Ongoing CBA Discussion Thread

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: Ongoing CBA Discussion Thread

Post by Lee »

Scott, didn't you pull a list from cap geek? Where did you find it?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Go to the 'Reserve Lists' and anyone with an "EL SR" next to their name is what we're looking for.

http://www.capgeek.com/ducks/reserve-list/

Theodore and Ritchie would apply from the Ducks.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Nice to see that the *finally* have Ritchie's contract details..
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Lee wroteCOLONScott, didn't you pull a list from cap geek? Where did you find it?
I still have to understand how we need to care about that capgeek list

once we have the new googledoc spreadsheets that show slide eligibility how does capgeek's stuff add anything?
Last edited by 1 on kyuss, edited 0 times in total.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Give us an idea who is eligible for EL slide.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

^^^ see the edit above
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Because they don't currently. How close are we to having the slide in google docs?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-an- ... ract-slide

If a player aged 18 or 19 signs an entry-level contract with a club (with his age calculated on Sept. 15 of the year he signed the contract) but does not play in at least 10 NHL games — regular season or playoffs — the contract will "slide" or be extended one year. The extension does not apply if the player turns 20 between Sept. 16 and Dec. 31 in the year he signed the contract.

Depending on the contract's structure, the player's cap hit can be affected either by an increase or a decrease. Players who sign at age 18 can have their contract extended (or "slide") two seasons.

While this is fairly straightforward for players returned to junior, it often leads to confusion for fans when 18- and 19-year-olds are assigned to a minor-league club. These situations are no different: the contract still slides, just as examples for Tomas Tatar and Niclas Bergfors illustrate.

CBA reference: Section 9.1 (d) (P. 23-24)
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

CapGeek tracks sliding contracts.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/2526

Drouin signed his ELC last year (July 5, 2013) at 18. He would be a slide risk for two seasons (until he turns 20)...the contract slid last year. He's probably going to play at least 10 games this year so his contract won't slide into next year and it will count towards the Lightning's 50 contracts.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Lee wroteCOLONBecause they don't currently. How close are we to having the slide in google docs?
Not earlier than Sunday evening, roster submission should be around October 5th though.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONGo to the 'Reserve Lists' and anyone with an "EL SR" next to their name is what we're looking for.

http://www.capgeek.com/ducks/reserve-list/

Theodore and Ritchie would apply from the Ducks.

Further clarification, any player on those reserve lists that have highlighted in that gold color are players whose ELC can slide.

http://www.capgeek.com/rangers/reserve-list/

Anthony Duclair doesn't have "EL SR" next to his name but his deal can slide. He signed his deal the year before and slid last year to this year. It can slide again this year.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

So, one thing that needs to be discussed is wether sliding contracts count before or after roster submission.

EX 1: I have 55 contracts before roster sumission, 5 sliders. Players slide after roster submission. I am 5 contracts over the roster limit and must drop them before roster submission.

EX 2: I have 55 contracts before roster submission. 5 sliders. Players slide before roster submission, now I have 50 contracts and do not need to drop anyone for roster submission.

Also needs to be made clear wether or not we can change who is currently sliding.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

If we're doing this properly, you should be able to put any slide risk contracts on that exempt list and you don't have to count them against your 50. If you have 55 contracts and 5 could slide...you make those exempt until any of them reach 10 NHL games this season.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Lee wroteCOLONSo, one thing that needs to be discussed is wether sliding contracts count before or after roster submission.

EX 1: I have 55 contracts before roster sumission, 5 sliders. Players slide after roster submission. I am 5 contracts over the roster limit and must drop them before roster submission.

EX 2: I have 55 contracts before roster submission. 5 sliders. Players slide before roster submission, now I have 50 contracts and do not need to drop anyone for roster submission.
the 50 contracts limit does not apply during the off season, hence only applies after roster submission, which makes that question pointless.
Also needs to be made clear wether or not we can change who is currently sliding.
not sure what does that mean?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONIf you have 55 contracts and 5 could slide...you make those exempt until any of them reach 10 NHL games this season.
so that's part of what you're proposing?

that's quite different from what i am proposing (with the bad key aspect of forcing us to track in-season situations), see the CC thread and please reply about that.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Junior players should slide unless called up in which one would need contract space
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONSo, one thing that needs to be discussed is wether sliding contracts count before or after roster submission.

the 50 contracts limit does not apply during the off season, hence only applies after roster submission, which makes that question pointless.
not sure what does that mean?

It's not pointless at all.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Yeah Lee is correct here,

If our slide rule applies before roster submission then players would always 'slide' regardless of their real life situation (assuming I am following) we essentially are assuming that guys are being sent down. If the slide rule goes into effect after the 9 NHL game limit then teams such as the example Lee is proposing would need to shed 5 contracts in order to go through roster submission, and then would have an additional 5 spots open in week 2 or 3 after his players had been sent down assuming they go down.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

bills09 wroteCOLONJunior players should slide unless called up in which one would need contract space
that's basically what i've been proposing inside the CC
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

We won't know if they are called up until after roster submission is Lee's point I believe.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to