomplishment.
Image
User avatar
MSP4LYFE
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Re: NFL

Postby Arian The Insider » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:37 pm

MSP4LYFE wrote:Did you honestly just compare Terry Bradshaw to Tom Brady...In addition to 3 Superbowl rings, Brady owns several all time offensive records, and nowhere did I say that team success didn't factor into Brady's championship, quite the opposite. You may want to re-read what I wrote, what I do find funny is how you and Shep discredit Brady's accomplishments because of his teams strengths, but completely ignore the most significant accomplishment of all. Despite playing on some of the greatest teams in NFL history, alongside innumerable Hall of Famers, Tom Brady was consistently the franchise player of the New England Patriots, and widely regarded as the best player in franchise history. If those teams were as good as you say they were, that is quite the accomplishment.

What i was trying to say is that rings don't measure the ability of a quarterback necessarily. Brady vs Bradshaw is obviously no contest. The quarterback is widely regarded as the most important position. Today's NFL is a quarterback driven league. Any elite quarterback like Brady or Manning would be their team's franchise player. Manning would've easily been the franchise player on those beast patriot teams as well. Manning himself does so much for an offence it's ridiculous. He's practically an offensive co-coordinator out there and is given freedom to call his own shots. That says a lot about his ability. Manning's ability to lead and carry an entire team is second to none.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Image
User avatar
Arian The Insider
 
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Somalia

Re: NFL

Postby MSP4LYFE » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:39 pm

It says even more about the system he plays in...Had Manning played in Bill Belichek's system I promise you he wouldn't be calling his own shots to the extent that he does in Indianapolis.
Image
User avatar
MSP4LYFE
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Re: NFL

Postby Shep » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:25 pm

FML :)

Peyton Manning will sign a deal with the Broncos

Peyton Manning is finalizing a contract with the Denver Broncos, a league source told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi on Monday.

Manning called Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway on Monday to inform him of his decision.

The Broncos already have looked into a trade of quarterback Tim Tebow and currently are looking for a trade partner, a source told NFL Network's Albert Breer.

Broncos wideout Eric Decker, who had 44 receptions for 612 yards with eight touchdowns in 2011, told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that he expects the offense to change with Manning now under center and that Manning would run the system from the line of scrimmage.

"More of the offense will be in Peyton's hands," Decker said.

The Broncos were one of three finalists for the four-time NFL MVP, as the Tennessee Titans and the San Francisco 49ers fell just short of the Broncos in the race to sign Manning. The Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins also were in the hunt and earned meetings with Manning but ultimately did not make the final three.

Manning personally called Titans owner Bud Adams, who had offered Manning a lifetime contract with the Titans, to let him know of his choice, according to The Tennessean. The newspaper reported that Adams was disappointed, but he was glad his team made a run at the quarterback.

"I was hoping we would win out," Adams told The Tennessean. "I thought we'd be ahead of Denver. I thought he'd want to stay in Tennessee."

Adams told the newspaper that he jokingly told Manning, "He was going into high altitude, so he better start getting in shape."

The Broncos flew to Durham, N.C., to watch Manning throw at nearby Duke University last Friday. The Broncos' contingent was led by Elway, coach John Fox, general manager Brian Xanders, offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, quarterbacks coach Adam Gase and medical personnel.
Harrison: Manning's new 'mates
What kind of team is Peyton Manning inheriting in Denver? Elliot Harrison scouts the weapons that'll surround No. 18. More ...

"We enjoyed visiting with Peyton today in N.C.," Elway tweeted after the session. "He threw the ball great and looked very comfortable out there. Watching him throw today was the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton. It was a productive visit and went well."

The Indianapolis Colts released Manning on March 7, ending a 14-year relationship between the team and its franchise quarterback.

The Colts' decision to part ways with the four-time MVP, who has thrown for over 54,000 career yards with 399 touchdowns, did not come as a surprise. Manning missed all of 2011 after undergoing neck surgery the week before the start of the regular season. He was due to receive a $28 million roster bonus if he had been with the Colts, a team currently in rebuilding mode with a new coach and general manager, at the start of the league year.
Inaugural GM
2009-2016
User avatar
Shep
 
Posts: 13438
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: NFL

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:26 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Chris
 
Posts: 3619
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: NFL

Postby KapG » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:29 pm

should be fun watching the Tebow lovers freak out over this.
User avatar
KapG
 
Posts: 9606
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Toronto (beach area)

Re: NFL

Postby Sensfanjosh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:02 pm

I don't get the Bronco's first they start off last year saying Tebow wasn't good enough to be a QB in the league and they were gonna go with Orton. Orton sucks, so they turn to Tebow who actually wins them a few games (whether as a QB, a glorified extra RB or some sort of divine figure that is debatable) and they come out and announce the team will create an offense built around his abilities. The following off-season they sign Manning? Can't keep throwing everyone into the fire, publicly supporting them as the future, and then throwing them under the bus. Doesn't make sense to me. .......

As a Seahawks fan though, quietly excited to see how Matt Flynn fares.....
Image
User avatar
Sensfanjosh
 
Posts: 3400
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: NFL

Postby KapG » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:23 pm

you would be a seahawks fan with a sig like that.

fuck.
User avatar
KapG
 
Posts: 9606
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Toronto (beach area)

Re: NFL

Postby Sensfanjosh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Oh you mean a .gif like this?.......




....you had to know it was coming.
Image
User avatar
Sensfanjosh
 
Posts: 3400
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: NFL

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm

KapG wrote:you would be a seahawks fan with a sig like that.

fuck.

Don't forget a Senators fan too!
Chris
 
Posts: 3619
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest