BBKL team-specific avatars

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

BBKL team-specific avatars

Post by kimmer »

This is just me, but I think that if everybody just picks and wears a normal corresponding NHL team logos in BBKL forums, it'd be easier for new GM's like Bruyns/Aidan etc to recognize us quicker and better, and for that very purpose, not necessarily for aesthetic reasons, I was always aware that this was a BBKL rule to have an accurate avatar up as well. I don't really see the personal appeal in having these certain avatars that are just plain weird, non-NHL team related, or outdated/graphically challenged team logos (Thom's/Bruyn's/Shookers/Nick's/Cliff's to name a few)

Not a personal jab at those guys but I see them around often and I have to look at their avatars often too, and they're simply atrocious. I think we should all unify avatars by selecting them at least from NHL.com or search for appropriate logos on google image which is easy to do

Thanks

P.S. guys like mine and shep's avatars are legit, because they accurately represent the correct team + aesthetically appealing/pleasing. But I'm willing to switch over to the link's given avatar if need be.
Last edited by 3 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Re: BBKL team-specific avatars

Post by kimmer »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Holy crap Paul, is it your time of the month or something? Wait a minute I think I just figured it out...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/scaAz1zcdXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by cliff11 »

gooker wroteCOLONThis is just me, but I think that if everybody just picks and wears a normal corresponding NHL team logos in BBKL forums, it'd be easier for new GM's like Bruyns/Aidan etc to recognize us quicker and better, and for that very purpose, not necessarily for esthetic reasons, I was always aware that this was a BBKL rule to have an accurate avatar up as well. I don't really see the personal appeal in having these certain avatars that are just plain weird, non-NHL team related, or outdated/graphically challenged team logos (Thom's/Bruyn's/Shookers/Nick's/Cliff's to name a few)

Not a personal jab at those guys but I see them around often and I have to look at their avatars often too, and they're simply atrocious. I think we should all unify avatars by selecting them at least from NHL.com or search for appropriate logos on google image which is easy to do

Thanks

P.S. guys like mine and shep's avatars are legit, because they accurately represent the correct team + esthetically appealing/pleasing. But I'm willing to switch over to the link's given avatar if need be.
fuck off paul i can have what ever the fuck i want up there
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Well chuck, I always viewed our boards as one of the elite fantasy hockey leagues around. I really don't see the point in having half naked girls sporting your team logos to signify that you're proud of the team, nor is it professional looking. Nobody's gonna look at your avatar and go "Wow this guy DEFINITELY isn't gay, he likes girls like it that appears on his avatar"

Just some serious food for thought.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

SMD, Paul. S.M.D.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

I can sort of already see this coming. People aren't going to be very receptive to any of my ideas I pitch out because I always joke around, and I don't belong in the CC or any higher mod power position. That's fine. I have already compiled the entire 30 team avatar list out on my second post of the thread, so feel free to use it as you like.

I just always wanted this place to look as professional as possible, as there are more people than not, in the fantasy hockeky world who wants to join this league. If you all wanna act like silly hooligans it's not my choice to force anyone against it, however me belonging in a professional organized regulatory body in my career, I always thought esthetics as well as organizational appearance within a league/body of people was of importance.
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

gooker wroteCOLONWell chuck, I always viewed our boards as one of the elite fantasy hockey leagues around. I really don't see the point in having half naked girls sporting your team logos to signify that you're proud of the team, nor is it professional looking. Nobody's gonna look at your avatar and go "Wow this guy DEFINITELY isn't gay, he likes girls like it that appears on his avatar"

Just some serious food for thought.
If I want to have a hot chick sporting my team's logo as my avatar then that's my perogative; and until this league pays me to be a part of it I dont give 2 shits if my team looks professional or not (other than CC related matters of course). :lol: If I want to deal with regulations and rules I'd work 24/7 in my accounting department. This is for fun, nothing more.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

you got a fuckin problem with eberle adjusting his tie bro
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

I have the best avi in the league ... why change
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

anton wroteCOLONyou got a fuckin problem with eberle adjusting his tie bro
Well it certainly doesn't have any sort of graphical indication anywhere in your sig/avatar to say that you are a GM of the Chicago Blackhawks. However I know that you are a lot like shep when it comes to the level of graphical taste/standard, so it's not worrisome that you do this. But some people just really have little to no clue about what works and what doesn't, and unknowingly choose to settle for less than mediocrity. I believe it has a lot to do with their lack of right brain hemisphere development.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

I have a banner you made me and my passport photo up there so people know what i look like. Dont know how much more professional you can get.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

if we dont know who each teams GM is by now we need to go fuck a cat.

seriously, this league has been around for 6 years?
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Maybe if each banner and avi included a logo somewhere ... pretty sure the CBA says we need a team avi
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Tony's on the right track.

I only just posted those logos because they are all from one site in nhl.com, clean and easy to use.
The professional look part is just my preference, but people took it all wrong and wants to skin me alive for suggesting it.

You are right that is BBKL's requirement, it may not have to look professional but I have every right to make fun of those that just look plain retarded (like Lee's)

I actually like yours Tony, it is not vulgar, it isn't out of context and it is clean edged.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

i may start a thread in the CC asking for paul's removal from the BBKL

i wish we had another Matt Bruyns waiting to join.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Hey Paul, if you are going to rant about the aesthetics of the avatars, maybe spelling it right at some point would be more professional?
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

gooker wroteCOLONImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I personally thank you for this post, Paul.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Add Josh's avatar to one of the retarded ones to the list
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON