BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Shoalzie »

Lee wroteCOLONElite Prospects rolled out a premium subscription service .. for 9 $ a month :lol:

Until they make typing in a player's name and getting basic info and stats behind a paywall...then I don't need more than that. We're getting to the point where everyone wants to be compensated for their passion projects. If people want to pay you for more and you can provide that extra content for them...good on them. Most things on the internet start as free but eventually people want to circle back and collect backpay from all their loyal users. Gone are the days of just throwing a PayPal account out there as a tip jar and instead you create a tiered system where you get more if you pay a subscription.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

I don't think there is anything wrong per se, passion projects can take a lot of effort and be valuable even if they're not a regular job, and they usually take away commitment and chances with a more regular job.

The only problem I have (especially when the regular features are remaining free) is that 9€ per month is a lot for something that doesn't really produce new content weekly, rather just provide access to a database
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

NHL salary cap to be in the $79-$80 million range.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

wow hall captures hart! i thought it would go to mckinnon
#91 - John Tavares
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

hong57 wroteCOLONwow hall captures hart! i thought it would go to mckinnon
Voting was very close between them. 1,264 to 1,194
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Loki wroteCOLON
hong57 wroteCOLONwow hall captures hart! i thought it would go to mckinnon
Voting was very close between them. 1,264 to 1,194
ah dam.. i thought mackinnon was way better.. just my opinion
#91 - John Tavares
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Rinne with the Vezina. #Stud #stillnorespect
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

#oldaf
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONRinne with the Vezina. #Stud #stillnorespect
#BBKL #ToughLife
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't know about this disrespect thing. He's a quality goalie of the post-lockout era (2005-present) much like Lundqvist, Luongo and Miller. Guys you can certainly ride to strong regular seasons but couldn't get the last big check mark on their resume.

The top 10 winningest goalies of this era...only 4 have won cups (Fleury, Ward, Quick and Brodeur). Eight of the 10 have been to the finals (exceptions being Lehtonen and Price). Rinne is one of the best goalies of this current era we're in but we tend to judge guys on the last thing we see and that's a bad effort in a Game 7. Can't forget he played really well last year in the run to the Cup Final.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

I find it odd that people look at post-season performance as an indicator of regular season performance. The two are completely different and one is irrelevant in a dynasty league. If my guy is a stud during the regular season and a choker in the post-season, I don't really give a flying flute.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Well in our league it only matters what they do in the regular season. Guy is a solid fantasy goalie and was worthy of being nominated for the award. You can debate over who was the better goalie of the three but he was really good this year.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONWell in our league it only matters what they do in the regular season. Guy is a solid fantasy goalie and was worthy of being nominated for the award. You can debate over who was the better goalie of the three but he was really good this year.
And still nobody wants him (sad panda).
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

yawn
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONWell in our league it only matters what they do in the regular season. Guy is a solid fantasy goalie and was worthy of being nominated for the award. You can debate over who was the better goalie of the three but he was really good this year.

I'd say this is a false statement. If "no one wants him" it's because you are asking too much for what the market is prepared to offer.

I am interested, but I am not paying for a prime years vezina winner when he is old as fuck .
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Yea I'd take him but not offering top dollar for 1 year guaranteed as a starter and who knows after that.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll raise my hand and say I had mentioned to Shiv briefly before he left what I could do to get Rinne. Nothing came of those talks. His age scares me off a bit and the fact they've got a solid young goalie behind him makes you pause a bit as well. If my team truly was a goalie away from being a contender...I'd be interested in a one year all-in scenario. Unfortunately, I had decent goaltending last year with Smith and it still wasn't enough to make the playoffs. Trading/acquiring goaltending is a nasty bit of business in our league.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Cam Talbot available for a downgrade...
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONCam Talbot available for a downgrade...
Cam Talbot is the downgrade.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

I'd say this is a false statement. If "no one wants him" it's because you are asking too much for what the market is prepared to offer.

I am interested, but I am not paying for a prime years vezina winner when he is old as fuck .
Shoalzie wroteCOLONI'll raise my hand and say I had mentioned to Shiv briefly before he left what I could do to get Rinne. Nothing came of those talks. His age scares me off a bit and the fact they've got a solid young goalie behind him makes you pause a bit as well. If my team truly was a goalie away from being a contender...I'd be interested in a one year all-in scenario. Unfortunately, I had decent goaltending last year with Smith and it still wasn't enough to make the playoffs. Trading/acquiring goaltending is a nasty bit of business in our league.
Malette18 wroteCOLONYea I'd take him but not offering top dollar for 1 year guaranteed as a starter and who knows after that.
You are all free to send me PMs to discuss his value. It's a new year after all!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to