BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: All Raptors

Post by Shoalzie »

The all-time worst by fans was Michael Irvin basically breaking his neck at Veteran Stadium in Philly and Eagle fans cheering him not being able to move and he was stretchered off the field. I do respect the Raptors players for telling the fans not openly cheer the injury. It was not a good look last night. I'm sure many of the fans were in a mood to celebrate a title. Such a downer to attend a home game where you're hoping to see your team win the title.

I too believe Toronto will wrap this up...Golden State escaped with that game last night.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Ya it made the fans look bad, but once they realized the gravity of the situation and it being a serious injury most were respectful. The media expecting zero cheering after a player of Durant's abilities going down after looking so good early on is just asinine.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONThe all-time worst by fans was Michael Irvin basically breaking his neck at Veteran Stadium in Philly and Eagle fans cheering him not being able to move and he was stretchered off the field. I do respect the Raptors players for telling the fans not openly cheer the injury. It was not a good look last night. I'm sure many of the fans were in a mood to celebrate a title. Such a downer to attend a home game where you're hoping to see your team win the title.

I too believe Toronto will wrap this up...Golden State escaped with that game last night.
Fitting when you consider Irvin once stabbed a teammate in the neck for refusing to get out of a barbers chair so he could get his hair cut.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

LETS GO
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Good start
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Im not watching the game because I did that last time with 2:30 left and look how that turned out.

You're welcome.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Lee wroteCOLONIm not watching the game because I did that last time with 2:30 left and look how that turned out.

You're welcome.
You are doing the country a favoUr
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

LETS GOOOOOOO
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Congrats Raptors!
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

You're welcome.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

I don't follow basketball and don't understand most of the foul/time out rules, but that last second lasting 5 minutes was painful... The game's over and you torture TO players and fans by delaying the celebration? WTF man.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

The officiating was so bad. Glad the raps pulled it out in spite of that.

What a team :)
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

Cognates Raptors
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Amazing game and season! Too bad Kawhi couldn't have confirmed he was coming back just to add the cherry on top.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Bruyns wroteCOLONAmazing game and season! Too bad Kawhi couldn't have confirmed he was coming back just to add the cherry on top.
He'll be back.

I read he bought property in Toronto ;) :)
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Props to the Raptors on getting it done but full marks to Warriors for not going away when the bad luck was starting to pile up for them.

The NBA is such a star-driven drama league...the Durant and Thompson injuries really opens the door for a new team to get into the title picture next year. A lot will depend on where Kawhi decides to go. As long as Lebron doesn't get his way, I'm happy with any other scenarios.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Lakers favourites to win the title next year lmao
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

The way I see it, Kawhi can now do/go whatever/wherever he wants to. I know a lotta people including myself didnt have positive opinions on him originally coming here, making remarks of not wanting to stay here long term, saying that pro sports is business and they get paid enough to be accommodated and shouldnt be bitching etc. But in the end, the man stuck and accepted to his fate in coming here, didn't say anything negative about Toronto afterwards, played this season out stone-cold cool as fuck and acted as that last chess piece that won us the championship with Lowry and co. alongside as core. The man's done more than enough to take us to the heights that wasn't imaginable back in October. Some people just don't fuckin like the cold weather lol. We'll deal with it when he leaves but no way it's on him when/if he does.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

kimmer wroteCOLONThe way I see it, Kawhi can now do/go whatever/wherever he wants to. I know a lotta people including myself didnt have positive opinions on him originally coming here, making remarks of not wanting to stay here long term, saying that pro sports is business and they get paid enough to be accommodated and shouldnt be bitching etc. But in the end, the man stuck and accepted to his fate in coming here, didn't say anything negative about Toronto afterwards, played this season out stone-cold cool as fuck and acted as that last chess piece that won us the championship with Lowry and co. alongside as core. The man's done more than enough to take us to the heights that wasn't imaginable back in October. Some people just don't fuckin like the cold weather lol. We'll deal with it when he leaves but no way it's on him when/if he does.
agree 100%. My personal opinion is if he leaves it’s to Clippera to be close to home, which we can’t blame him for.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to