BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Da_Hawks »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONI hope we trade Nylander for defense. We dont need daddy negotiating his contacts.

Nylander for Ceci
Ceci is terribad. I would not take him for free - he's Ottawa's problem.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

hong57 wroteCOLON
lightupdadarkness wroteCOLONMatthews out a month
why? did he sign up in the vacation thread? he was still posting here just today..
I chuckled.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONI hope we trade Nylander for defense. We dont need daddy negotiating his contacts.

Nylander for Ceci
Lol
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
dave1959 wroteCOLON

Nylander for Ceci
Lol
Make it so.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
Kid's a clown,

I was reading an article an article that said a lot of leaf fans have gone sour on Nylander. It was 'something' like 70% of fans polled would trade nylader over keep him, at this point.
Why y’all wanna trade him? I thought he was good is that not the case?
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON
Kid's a clown,

I was reading an article an article that said a lot of leaf fans have gone sour on Nylander. It was 'something' like 70% of fans polled would trade nylader over keep him, at this point.
Greedy kid

He's already lost (potentially) 600,000 in salary. I hope it isn't worth it for him in the long run.

I wish we all made 6-8mil a year.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

I wanna keep him but if we can package him for a legit top pairing guy it's something we have to do.. it's our major need at this point
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

This standoff is as much on the Leafs as it is on Nylander.

The Nylander hate across Leafland has become laughable over the last two-plus months. While I'll concede that Marner is the better player at this point, their talent is so much closer to one another than anybody is giving credit for. Also, if you actually look at the numbers, Matthews is SO much better when he's playing with Nylander compared to when he is not. It's not just Nylander that gets a Matthews bump. Matthews gets a Nylander bump, too. While Matthews started this season on an absolute tear, he's still a better player with Nylander on his wing and frankly it's not even close.

The notion that Nylander needs to be traded for a defenseman is absurd. Could the Leafs use some help on the back-end? Sure. But given the market price for defensemen out there and the fact that Nylander isn't playing, you're going to get .50 on the dollar at this point and why bother? Suddenly without Nylander and Matthews the Leafs depth is not that great as the Marlies had all their best players promoted at the end of last season.

The Leafs are better off trusting the process and building up the back-end through the draft as they have been and perhaps through a deadline deal for a push this season. The Leafs have solid forward depth when they are healthy but one or two injuries and suddenly they are just a top-six team as their third line of Johnsson/Lindholm/Brown would indicate. That line isn't scoring, ever.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON
Kid's a clown,

He's great and trading him would be a mistake.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Nobody asked u shep
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Shep wroteCOLONThis standoff is as much on the Leafs as it is on Nylander.

The Nylander hate across Leafland has become laughable over the last two-plus months. While I'll concede that Marner is the better player at this point, their talent is so much closer to one another than anybody is giving credit for. Also, if you actually look at the numbers, Matthews is SO much better when he's playing with Nylander compared to when he is not. It's not just Nylander that gets a Matthews bump. Matthews gets a Nylander bump, too. While Matthews started this season on an absolute tear, he's still a better player with Nylander on his wing and frankly it's not even close.

The notion that Nylander needs to be traded for a defenseman is absurd. Could the Leafs use some help on the back-end? Sure. But given the market price for defensemen out there and the fact that Nylander isn't playing, you're going to get .50 on the dollar at this point and why bother? Suddenly without Nylander and Matthews the Leafs depth is not that great as the Marlies had all their best players promoted at the end of last season.

The Leafs are better off trusting the process and building up the back-end through the draft as they have been and perhaps through a deadline deal for a push this season. The Leafs have solid forward depth when they are healthy but one or two injuries and suddenly they are just a top-six team as their third line of Johnsson/Lindholm/Brown would indicate. That line isn't scoring, ever.
+1

I just wish we knew more of what was being offered/demanded. I thought from day one that 7X7 made sense and wonder how the negotiations are really going, I hate listening to media talk about it since they make all sorts of baseless speculation and try and pass it off as fact saying Nylander is demanding X or Leafs are only offering X. I do think there might be some truth in the speculation that it's Dubas' first negotiation and he feels he needs to play hard ball so agents don't think they can walk all over him.

How's DFS going? I don't really play MLB/NFL so I'm happy NHL/NBA are back. Up about $400 but don't have any smaller sites I'm playing on and in past years those were where I'd clean up.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLONThis standoff is as much on the Leafs as it is on Nylander.

+1

I just wish we knew more of what was being offered/demanded. I thought from day one that 7X7 made sense and wonder how the negotiations are really going, I hate listening to media talk about it since they make all sorts of baseless speculation and try and pass it off as fact saying Nylander is demanding X or Leafs are only offering X. I do think there might be some truth in the speculation that it's Dubas' first negotiation and he feels he needs to play hard ball so agents don't think they can walk all over him.

How's DFS going? I don't really play MLB/NFL so I'm happy NHL/NBA are back. Up about $400 but don't have any smaller sites I'm playing on and in past years those were where I'd clean up.
From what I've heard, Nylander and his agent are pretty hard-set on using Draisaitl's contract ($8.5 mil) as their comparison whereas Dubas and company are using anywhere from Ehlers ($6mil) to Pastrnak ($6.7 mil). So, with that in mind, how a 7 x 7-7.25 deal hasn't come to terms yet I'll never know. But, from what I've heard is that Dubas had Nylander, Matthews, Marner and Gardiner written in their ultimate cap spreadsheet at certain numbers. Those numbers only work if everybody buys into it and into the process, and that works with Tavares $11mil. If they stray off one even by 250k it'll throw everything off. So I think that is part of the reason why Dubas is being so hard with Nylander as well is because to keep all the players, they all need to make a certain amount.

MLB DFS this summer was not so kind, so I'm taking some time off right now (though early NFL/NHL were good to me) ... with the kid I have less time to do the research I feel is needed so it's much more sporadic play at this moment in time. If you're looking for a smaller site that I have always found to be good try out FantasyDraft dot com. Their NHL games are smalllll (but sometimes that's good) but I think their NBA contests are a bit larger.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I'm on FantasyDraft but only put $50 a few weeks ago and now have $51 haha. Most of my action is on FD right now, been playing the later slates and single games and there has actually been some overlay in the double/triple up multipliers.

I'm talking sites so small that they were sketchy and almost didn't pay out like FantasyUp where I actually had my funds frozen before they were bought and then paid out. I had a ton of success on DraftPot too and then they went US only and were later bought. Draftpot had the drop your lowest score on NBA which I liked and Fanduel adopted that this year which I really like the added strategy of picking a couple punt plays and dropping one completely.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Jon quick out indefinitely.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Matthew wroteCOLONJon quick out indefinitely.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Yanni Gourde resigns for 6 years at 5.2 per year
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Nice. Figured he'd get similar to marchessault.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

2 more years for Pekka Rinne, $5m AAV
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa