NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby shooker » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:17 pm

I fucking love this deal for van. IMO grabner is mason raymond. I wanted to trade one of them didnt care which one, also drafted in 06 and has done what exactly. Bernier just hasnt put it together sure he works hard but at some point you gotta just let him go. I like this deal alot because why did vancouver choke last year? Some say it was lou but honestly our d could clear a rebound. This is a giant step in the right direction imo! Finally adressing our needs instead of just drafting late picks every year.
Image
User avatar
shooker
 
Posts: 4382
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby armandtanzarian » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:59 am

Players waived as per Bob M.

Waivers, likely for buyout purposes: Cheechoo (Ottawa), Nokelainen, Vandermeer (Phoenix), Koistinen (Florida), Kotalik (Calgary).
armandtanzarian
 

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby Nick » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:01 pm

How dense is Sutter?

trades for Kotalik only to have to buy him out? could have let Oli leave for free!
User avatar
Nick
 
Posts: 16044
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby MSP4LYFE » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:18 pm

If he fails to resign Higgins there are going to be alot of ??? surrounding that trade, on top of the pre-existing ones...
Image
User avatar
MSP4LYFE
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby Shep » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Why the hell would they waive Vandermeer?

He's only 30 making 2mil, and a reliable defenceman, and they are losing Michalek to UFA.

Oh well.
Inaugural GM
2009-2016
User avatar
Shep
 
Posts: 13481
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby armandtanzarian » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Snipeshow wrote:Why the hell would they waive Vandermeer?

He's only 30 making 2mil, and a reliable defenceman, and they are losing Michalek to UFA.

Oh well.


Maybe because they expect Gormley to make the roster this season ?
armandtanzarian
 

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby MSP4LYFE » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 pm

mr. bruin wrote:
Snipeshow wrote:Why the hell would they waive Vandermeer?

He's only 30 making 2mil, and a reliable defenceman, and they are losing Michalek to UFA.

Oh well.


Maybe because they expect Gormley to make the roster this season ?


No NHL team would waive a veteran defenceman because they expected an 18 year old defenseman prospect, selected 14 to make it right away...
Image
User avatar
MSP4LYFE
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby armandtanzarian » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Just like no NHL team would pass on a 4th and 5th ranked top prospect in a draft to pick a goon at 10th overall? Lol, I wouldnt be surprised at much in the NHL.
armandtanzarian
 

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby MSP4LYFE » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 pm

mr. bruin wrote:Just like no NHL team would pass on a 4th and 5th ranked top prospect in a draft to pick a goon at 10th overall? Lol, I wouldnt be surprised at much in the NHL.


Dylan McIlrath isn't a goon...And even at 5 Gormley was a long shot at best to make the NHL. I don't deny that he may make the team out of camp, my argument is in regards to your comment that the Coyotes let go of a veteran defenceman because of the off chance that their newly acquired prospect may make it out of camp. Think about that for a second...It would be like the Leafs dealing Grabo because they were confident Kadri could slot in as a #2 centerman.
Image
User avatar
MSP4LYFE
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby Nick » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:25 pm

god i hope the leafs do that :)
User avatar
Nick
 
Posts: 16044
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby armandtanzarian » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:31 pm

MSP4LYFE wrote:
mr. bruin wrote:Just like no NHL team would pass on a 4th and 5th ranked top prospect in a draft to pick a goon at 10th overall? Lol, I wouldnt be surprised at much in the NHL.


Dylan McIlrath isn't a goon...And even at 5 Gormley was a long shot at best to make the NHL. I don't deny that he may make the team out of camp, my argument is in regards to your comment that the Coyotes let go of a veteran defenceman because of the off chance that their newly acquired prospect may make it out of camp. Think about that for a second...It would be like the Leafs dealing Grabo because they were confident Kadri could slot in as a #2 centerman.


I understand that. McIlrath isnt a goon but hes not a top 10 pick either when you have the likes of Gormely or fowler on the board. And i am confused by your reply. gormley at 5 was a long shot to make the NHL but you don't deny that he could make the team out of camp?

Not a good comparison though, to the Leafs. Vandermeer was making 2.3 million. Thats too much for a guy that should be a 3rd pairing defensmeman. And if we had more options with our damn smileys, i would have posted this after my comment Image
armandtanzarian
 

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby MSP4LYFE » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:22 pm

mr. bruin wrote:
MSP4LYFE wrote:
mr. bruin wrote:Just like no NHL team would pass on a 4th and 5th ranked top prospect in a draft to pick a goon at 10th overall? Lol, I wouldnt be surprised at much in the NHL.


Dylan McIlrath isn't a goon...And even at 5 Gormley was a long shot at best to make the NHL. I don't deny that he may make the team out of camp, my argument is in regards to your comment that the Coyotes let go of a veteran defenceman because of the off chance that their newly acquired prospect may make it out of camp. Think about that for a second...It would be like the Leafs dealing Grabo because they were confident Kadri could slot in as a #2 centerman.


I understand that. McIlrath isnt a goon but hes not a top 10 pick either when you have the likes of Gormely or fowler on the board. And i am confused by your reply. gormley at 5 was a long shot to make the NHL but you don't deny that he could make the team out of camp?

Not a good comparison though, to the Leafs. Vandermeer was making 2.3 million. Thats too much for a guy that should be a 3rd pairing defensmeman. And if we had more options with our damn smileys, i would have posted this after my comment Image


Any 18 year old not named Hall is a longshot to make the team out of camp, but guys like Gormley have the talent level to impress enough to get a shot, that's what I meant by it.
Image
User avatar
MSP4LYFE
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby armandtanzarian » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 pm

That is quite young and he should benefit from a year in the minors with a taste here and there of the big leagues. Probably play the 9 games before they make the final decision. Hopefully he turns enough heads to make the brass keep him up. not likely though.
armandtanzarian
 

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby Nick » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:11 pm

HOLY FAAKKKK Burkie... i know sometimes no move is better then a bad move... However I need something!!! extend Kulemin.... Hanson even... maybe Primeau...
User avatar
Nick
 
Posts: 16044
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby bills09 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Sergei Kostitsyn to Nashville for Dan Ellis and Dustin Boyd
Image
bills09
 
Posts: 8790
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Pickering, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby inferno31 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:56 pm

bills09 wrote:Sergei Kostitsyn to Nashville for Dan Ellis and Dustin Boyd


Ellis is a UFA so its his rights for 2 days, Boyds an RFA.
Roster
Image
User avatar
inferno31
 
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
Location: NYC

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Postby bills09 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:07 pm

inferno31 wrote:Ellis is a UFA so its his rights for 2 days, Boyds an RFA.


Boyd was not given a qualifying offer by nashville and thus would of also been a ufa
Image
bills09
 
Posts: 8790
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Pickering, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Sergei Kostitsyn to Nashville

Postby The BBKL Insider » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:33 pm

If they can get Kostitsyn under contract I like this deal for Nashville to be honest.

I still think this kid is a gem.
Image
User avatar
The BBKL Insider
 
Posts: 21906
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Sergei Kostitsyn to Nashville

Postby Scott » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 pm

SK could explode for sure
_______________________________________________________________
Click Devils Image Below For Full Team Roster

Image
BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
User avatar
Scott
 
Posts: 7701
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: London, Ontario

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Sergei Kostitsyn to Nashville

Postby Nick » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm

lol. eventually gotta call an apple an apple; and a bad apple a bad apple.
User avatar
Nick
 
Posts: 16044
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests