BUTTON_POST_REPLY
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Fraser wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONYeah, as a canucks fan, I'm not happy with the boeser deal. I assume our cup window opens in 2-3 years when his deal expires, and then we will need to pay him way more. Could care less what we pay himoverthe next couple seasons. Would much rather have locked him up at 8 years x 8.5m. Or even 6 years at 8 million than 3 years at 5.9m
As a guy who has Boeser in BBKL i should probably just hold me tongue. But the jury is still out on him for me to reach this level of star potential that most are assuming he will be at this stage. Few in his corner more than I am, but some early injury concerns and inconsistency issues wouldn't have me happy committing 8+mil to this guy at this stage if his career. Plus it gets us to give him a max contract that will take him through until 32ish rather than 36/37ish. So much less risk in this deal on both ends of that coin. Yea if he explodes we will pay more, but in that situation he becomes a star talent and we got him, how horrible. This deal is very well thought out and very risk averse, i love it.
I believe just the Qualifying offer on his next contract is ~ 7.5m, so that's the minimum we will be paying him next go around injuries or not. But due to tv contract probably a lot more if he does live up to hype.
Probably more like 10 mil on his next deal. Having Boeser on a bridge is a complete waste.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
Fraser wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONYeah, as a canucks fan, I'm not happy with the boeser deal. I assume our cup window opens in 2-3 years when his deal expires, and then we will need to pay him way more. Could care less what we pay himoverthe next couple seasons. Would much rather have locked him up at 8 years x 8.5m. Or even 6 years at 8 million than 3 years at 5.9m
As a guy who has Boeser in BBKL i should probably just hold me tongue. But the jury is still out on him for me to reach this level of star potential that most are assuming he will be at this stage. Few in his corner more than I am, but some early injury concerns and inconsistency issues wouldn't have me happy committing 8+mil to this guy at this stage if his career. Plus it gets us to give him a max contract that will take him through until 32ish rather than 36/37ish. So much less risk in this deal on both ends of that coin. Yea if he explodes we will pay more, but in that situation he becomes a star talent and we got him, how horrible. This deal is very well thought out and very risk averse, i love it.
I believe just the Qualifying offer on his next contract is ~ 7.5m, so that's the minimum we will be paying him next go around injuries or not. But due to tv contract probably a lot more if he does live up to hype.
Probably more like 10 mil on his next deal. Having Boeser on a bridge is a complete waste.
If Boeser becomes a player justifiable of paying 10mil on his next contract the Canucks org will be ecstatic.

Becomes a lot easier in the Cnaucks cap structure to pay that kind of money when Erickson Surtter and the other rubbish contracts expire in 2-3 years time.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

The point is you could've had him now somewhere between 7-8 mil on a 6-8 yr deal. Vancouver is going nowhere for the next couple of seasons, so it's just a waste of a bridge deal. Poor planning as usual from Vancouver.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Option A:

5.85 x 3 years = 17.55 mil (25 years old at end of deal + RFA)
9.5 x 7 years = 66.5mil (32 years old at end of deal)

*8.4mil per year average
*No commitment to Boeser into likely declining years
*Capture full prime of his career
*Option to re-sign at age 32 on cheaper contract if play starts to decline at this stage of career.

Option B:

7.5 x 7 years = 52.5 mil (29 years old at end of deal +UFA)
9.5 X 5 years = 47.5mil (34 years old at end of deal) *9.5 is a very low estimate given negotiated later and cap has likely continued to rise + UFA status

*8.33mil per year average
*Potential commitment to Boeser into declining years
*Potential loss of player still in Prime to UFA
*May only accept 6-7 year deal instead of 5 taking him to 35-36 years old and even worse decline risk

Even with a very low estimate on Boeser's 2nd deal with the club. Option A looks like a far better option still.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
·
4m
Dustin Byfuglien, currently on personal leave from WPG, is believed to be using the time to ponder his NHL future. I’m not saying Byfuglien is retiring; I’m not saying he’s coming back to play. Only that he’s contemplating his options and there’s no timetable for a decision.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Jesus.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

WPG all of a sudden a hot mess without buff laine connor
my guess is they salvage connor signing within the end of the week at the least
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Matthew wroteCOLONBob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
·
4m
Dustin Byfuglien, currently on personal leave from WPG, is believed to be using the time to ponder his NHL future. I’m not saying Byfuglien is retiring; I’m not saying he’s coming back to play. Only that he’s contemplating his options and there’s no timetable for a decision.

some people just don't like living in Winnipeg. Don't blame him.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Is Buff married? Smelling' a rat...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Winnipeg is imploding. May open up a wildcard spot for Vancouver to be more competitive for which I love.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Thomas Chabot

8m x 8 years

Extension

#BBKLminnesota
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Matthew wroteCOLONThomas Chabot

8m x 8 years

Extension

#BBKLminnesota
.... lucky it kicks in next year... so expensive... but worth it
#91 - John Tavares
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

have fun cutting cap! : D
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

lots of cap to dump here beo
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

WPG has suspended Dustin Byfuglien for failing to report to camp. If he doesn’t report by opening day, WPG loses his cap hit until he does report.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLONWPG has suspended Dustin Byfuglien for failing to report to camp. If he doesn’t report by opening day, WPG loses his cap hit until he does report.
Suddenly A LOT of cap room for connor and laine.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Brayden Points signs

3 years x 6.75m

Wow.

All hail #BBKLNJD!
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Thanks for the hometown discount Marner!
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

That's almost 1 Kevin Hayes.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Leafs trying to set a trend... only thing they did was shoot themselves in the foot. Good job Dubas and Shanny. Bunch of ass-hats.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to