**ANNOUNCEMENT** Missing Minimum GP - Pick Punishments

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

**ANNOUNCEMENT** Missing Minimum GP - Pick Punishments

Post by Shep »

Sticking with the rules we've used in the past, missing GP requires the team that misses 1st round pick to be bumped down 1 spot. This season, the following occurred:

The Philadelphia Flyers - 24 games under the 1100 cap
Dallas Stars - 137 games under the 1100 cap

Below is the result of that. Note: This occurs for 1st Round Picks ONLY.
1st stays 1st
2nd becomes 3rd
3rd becomes 4th
4th becomes 2nd
5th stays 5th

Leaving this as the new top 5.

1. Winnipeg Jets
2. Detroit Red Wings
3. Dallas Stars
4. Philadelphia Flyers
5. Carolina Hurricanes
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Re: **ANNOUNCEMENT** Missing Minimum GP - Pick Punishments

Post by shooker »

Boom
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Shitty for Luke.

His Dallas pick get's worse because Peter didn't make GP. Shitty. Shouldn't we penalize the actual team that missed the GP and not the pick, seeing as Peter doesn't even own that pick. The reason I bring it up is because Luke is being penalized for something Peter did. One might make the same argument for Sheps pick too.
Last edited by 1 on KapG, edited 0 times in total.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Sucks for Luke, thanks for sorting this out.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

KapG wroteCOLONShitty for Luke.

His Dallas pick get's worse because Peter didn't make GP. Shitty. Shouldn't we penalize the actual team that missed the GP and not the pick, seeing as Peter doesn't even own that pick. The reason I bring it up is because Luke is being penalized for something Peter did. One might make the same argument for Sheps pick too.
This is how we've always done it, and told people it's their risk in acquiring a pick from a team that is in jeopardy of missing the GP.

I believe it happened to Nick a couple years ago when he held Mash's pick.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Shep wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONShitty for Luke.

This is how we've always done it, and told people it's their risk in acquiring a pick from a team that is in jeopardy of missing the GP.

I believe it happened to Nick a couple years ago when he held Mash's pick.
Oh I know it's how it's always been done. I'm sure it has happened before too.

I'll just leave it at that since I don't want to create any unnecessary drama lol.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Luke has (well, had) the top two picks ... fuck Luke!
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Monk
PostsCOLON 1762
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Monk »

its not really fair to get punished for something you had nothing to do with but then again you cant just let people not make the minimum without some repercussions, even if the owner of the pick had nothing to do with the said illegality.. you cant punish the original owner if he doesnt own the pick or even have any other picks to punish him with, and we have gp requirements so that you at least have to make a minimal effort to be fair to the other 20something gms who are trying to compete.. at the end of the first bbkl season we went over this in some pretty heated arguments and there is really no other way to do it, i knew there was a really good chance dallas didnt meet the requirements and i was fine that i made a deal under the assumption that the pick would drop one spot, and i was fine with that when i made the dal so there's not much else to do
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

Gotta say, awesome attitude Luke. Most people bitch when something directly affects them but would also be the first to lash out if it was someone else. BBKL needs more of this.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

shooker wroteCOLONGotta say, awesome attitude Luke. Most people bitch when something directly affects them but would also be the first to lash out if it was someone else. BBKL needs more of this.
certainly better than the reaction I was expecting

Click banner to view current roster and picks
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

Yeah I wish I couldve helped out to hit the gp but I picked up the team over 2/3rds of the way through the season so there was nothing I could really do to pull it off.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

kudos to luke's attitude.. i wish dallas ended up last so he still keeps the first two picks.. and ya understand petes situation he can't really help out even his full team were to play when he took over..
#91 - John Tavares
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MadarameIkakku83 wroteCOLONits not really fair to get punished for something you had nothing to do with but then again you cant just let people not make the minimum without some repercussions, even if the owner of the pick had nothing to do with the said illegality.. you cant punish the original owner if he doesnt own the pick or even have any other picks to punish him with, and we have gp requirements so that you at least have to make a minimal effort to be fair to the other 20something gms who are trying to compete.. at the end of the first bbkl season we went over this in some pretty heated arguments and there is really no other way to do it, i knew there was a really good chance dallas didnt meet the requirements and i was fine that i made a deal under the assumption that the pick would drop one spot, and i was fine with that when i made the dal so there's not much else to do
That's why you punish the team who missed GP by taking away whatever it is you have to from their asset pool. It's not like Pete doesn't have other assets.

IMO you don't go and penalize the team that owns that pick. How's that EVER going to stop someone from NOT missing GP? Oh look....im not going to make GP, guess i'll just trade my pick for great value and not have to face the consequences.
Last edited by 2 on KapG, edited 0 times in total.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

shooker wroteCOLONGotta say, awesome attitude Luke. Most people bitch when something directly affects them but would also be the first to lash out if it was someone else. BBKL needs more of this.
I personally brought it up because I feel it is not fair AT ALL for Luke. Luke, a team who needs all the top end talent he can get, gets dropped a spot in the draft because some other team didn't make min GP lol.

That's so fucking dumb it makes my head spin.

The team that actually missed GP isn't even being disciplined. Note my previous post. Not gonna make min GP? That's cool, just trade your first for good value and it won't matter since the team taking your pick back is the one who is going to be fucked.

Woops, I said I was done with this thread bahahahahaha. I'll try again.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

yeah stupid rule
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Lol really. Lukes just chills all the time so i respect that. But a handful of ppl who says hes like an angel for accepting this is ridiculous lol. If somenone actually takes up a serious issue over this id actually be surprised. Theyre draft picks in a fantasy league who the fuck cares if u got seguin over hall seguins better anyhow
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

gooker wroteCOLONLol really. Lukes just chills all the time so i respect that. But a handful of ppl who says hes like an angel for accepting this is ridiculous lol. If somenone actually takes up a serious issue over this id actually be surprised. Theyre draft picks in a fantasy league who the fuck cares if u got seguin over hall seguins better anyhow
Ok Paul, trade me your best player for my shittiest. What's it matter since this is just a fantasy league right? Who the fuck cares?
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

I don't have any bad players so this argument is irrelevant to my team.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Kezia wroteCOLONI don't have any bad players so this argument is irrelevant to my team.
Oh snap! :P
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

KapG wroteCOLON
I personally brought it up because I feel it is not fair AT ALL for Luke. Luke, a team who needs all the top end talent he can get, gets dropped a spot in the draft because some other team didn't make min GP lol.

That's so fucking dumb it makes my head spin.

The team that actually missed GP isn't even being disciplined. Note my previous post. Not gonna make min GP? That's cool, just trade your first for good value and it won't matter since the team taking your pick back is the one who is going to be fucked.

Woops, I said I was done with this thread bahahahahaha. I'll try again.

You're mistaken that the offenders are not being punished, their situations are simply being looked into.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to