NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by cliff11 »

dave1959 wroteCOLONCanes name Rod Brind'Amour head coach.

Good Guy!!

I still remember when he played for the Notre Dame Hounds against the Pembroke Lumber Kings (tier 2 junior A) and Cujo was in nets for them. 1987 BEST junior hockey game I've ever watched!!

I was a season ticket holder for PLK for many many years. (also stats and asst trainer for a couple years 1990 and 1991)

from Wikipedia

They then moved on to face the Calgary Canucks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League for the Abbott Cup. At first, the Hounds were out matched. They went down early, being led in the series 3-games-to-1. They stormed back in Game 5 to win 7-2 and then won Game 6. In Game 7 with a 3-2 lead, future National Hockey League (NHL) player Curtis Joseph took control and closed the door.

The Game 7 victory earned the team a birth into the Centennial Cup. (now known as the Royal Bank Cup)

In the first game, the Hounds played the Halifax Lions of the Metro Valley Junior Hockey League, defeating them 6-5. In the second game, they played the Thunder Bay Flyers of the United States Hockey League, the result was a 9-7 win.

The next game was a nail-biter. The Hounds took on the Pembroke Lumber Kings of the Central Junior A Hockey League and lost in triple overtime by a score of 4-3.

The Semi-final placed them again against the Lumber Kings, but this time they were ready to win and took in 7-3. This set up a Final between the Hounds and the Lions.

After 2 periods, the Hounds found themselves down 2-1. They tied it up early, and then late in the game, on a feeder from future NHL player Rod Brind'Amour, future gold medal winning hero of the 1990 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships Dwayne Norris scored the game winner.

Brind'Amour won awards for being the Top Scorer, Most Valuable Player, and Top Centre, while another future NHL player, Joby Messier, won Top Defenseman.

Cool story Dave,
Rod Brind'Amour is from Campbell River, (my hometown) had a chance to meet him many times and he was always a stand up guy, signing autographs and taking pictures. Such a beauty, I think he will do a good job as the Canes new head coach. Good luck Rod!
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Where do u live now cliff?
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644

Post by cliff11 »

Still Campbell River hahaha
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

I was there a couple weeks ago. Almost blew up the highway.
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644

Post by cliff11 »

Matthew wroteCOLONI was there a couple weeks ago. Almost blew up the highway.

what? why'd you almost blow up the highway haha? you drilling and blasting :P
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Left a full 30lb propane tank on my tailgate as i pulled out of a gas station onto the main road on my way up to San Josef Bay.
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644

Post by cliff11 »

Matthew wroteCOLONLeft a full 30lb propane tank on my tailgate as i pulled out of a gas station onto the main road on my way up to San Josef Bay.

not good man that could have been pretty bad lol, i've never been to San Josef Bay before, heard its unreal up there.

where are you from?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Victoria/Cowichan
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644

Post by cliff11 »

Matthew wroteCOLONVictoria/Cowichan

ahh no shit eh small world crazy
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I dont get how u do such a dumb thing esp when ur not even high.
This guys just constantly high on life
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Kyle Dubas new gm of the leafs.
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

Lee wroteCOLONKyle Dubas new gm of the leafs.

Very happy for him. I have met him a few times, when he was the Gm for my Greyhounds.

Speaking of Greyhounds, Im heading to the street party in a bit, and then to the game. Go hounds Go
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Always cool to hear about BBKLers' real life's hockey touches

as for Dubas.. sounds like you like the guy?
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

arian.. you are still 16 right? you ready for the NHL entry draft so i get to know some ppl who are NHLers too.
#91 - John Tavares
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

hong57 wroteCOLONarian.. you are still 16 right? you ready for the NHL entry draft so i get to know some ppl who are NHLers too.
No I'm 15 now
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
hong57 wroteCOLONarian.. you are still 16 right? you ready for the NHL entry draft so i get to know some ppl who are NHLers too.
No I'm 15 now
Position?
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

thom54 wroteCOLON
Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
No I'm 15 now
Position?
Right bench
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

I would have guessed bone prone.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

dave1959 wroteCOLONCanes name Rod Brind'Amour head coach.

Good Guy!!

I still remember when he played for the Notre Dame Hounds against the Pembroke Lumber Kings (tier 2 junior A) and Cujo was in nets for them. 1987 BEST junior hockey game I've ever watched!!

I was a season ticket holder for PLK for many many years. (also stats and asst trainer for a couple years 1990 and 1991)

from Wikipedia

They then moved on to face the Calgary Canucks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League for the Abbott Cup. At first, the Hounds were out matched. They went down early, being led in the series 3-games-to-1. They stormed back in Game 5 to win 7-2 and then won Game 6. In Game 7 with a 3-2 lead, future National Hockey League (NHL) player Curtis Joseph took control and closed the door.

The Game 7 victory earned the team a birth into the Centennial Cup. (now known as the Royal Bank Cup)

In the first game, the Hounds played the Halifax Lions of the Metro Valley Junior Hockey League, defeating them 6-5. In the second game, they played the Thunder Bay Flyers of the United States Hockey League, the result was a 9-7 win.

The next game was a nail-biter. The Hounds took on the Pembroke Lumber Kings of the Central Junior A Hockey League and lost in triple overtime by a score of 4-3.

The Semi-final placed them again against the Lumber Kings, but this time they were ready to win and took in 7-3. This set up a Final between the Hounds and the Lions.

After 2 periods, the Hounds found themselves down 2-1. They tied it up early, and then late in the game, on a feeder from future NHL player Rod Brind'Amour, future gold medal winning hero of the 1990 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships Dwayne Norris scored the game winner.

Brind'Amour won awards for being the Top Scorer, Most Valuable Player, and Top Centre, while another future NHL player, Joby Messier, won Top Defenseman.
That was fun to read
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

When the Jets go up 3-0 7 minutes in...

Click banner to view current roster and picks
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to